18. Brianna Juniel 5-foot-9 G Christian Brothers/JBS Adidas Gauntlet I
    19. Jordan Sweeney 5-foot-8 G Heritage/Cal Stars 15U Nike Elite
    20. Mele Finau 5-foot-10 SF Dublin/Cal Stars Nike Elite
    21. Nicole Young 5-foot-7 PG St. Mary's, Stockton/Cal Stars Nike Elite
    22. Hanna Beckman 6-foot-1 F Folsom/Team Taurasi
    23. Avery Cargill 5-foot-6 PG Cardinal Newman/Cal Storm Bay Area
    24. Jada Holland 5-foot-5 PG Bishop O'Dowd/EBX Black I
    25. Nyah Willis 5-foot-10 W Valley Christian, San Jose

Curious who holds Cal offers besides Haley Jones. Funny to see 6'4" Ila Lane only #11 here while still ranked #31 nationally by PN.

Quote Originally Posted by kat0189 View Post
    Funny to see 6'4" Ila Lane only #11 here while still ranked #31 nationally by PN.
    I thought she was too high at #11 here.. having seen both her and Angel Jackson play, there's no way in my mind that they should both be 4 stars. Angel is way better then Ila at this time. Head-to-head angel would dominate, and she has improved way more since the start of hs. I saw Ila play in 7th/8th grade and have been unimpressed with her improvement since.

The one kid I feel is underrated is Klara Astrom from Pinewood. I think she is closer to her teammate, Hannah Jump, than the 2 stars that separates them in this ranking.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by ricehntr5 View Post
    I thought she was too high at #11 here.. having seen both her and Angel Jackson play, there's no way in my mind that they should both be 4 stars. Angel is way better then Ila at this time. Head-to-head angel would dominate, and she has improved way more since the start of hs. I saw Ila play in 7th/8th grade and have been unimpressed with her improvement since.
    How would you compare those Angel and Ila to the more recently verbal, Shaylee Harris? I realize diff year but based on their play this year? Who would you consider more upside?

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    How would you compare those Angel and Ila to the more recently verbal, Shaylee Harris? I realize diff year but based on their play this year? Who would you consider more upside?
    To be honest, I have not seen Harris play much. Maybe once/twice for JBS last summer but not at all this high school season. I think the hs season is definitely important in evaluating a player due to scouting reports and game plans, and how top players adjust/react to being the subject of another teams plans. Because I haven't been able to see her improvement (or lack of), its hard to comment on her upside. According to maxpreps, it seemed as though she played second/third fiddle to the other bigs on her oak ridge team. This could be for a number of reasons, and maybe being a transfer played a part of that, but I don't know. The one thing that stuck out to me was her FT%, maxpreps has it at 32%. I hope to see Oak Ridge play a challenging schedule next year, and hopefully I will get to see them play a few times. They should be a high ranked team with preseason hopes of the open division, so time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by ricehntr5 View Post

The one kid I feel is underrated is Klara Astrom from Pinewood. I think she is closer to her teammate, Hannah Jump, than the 2 stars that separates them in this ranking.
    I was surprised to see posts Bamberger and Bryant ahead of Angel since I only recently encountered their names.

Another name to watch for is that of a very athletic 6'3" player in Fresno for 2019 with Louisville and Michigan offers, Ramani Parker.

Yea do you know anything about Bryant?? Never seen her play.

Have seen Ramani Parker and can confirm she's VERY athletic.. obviously I'm not sure if she can, but she seems like the type that could dunk a tennis ball

I assume Bamberger is kin to Eric Bamberger a wonderful men's center from out there and a player for St. Mary's college. Maybe he is her father.

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    I assume Bamberger is kin to Eric Bamberger a wonderful men's center from out there and a player for St. Mary's college. Maybe he is her father.
    As far as I know, that is the case. I believe I have seen him on the sidelines with cal stars also