Thread: Asks BearBloke: Guess who's been invited to the Mystics' training camp?

Asks BearBloke: Guess who's been invited to the Mystics' training camp?

http://www.calbears.com/news/2017/4/...ba-invite.aspx

Interesting. When she's in good health and moving well, Range is just the sort of tall generalist that the W likes.

She really deserves this opportunity. Great news! Thanks.

Yes that was really great to hear. Coach G made the announcement at the banquet last night along with the news that K. C. Waters has signed with an agent and is looking to play overseas next year.
    All thenbest to our two seniors.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigshadetree View Post
    Yes that was really great to hear. Coach G made the announcement at the banquet last night along with the news that K. C. Waters has signed with an agent and is looking to play overseas next year.
    All thenbest to our two seniors.
    Good to hear both will try to extend theit career
    Surprise about KC though. Thought she was going to be a 5th year graduate transfer.

Too bad Courtney didn't play the three her entire college career, and of course, didn't hurt her knee. WNBA cuts are filled with 3/4 kids who can't shoot from the perimeter and can't defend in space. I thought Courtney had a chance to be a tall three in the W, but I don't know if she does now.

But she will play overseas if she wants to, and get a chance to add the skills she needs (and get healthy).

As for KC, that's a surprise. I can't see her market value being very high ... she needed at least one good college season as a selling point.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

Courtney's height trumped her hoops versatility while at Cal. At 6'3" she was needed to bolster the Bears' rebounding and interior defense as their three interior stalwarts from the Final four team graduated. As a consequence, Courtney's ball handling, perimeter marksmanship and playmaking ability were underutilized at Cal. I hope she gets the chance to display all her skills and talent in the WNBA.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by puget sound cal fan View Post
    Courtney's height trumped her hoops versatility while at Cal. At 6'3" she was needed to bolster the Bears' rebounding and interior defense as their three interior stalwarts from the Final four team graduated. As a consequence, Courtney's ball handling, perimeter marksmanship and playmaking ability were underutilized at Cal. I hope she gets the chance to display all her skills and talent in the WNBA.
    IMO, for her height she was not a good rebounder. Doesn't jump well and doesn't have good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    IMO, for her height she was not a good rebounder. Doesn't jump well and doesn't have good hands.
    Courtney was one hell of a rebounder as a freshman. That injury really did her in.