Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At what point do we Kevin Bacon from Animal House???!!

Quote Originally Posted by wifeisafurd View Post
    Kenney was a tortured, brilliant sole. His work in AH and Caddyshack certainly impacted my generation. You are all on double secret probation btw.
    You're some years ahead of me, and these films came out when I was old enough to watch them right away (my parents took me to AH as a 14 year old, still can't believe that). What do you mean they "impacted" your generation? They are just funny and oft-quoted, no real impact that I can gather. Please explain, or share your experience.

Okay, AH came out in '78.
    I'd have been 10.
    Maybe it was another film they took me to. The Wall?
    My step-mother was disgusted at the "mother judge" song near the end.

Yes, The Wall, 1982... 14. My brother (16 and very rebellious) LOOOOVED it. My step mom was sorry she agreed with my dad to do that with us boys.
    Last edited by concordtom; 06-10-2017 at 05:53 PM.

True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    Out here on the perimeter there are no stars Out here we is stoned – immaculate. J. Morrison

The first song I played on my brand new stereo from long gone Pacific Stereo...

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    You're some years ahead of me, and these films came out when I was old enough to watch them right away (my parents took me to AH as a 14 year old, still can't believe that). What do you mean they "impacted" your generation? They are just funny and oft-quoted, no real impact that I can gather. Please explain, or share your experience.
    We oldies quote lines from both movies all the time, and the Judge and I (and many others) share a horrible addiction to golf. Moreover, life has never been the same since the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    Out here on the perimeter there are no stars Out here we is stoned – immaculate. J. Morrison
    Quote Originally Posted by SRBear View Post
    The first song I played on my brand new stereo from long gone Pacific Stereo...
    The first record I asked my parents to buy for me. It was a single (45rpm). I was 7 years old:
    https://youtu.be/0rEsVp5tiDQ

listening to PF on youtube right now... concert that I attended actually at the Oakland Alameda County Coliseum Arena on 5-9-77. Wish you were here is on right now..... one of my all-time favorite shows and bands...

I saw them 2 years earlier, on 5/12/75, at the Cow Palace....I will never forget the encore "Echoes" .....but they also played "Money" that day...here is the tape of that very concert....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6r1Y_rsdkk....if you are a Floyd fan and have 2 hours available, I highly recommend this....it is etched in my memory forever....

BTW...your Oakland Concert is here.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DosQVZbySY0....enjoy...
    Last edited by bearmanpg; 06-11-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Saw AH in a theater as a Cal freshman. Saw the first Star Wars and Star Trek the same way. Saw Saturday Night Live in high school. Boy, I'm old. I quote more lines from AH and Caddyshack than from any other movie.

By the way, in response to the OP's original question, getting McNeill, which seems to be imminent, probably quells the need to panic, at least in terms of having Division I quality players available to play all the positions. Next year will still be a wild ride, as Jones has to put a lot of new pieces together in a short time, all while installing a new system. But given where he started from, the quality of the roster is much better than any of us would have expected two months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff82 View Post
    Saw AH in a theater as a Cal freshman. Saw the first Star Wars and Star Trek the same way. Saw Saturday Night Live in high school. Boy, I'm old. I quote more lines from AH and Caddyshack than from any other movie.
    What,no Top Gun? Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash.

I saw it, just don't remember if it was in a theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Civil Bear View Post
    What,no Top Gun? Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash.
    If you want a trump card, I've actually ridden in an FA-18 Hornet with a member of the Blue Angels. Far better than the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff82 View Post
    If you want a trump card, I've actually ridden in an FA-18 Hornet with a member of the Blue Angels. Far better than the movie.

Now that is baad aaazzzzzz.....I am thoroughly jealous of you forever....I have dreamed of doing that but of course, at 6'6", I probably wouldn't fit.....

Nice! Getting cattled around in a CH-46 Sea Knight is the extent of my up close military aircraft experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bearmanpg View Post
    Now that is baad aaazzzzzz.....I am thoroughly jealous of you forever....I have dreamed of doing that but of course, at 6'6", I probably wouldn't fit.....
    Actually depends on your sitting height, i.e. long legs and shorter length from your rear to the top of your head would/could work. Don't want your head to lead its way thru the canopy when ejecting! The ejection seat used to (presumably still does) have a metal 'beam' to break thru the canopy if for some reason it does not blow off prior to the ejection seat firing.