Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40

Thread: Freshman PG Destiny Slocum transferring from Maryland to be closer to home (Idaho)

  1. #1

    Freshman PG Destiny Slocum transferring from Maryland to be closer to home (Idaho)

    Destiny Slocum was the Big 10 Freshman of the Year. She is transferring for "personal family issues" and wants to be closer to her home in Idaho.

    She was a top 10 recruit coming out of high school in 2016.
    Were we on her radar then and should we be now?


    http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...land-terrapins

  2. #2
    Although we did recruit her, i thought that washington was where she was first headed.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    Although we did recruit her, i thought that washington was where she was first headed.
    Well, the Washington situation has changed, so it might be worthwhile to reach out to her. She'd have to sit out a year anyway.

  4. #4
    Slocum will be a prize recruit -- if she really is leaving to be closer to home, Colorado and Washington State would seem to have an edge.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

  5. #5
    Geographically, Utah is closer than Colorado.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    Slocum will be a prize recruit -- if she really is leaving to be closer to home, Colorado and Washington State would seem to have an edge.
    Or Gonzaga.

  7. #7
    Do the Women have the same transfer rule as the men. I thought I had read somewhere they were free to play immediately following a transfer

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineyardview View Post
    Do the Women have the same transfer rule as the men. I thought I had read somewhere they were free to play immediately following a transfer
    Same rules as the men for undergraduates. She'll have to sit out a year.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCALBear72 View Post
    Same rules as the men for undergraduates. She'll have to sit out a year.
    I don't remember Romeo sitting out a year, and she didn't transfer close to home. How did that work?

  10. #10
    Active Bear
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Posts
    423
    No clue on Romeo but Slocum has a great resaon for her transfer, family illness, so bet it's waived for her.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    I don't remember Romeo sitting out a year, and she didn't transfer close to home. How did that work?
    Her coach at Nebraska was fired. I think that's determined to be special circumstances and sitting out a year is waived. School also released Mi'Cole Cayton from her signed LOI.

  12. #12
    Active Bear
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Posts
    423
    New story says family illness not a reason for transfer. Just about all of the All Big 10 frosh team is transferring.

  13. #13
    Real Bear
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    outside your window
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbk View Post
    New story says family illness not a reason for transfer. Just about all of the All Big 10 frosh team is transferring.
    It says that she didn't feel like the fit was right
    I suspect that she will end up in the PAC 12 if it
    was a matter of geography

  14. #14
    Or she could go to Boise State. All Pac 12 schools play WSU and Utah so her family couldn't be too far away.

  15. #15
    It depended on where in Idaho she is from. If she if from Pocatello (where Idaho State is located), it is a 2 hour drive from Utah State and 3 hour drive from Utah and 18 hour drive from Cal. If she is from Mosco (where University of Idaho is located), it is 1/2 hour drive from Washington State, 5 hour drive from Washington and 20 hour drive from Cal. If she is from Boise (where Boise State is located), it is around 5 hour drive to Oregon and Oregon State and around a 12 hour drive to Cal.

    Go Bears!
    Last edited by calbear80; 04-05-2017 at 10:50 PM.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •