Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aquira Decosta's final 5 schools (hint exciting news)

True Blue Golden Bear

Aquira Decosta's final 5 schools (hint exciting news)

..and Cal is on list! Didn't she drop us off the list at one time? Wonder with Forbes on the Calstars now if that influenced her decision.
    Last edited by OBear073akaSMFan; 04-23-2017 at 10:33 PM.

What an awesome surprise!

That is exciting news! Thank you.

You might be right about the Forbes connection. Plus, I'm sure it doesn't hurt to have her former teammate, Mi'Cole Cayton, already here.
    Last edited by SFCALBear72; 04-24-2017 at 06:45 AM.

those are powerhouse teams now (at least after the recent NC)
    none are out west except us
    hope she wants to come to Cali
    I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

correct-Cal is only Pac 12 team on her list! I saw DeCosta play in person and she is not tall (6-2) but super athletic and a quick jumper. She can also run the floor exceptionally well. Acquira would probably play PF and can press or trap on defense effectively. GO BEARS!

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    correct-Cal is only Pac 12 team on her list! I saw DeCosta play in person and she is not tall (6-2) but super athletic and a quick jumper. She can also run the floor exceptionally well. Acquira would probably play PF and can press or trap on defense effectively. GO BEARS!
    How would DeCosta compare to Gennifer Brandon, who we used to great effect?

I think DeCosta is shorter and stronger. And has a much better game around the hoop. It has been said that she plays small forward for her club team and that is what she wants to play in college. I'm told she can shoot the three but I have never witnessed it and I have seen her play several times including this year. On the other hand, Courtney played a long shooting four and handled the ball so a four can be a hybrid. witness Draymond Green.

True Blue Golden Bear
    with Mariya leaving Louisville..perhaps that would eliminate them . Nothing like having friends there to keep you from getting home sick .

According to ESPN's Hoopgurlz, Forbes has "verballed to Cal." Is this true (and, if so, how did I miss it!?!)? Anyway, I like the idea of DeCosta as a female Draymond G., especially if she commits to the right team.

Loyal Bear
    Great news! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BearBint View Post
    According to ESPN's Hoopgurlz, Forbes has "verballed to Cal." Is this true (and, if so, how did I miss it!?!)? Anyway, I like the idea of DeCosta as a female Draymond G., especially if she commits to the right team.
    http://bearinsider.com/forums/showth...ghlight=forbes

Thanks. I was still in post-11/8 depression then. But I'm glad McK F. wants to be a Bear.

Honestly, I have no idea where SC and Cal came from for her, not in her final 9... yes 9... and then not in her final 6. Just doesnt make sense to me. Why incrementally cut down your list on twitter when it was in fact not cut down at all? (yes, it started as a top 20) Are you guys even sure Cal has offered? You assume its a given looking at her ranking but thats not how recruiting works, someone crosses you off their list and you move on to next one that has you on their list.

Quote Originally Posted by ricehntr5 View Post
    Honestly, I have no idea where SC and Cal came from for her, not in her final 9... yes 9... and then not in her final 6. Just doesnt make sense to me. Why incrementally cut down your list on twitter when it was in fact not cut down at all? (yes, it started as a top 20) Are you guys even sure Cal has offered? You assume its a given looking at her ranking but thats not how recruiting works, someone crosses you off their list and you move on to next one that has you on their list.
    Why does it matter about her top 9 or top 6?? Things change. Recruiting is quite fluid. Cal is in her Top 5. That's the real story and a great one at that. Oh, by the way, South Carolina (SC) just won the National Championship.

oh they did? I had no idea.. -_-

I get recruiting is fluid, I get things change.. but from the standpoint of a recruit, what does that say to schools/coaches about my word? All I'm saying is, if you're not ready to cut people out of the loop (and to do it publicly) then dont. Again, are you sure Cal has offered??