Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Freshman PG Destiny Slocum transferring from Maryland to be closer to home (Idaho)

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    That's a big deal for Scott Rueck and Oregon State, as they've been winning with less-than-elite recruits (good players, but national-level stars). If Rueck starts to get talent at Slocum's level, and can coach that kind of player, watch out ...
    I think my Bruins would've loved to've reeled her in, but no dice. Very nice signing for Rueck!

Rueck is a nice coach he landed a hell of a player...her freshmen year at Maryland didn't look like rookie year, she was good!

Get better Pac-12, Love it

Quote Originally Posted by 85 Fly View Post
    Rueck is a nice coach he landed a hell of a player...her freshmen year at Maryland didn't look like rookie year, she was good!
    First half decent recruit Rueck has landed since his Assistant Campbell left for Oregon to coach with Graves. Campbell recruited most of OSU's recent success

The girl from Miramonte we know about had a bigger year just to compare the two.

Destiny's biggest issue is she is prone to be a turnover machine at times.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    First half decent recruit Rueck has landed since his Assistant Campbell left for Oregon to coach with Graves. Campbell recruited most of OSU's recent success

The girl from Miramonte we know about had a bigger year just to compare the two.

Destiny's biggest issue is she is prone to be a turnover machine at times.
    I think Slocum had a higher FG% and I'd be surprised if Ionescu didn't have more TO's, actually.

Another note is that Oregon State's verbal from the 6'9" post Aquino in NJ just shot up to #6 overall in the class for 2018: http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl...s/_/class/2018

Good questions, so I thought I'd look ...

Playing on a more talented team, Slocum played 35 minutes fewer than Ionescu for the season.

Slocum's big advantages: 40.5% overall shooting percentage to Ionescu's 39.0%, and 204 assists to 183

Otherwise: Three-point % -- Ionescu 42.0, Slocum 37.4
    Free throw % -- Ionescu 82.5, Slocum 66.3
    Turnovers -- Ionescu 95, Slocum 106
    Rebounds -- Ionescu 6.6, Slocum 3.0
    Points -- Ionescu 14.6, Slocum 11.5

Of course, lots has to do with roles on the team, etc., but they played almost the same number of minutes.

Off of their freshman years, I'd take Sabrina.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    Good questions, so I thought I'd look ...

Playing on a more talented team, Slocum played 35 minutes fewer than Ionescu for the season.

Slocum's big advantages: 40.5% overall shooting percentage to Ionescu's 39.0%, and 204 assists to 183

Otherwise: Three-point % -- Ionescu 42.0, Slocum 37.4
    Free throw % -- Ionescu 82.5, Slocum 66.3
    Turnovers -- Ionescu 95, Slocum 106
    Rebounds -- Ionescu 6.6, Slocum 3.0
    Points -- Ionescu 14.6, Slocum 11.5

Of course, lots has to do with roles on the team, etc., but they played almost the same number of minutes.

Off of their freshman years, I'd take Sabrina.
    I agree with Clay. But also add that Ionescu played a lot of her minutes with freshman and sophomores on the court. No Jones or Walker-Kimbrough on Oregon to make Ionescu look good.

Quote Originally Posted by iminoc View Post
    I agree with Clay. But also add that Ionescu played a lot of her minutes with freshman and sophomores on the court. No Jones or Walker-Kimbrough on Oregon to make Ionescu look good.
    What about double double and triple double comparisons? I know triple doubles are as hard as hell for any upper class men let alone an under class men.
    Last edited by GOLDEN; 05-08-2017 at 08:39 PM.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    What about double double and triple double comparisons? I know triple doubles are as hard as hell for any upper class men let alone an under class men.
    Got to take into consideration conference play too. Pac-12 was rated the #1 toughest conference & the big ten #6.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Women.html

Slocum is a good player but Ionescu is a force. Stats do not tell the whole story.