Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting 2018

Real Bear

Recruiting 2018

Top target: Jordan Brown.
    Who else do we realistically have a shot at? With Walker on board, we have offered a bunch of Texas guys and it seems like we might have a chance with some of them.

I think we will probably do pretty well in 2018. Wyking and company have gotten things going fairly well this year and I think that just improves next year.

I have heard that Warren Washington is close to a decision. I have seen that people think he is coming here. Who knows. He would certainly add needed height in the class.

Brandon Williams? He is a PG from California, but not sure if we are on his list.

Real Bear
    I hope we are recruiting Tolu Jacobs Yaffa. Big out of Sac. If only for the name.

Quote Originally Posted by parentswerebears View Post
    I hope we are recruiting Tolu Jacobs Yaffa. Big out of Sac. If only for the name.
    Yes, he's being recruited and he's interested.

Noticed that Pasternack HC of UCSB just offered Tolo Jacobs Yaffa a scholarship. Currently he is a very big guy that is trying hard to develop Div 1 BB skills.

Yeah, he's fairly similar to Okoroh as a recruit, with maybe more offensive upside.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    Yeah, he's fairly similar to Okoroh as a recruit, with maybe more offensive upside.
    I like him, but Cal would need to add some offensive minded front court players and wings if they can get a commitment from him.

How would Jordan Brown work at the Power Forward and Gerald Liddell at Shooting Forward work next to Yaffa?

Would that satisfy the Bear Fans?

I think that just might be satisfactory.

Put Washington in that mix, too.

Brown/Liddell would likely be better than Rabb/Brown.

Odds? Very low...

Real Bear
    We have a shot with Liddel?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn91 View Post
    Brown/Liddell would likely be better than Rabb/Brown.

Odds? Very low...
    Rabb and Brown were consensus Top 5-10 players in their class. Liddell is currently ranked in the 20's.

what the heck was I smoking - that line up just would not suffice

Tsubamoto...rankings aside, Brown wasn't transformational and didn't play like a top 5 recruit. He was good, don't get me wrong. Liddell has decent chance of matching Brown's impact.

Rabb's recruiting ranking far exceeded his ability and contribution. Again, he was good but definitely not transformational. Jordan Brown has a very good chance of being better.