Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Boley, Notre Dame transfer picks a Pac-12 school

Erin Boley, Notre Dame transfer picks a Pac-12 school

Former 2016 Gatorade POY transfers to Oregon.

http://www.dailyemerald.com/2017/05/...ks-ducks-trans

True Blue Golden Bear
    She was also looking at Stanford and Vanderbilt. Guess schooling wasn't as important.

Looks like SI actually recruited her or was a big influence.

http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/3...boley.html.csp

The days of Cal defeating Oregon are over...Gottlieb cannot recruit with the "bigtime coaches"! Heck-she cannot even beat out USC or Oregon which are not bigtime programs, yet.

Why did she commit & attend ND if Oregon is so wonderful?

Another transfer player shopping around for a better deal. This practice, which has become standard operating procedure for players is going to destroy college basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear19 View Post

Another transfer player shopping around for a better deal. This practice, which has become standard operating procedure for players is going to destroy college basketball.
    Differences between the sexes. Women athletes must change their minds and transfer at a much higher ratio. You See it in WBB and softball quite a bit. Women athletes must be into more of the feel and interaction with team mates off the court and field than what guys do. Get their feelings hurt once and they hold a weird grudge, while guys just move on and forget it the next day. Not saying that is the case here.

But there is not a team out there that lost players or gained some from season to season.

Or maybe ND wasn't the right fit. Oregon is also on the rise.

I forsee a transfer or two from Oregon though.

They have Hebard locked in at the post. She's a guarentee starter barring injury. Ionescu and Carzola should start in the back court.

Mallory McGwire, started 24 games as a freshman, will be a junior when Boley becomes eligible.
    Sierra Campisano, also from c/o 2016, #14 HG, didn't play too much (8 min/game), but could improve, or maybe she transfers.
    Oti Gildon, 6'1, will be a senior in 2018-2019, was a solid 3rd post/rotation player, can't see how as a senior, won't get a decent amount of playing time.

They got a commit from Germany, 6'4 Satou Sabally, described as a wing/forward, so basically a 3/4. Graves raves about her, saying she would easily be a Top player in the 2017 class. Invited to play in Jordan Brand game. If she's as good as Graves think she is, potential starter as a sophomore. Her younger sister, a 2018 post also committed.

I can't see Boley transferring and coming off the bench. Does Sabally or McGwire not start? Will be interesting.

Of course, theres always injuries, transfers, etc

Quote Originally Posted by bearinsocal View Post
    Or maybe ND wasn't the right fit. Oregon is also on the rise.

I forsee a transfer or two from Oregon though.

They have Hebard locked in at the post. She's a guarentee starter barring injury. Ionescu and Carzola should start in the back court.

Mallory McGwire, started 24 games as a freshman, will be a junior when Boley becomes eligible.
    Sierra Campisano, also from c/o 2016, #14 HG, didn't play too much (8 min/game), but could improve, or maybe she transfers.
    Oti Gildon, 6'1, will be a senior in 2018-2019, was a solid 3rd post/rotation player, can't see how as a senior, won't get a decent amount of playing time.

They got a commit from Germany, 6'4 Satou Sabally, described as a wing/forward, so basically a 3/4. Graves raves about her, saying she would easily be a Top player in the 2017 class. Invited to play in Jordan Brand game. If she's as good as Graves think she is, potential starter as a sophomore. Her younger sister, a 2018 post also committed.

I can't see Boley transferring and coming off the bench. Does Sabally or McGwire not start? Will be interesting.

Of course, theres always injuries, transfers, etc
    They have five Gatorade State players of the year currently on their roster or soon to be.

R. Hebard Alaska POY

S. Ionescu California POY, National POY

M. Mcgwire Nevada POY

E. Boley Kentucky POY , National POY

J. Hall Colorado POY
    Last edited by GOLDEN; 05-30-2017 at 09:37 PM.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    They have five Gatorade State players of the year currently on their roster or soon to be.

R. Hebard Alaska POY

S. Ionescu California POY, National POY

M. Mcgwire Nevada POY

E. Boley Kentucky POY , National POY

J. Hall Colorado POY
    were Boley and I.S the same graduating year? If yes, was it a tie for National POY or was I.S. just McDonald's Player of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    were Boley and I.S the same graduating year? If yes, was it a tie for National POY or was I.S. just McDonald's Player of the game?
    There are a few POY awards, I think Ionescu, Boley, Dangerfield and Cox each won one. Megan Walker won most this year, though Evina Westbrook did get one (Wooden?!?). Other years, you usually have a consensus #1 player (Stewert, Moore, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Bear19 View Post

And how, exactly, will it destroy college basketball? The transfer rate for men is about twice that of the women, and men's college basketball is doing pretty well.

But even so, how does it hurt? The kids who transfer generally aren't playing, so it doesn't damage the teams they leave that much.

I confess I just don't get this reflexive distaste for transfers. Why shouldn't a young person go to a different school if they're not happy? What's wrong with it? I went to UCSB back in the dark ages, and a lot of kids transferred after a year or two because they wanted to be closer to a city. I didn't take that as some kind of moral failing, just a decision made to make life better.

Sure, sometimes transferring is a bad idea. Sometimes it's a good idea -- and who are we to say which is the case for a young woman in her late teens or early 20s?
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by bearinsocal View Post
    There are a few POY awards, I think Ionescu, Boley, Dangerfield and Cox each won one. Megan Walker won most this year, though Evina Westbrook did get one (Wooden?!?). Other years, you usually have a consensus #1 player (Stewert, Moore, etc).
    ..but there would be only one Gatorade Player of the year which was the subject of the list. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    She was also looking at Stanford and Vanderbilt. Guess schooling wasn't as important.
    Yeah, no one ever graduates from Oregon and has a successful, non-sports career. Imagine their alumni donations if they were a good school, and people had great jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by mbBear View Post
    Yeah, no one ever graduates from Oregon and has a successful, non-sports career. Imagine their alumni donations if they were a good school, and people had great jobs.
    Some guy two years ago donated 17 million for a new softball field that rivals SEC stadiums and I think he did it with a business degree and got into lumber.

Another guy quit Oregon and never graduated and started an insurance company and sold it for 400 million and built thema new baseball stadium. Then some tennis shoe guy did some other things.
    Last edited by GOLDEN; 05-31-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post

Sure, sometimes transferring is a bad idea. Sometimes it's a good idea -- and who are we to say which is the case for a young woman in her late teens or early 20s?
    Who are we to say if it's a good idea or a bad idea? That's very simple. ----It's a bad idea if the player is transferring from your team .: and a good idea if they are transferring to your team