Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by LOUMFSG2 View Post
    I don't know if Bell, Brooks and/or Dorsey have hired an agent, and if not, they could still come back
    Thanks, Lou!!!

Chris Boucher - GRAD
    Dylan Ennis - GRAD
    Jordan Bell - EARLY
    Dillon Brooks - EARLY
    Tyler Dorsey - EARLY
    Casey Benson - TRANSFER
    Kavell Bigby-Williams - TRANSFER

So, any reason why Benson and Bigby-Williams would transfer????
    I guess Pritchard's play pushed Benson as a backup - oh yeah, and his bro or someone close is a coach at Grand Canyon was it?
    But why KBW?
    Last edited by concordtom; 04-26-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Chris Boucher
    Dylan Ennis
    Jordan Bell
    Dillon Brooks
    Tyler Dorsey
    Casey Benson
    Kavell Bigby-Williams

I don't know if Bell, Brooks and/or Dorsey have hired an agent, and if not, they could still come back
    It's my understanding that Bell, Brooks and Dorsey have all said they intend to hire an agent.

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    Thanks, Lou!!!

Chris Boucher - GRAD
    Dylan Ennis - GRAD
    Jordan Bell - EARLY
    Dillon Brooks - EARLY
    Tyler Dorsey - EARLY
    Casey Benson - TRANSFER

I guess Pritchard's play pushed Benson as a backup - oh yeah, and his bro or someone close is a coach at Grand Canyon was it?
    But why KBW?
    I wonder if McCoy choosing UNLV changes KBW's thinking (or was the xfer announced after McCoy's decision?

Quote Originally Posted by BeachedBear View Post
    I'm more of a life-in-balance type of guy. I'll take one Lonzo Ball, one Ivan Rabb, 4 Jorges, 3 Kravishes, 2 Theos and a Markuri Sanders Frison, please.
    I will be ordering "Cal a la carte":

1 Jason Kidd
    1 Kevin Johnson or Jerome Randle
    2 Jorges
    1 Theo
    1 Crabbe (not cracked)
    1 Ivan Rabbe
    1 Leon Powe
    1 Ryan Anderson
    1 Marcus Lee

Lots of other things on the menu I'd like to try. Maybe I'll come back again tomorrow.

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Big C_Cal View Post

1 Jason Kidd
    2 Jorges
    1 Theo
    1 Crabbe (not cracked)
    1 Ivan Rabbe
    1 Leon Powe
    1 Ryan Anderson
    1 Marcus Lee
    Yes. This would be so awesome.

I wonder if McCoy choosing UNLV changes KBW's thinking (or was the xfer announced after McCoy's decision?
    Supposedly, KBW asked for his release to "explore his options." Maybe ends up staying with McCoy choosing UNLV.

Quote Originally Posted by tsubamoto2001 View Post
    Supposedly, KBW asked for his release to "explore his options." Maybe ends up staying with McCoy choosing UNLV.
    Makes sense, thanks.

Did you forget one POY forward (in his freshmen year)?

1 Jason Kidd
    2 Jorges
    1 Theo
    1 Crabbe (not cracked)
    1 Ivan Rabbe
    1 Leon Powe
    1 Ryan Anderson
    1 Marcus Lee

Lots of other things on the menu I'd like to try. Maybe I'll come back again tomorrow.
    I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreams View Post
    Did you forget one POY forward (in his freshmen year)?
    No, I did not. I've never been a huge SA-R fan. Okay, that's anathema to many, but this is sports-and-games and I get to have a quirky opinion. His performance at Cal was amazing, for sure, but then he came up small as we lost in the 1st round of the tournament and immediately moved on to the NBA, where he -- with his "soft" game -- then proceeded to run up decent numbers on a progression of, largely, mediocre teams.

I will readily admit that he gets mega-points for coming back and graduating, especially since he had so far to go when he came back, and he was already "minted".

As far as his impact while at Cal, he reminds me so much of Jaylen Brown (here for six months, didn't leave a huge footprint)... amazing that they both went to the same high school (in Georgia, of all places).

But, no, he's not on any "all-Cal" teams of mine, except for an All-Freshman Year team. Fire away, anybody, if you want. This is like sports talk over a pitcher of beer: That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

(The "a la carte team" I ordered above was a totally off-the-cuff collection of recent players who might make up a good team together. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gone with 2 Jorges, or even one Theo. Heck, Marcus Lee hasn't even played one minute for us yet.)
    Last edited by Big C_Cal; 04-26-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Thanks, Lou!!!

