Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Freshman PG Destiny Slocum transferring from Maryland to be closer to home (Idaho)

True Blue Golden Bear
    Bio says Meridian, Idaho

Closest school is Boise st. Second is Utah st then Oregon st or BYU. Cal is just as close as Washington.

Washington state is closer than Oregon. Maybe closer than Utah State. And Utah would probably be closer than Oregon.

Meridian is a suburb of Boise.

Washington state is a bit closer than Utah state. However we are talking air miles. If one had to actually drive then Utah State actually is connected via a freeway as opposed to having to drive back roads to get to Wash St.. But if she were to chose Utah State she might as well go to Boise St. Utah is a bit farther than Utah St. but again is still on a main highway and would actually be the easiest driving for any Pac 12 school.

I have been in Logan Utah many times. Salt Laske City is only about an hour away. and then you are at University of Utah.

The latest is that it had nothing to do with homesickness, just a bad fit

I'm guessing UCLA. Jordin Canada graduates just as Slocum becomes eligible ...

Utah or Colorado would also be good fits ... Washington State has an outside chance, I'd think.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

Clay - As long as your thinking Destiny - What's your guess for Destiny Littleton?
    Last edited by Vineyardview; 04-08-2017 at 07:20 PM.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    I'm guessing UCLA. Jordin Canada graduates just as Slocum becomes eligible ...

Utah or Colorado would also be good fits ... Washington State has an outside chance, I'd think.
    Why wouldn't she be a good fit at Cal? Is it that 'culture' again?

Well, she just followed Reuck on twitter...

Slocum would be a good fit at Cal, but given she can pick and choose, why would she prefer Cal to UCLA, say? I would think she'd go somewhere she thinks she can win, and I've heard one of her goals is to get to the Final Four. Granted, Cal has been there recently, but if you were going to pick a few West Coast schools with a good chance to get to the Final Four, I don't think Cal would be on the list.

Even so, I'm sure LG and staff are reaching out, and it would be a great get.

Slocum will transfer to Oregon State. Here is her twitter link

https://twitter.com/DestinySlocum24

That's a big deal for Scott Rueck and Oregon State, as they've been winning with less-than-elite recruits (good players, but national-level stars). If Rueck starts to get talent at Slocum's level, and can coach that kind of player, watch out ...

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    That's a big deal for Scott Rueck and Oregon State, as they've been winning with less-than-elite recruits (good players, but national-level stars). If Rueck starts to get talent at Slocum's level, and can coach that kind of player, watch out ...
    Considering that OSU finished 2nd(t), 1st, 1st(t), 1st, this is not good news. Cal is really going to have to step up next year. We will probably be picked 7th in the Pac-12 Coaches Poll starting out.