Chris Boucher - GRAD
    Dylan Ennis - GRAD
    Jordan Bell - EARLY
    Dillon Brooks - EARLY
    Tyler Dorsey - EARLY
    Casey Benson - TRANSFER

But why KBW?
    When your average player is 22, you are going to have a lot leave at the end of the year. Geez, Dylan Ennis' YOUNGER brother will be in his third NBA season next year.

No, I did not. I've never been a huge SA-R fan. Okay, that's anathema to many, but this is sports-and-games and I get to have a quirky opinion. His performance at Cal was amazing, for sure, but then he came up small as we lost in the 1st round of the tournament and immediately moved on to the NBA, where he -- with his "soft" game -- then proceeded to run up decent numbers on a progression of, largely, mediocre teams.

I will readily admit that he gets mega-points for coming back and graduating, especially since he had so far to go when he came back, and he was already "minted".

As far as his impact while at Cal, he reminds me so much of Jaylen Brown (here for six months, didn't leave a huge footprint)... amazing that they both went to the same high school (in Georgia, of all places).

But, no, he's not on any "all-Cal" teams of mine, except for an All-Freshman Year team. Fire away, anybody, if you want. This is like sports talk over a pitcher of beer: That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

(The "a la carte team" I ordered above was a totally off-the-cuff collection of recent players who might make up a good team together. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gone with 2 Jorges, or even one Theo. Heck, Marcus Lee hasn't even played one minute for us yet.)
    Okay, Big C, you asked for it.

Well aren't just about the stupidest, most pig headed, brazen, sexist, attention getting idiot on all of bearinsider, with the worst views, the worst posts, and the smelliest feet. I don't believe anything you say because you have absolutely no credibility. You have moved onto Olberman's list of Worst People In The World! I can't believe they let you into Cal! Clearly, character evaluations are not part of the application process! Please go back to wherever it was that you came from and don't bother us sane people here any longer.

There. Now where's my beer?

By the way, I'll buy this round for throwing out the Marcus Lee name on your list. I'm a big fan, and haven't seen him play yet, either!
    Last edited by concordtom; 04-26-2017 at 04:51 PM.

So the fact that he was cal's number 2 all time best player doesn't even earn him an HM?

I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreams View Post
    So the fact that he was cal's number 2 all time best player doesn't even earn him an HM?
    I didn't include HMs.

SA-R: Had one amazing freshman season at Cal, but not one of my fav players. Didn't know that the assertion that he is "cal's number 2 all time best player" is a fact. Great player, sure, but if you blinked you might've missed his short stay here and I don't see much of a legacy. If you're a one-n-done here and want love from me, at least take us into the second weekend in the NCAA Tourney.

Okay, Big C, you asked for it.

Well aren't just about the stupidest, most pig headed, brazen, sexist, attention getting idiot on all of bearinsider, with the worst views, the worst posts, and the smelliest feet. I don't believe anything you say because you have absolutely no credibility. You have moved onto Olberman's list of Worst People In The World! I can't believe they let you into Cal! Clearly, character evaluations are not part of the application process! Please go back to wherever it was that you came from and don't bother us sane people here any longer.

There. Now where's my beer?

By the way, I'll buy this round for throwing out the Marcus Lee name on your list. I'm a big fan, and haven't seen him play yet, either!
    I will PM you a beer. Watch your in-box.

Before kids, the hours before and after Cal basketball games were usually FILLED with beers for me!

I will PM you a beer. Watch your in-box.

Before kids, the hours before and after Cal basketball games were usually FILLED with beers for me!
    Thanks, but don't bother. My inbox is full, and won't accept a beer in any case.
    lol.
    Yeah, beers are a distant memory for the most part.
    If I have a beer now, the kids start looking at me to see if I'm drunk.
    They've heard how it works.
    If I explain, "no, it takes several", they'll be getting ideas for themselves. So, better to just not go there.
    And let's face it, I couldn't put 'em down at all like in the old days. How on earth did I do that? Yikes.

But next time I see you around, we'll do it up, Big C!
    You know we'll have a good time then.