Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Erin Boley, Notre Dame transfer picks a Pac-12 school

Quote Originally Posted by CalWBBFan View Post
    Unreal....This post is shameful. She chose a school based on what she wanted for herself and it's none our business as to why. The challenge to getting a good education anywhere is to apply yourself in the classroom....whether at community college or one of the finest public (or private) schools in the land. This constant trashing of another institution reflects poorly only on the individual casting aspersions.

There are fine professors at every level (yes, even community college) and if a student engages with them it doesn't matter if they're at Oregon, Washington, Cal, Stanford, etc. The key is wanting to learn and using the resources at hand to do so. If a student is comfortable at her school the more likely she is to apply herself. There are people who graduated from all sorts of institutions who are at the top of their respective fields. This post is shameful.

Supporting Cal programs does not require bashing others. We should all be happy that the Pac-12 has become such a competitive conference, arguably the best in the land.
    Add embarrassing and classless to shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    This is one of the worst posts I've ever read on this board -- insulting, demeaning and wrong.

It has been pointed out to me that recruits read this board. So what would you think if you were a parent or prospective player and read this kind of garbage? Would you want to join Shocky as an alum? Would you want to be part of his club?

It is more than sad that Shocky insults people he does not know, and parades his ignorance about other universities. It degrades this board, and the University of California as well, and if Sabrina Ionescu had ever thought about transferring closer to home, I would guess it's pretty much guaranteed it won't happen now.

If Shocky is an example of the kind of person the UC system produces, the system isn't nearly as good as he thinks it is; of course, he is just one very bad apple in a large bin, but still ... one would hope for better.
    As I mentioned in one of my other posts, Cal officially does not condone this kind of attitude when it comes talking to the perspective students who gather as they decide whether to act upon their acceptance.
    Obviously, the words out of every coach isn't the same on the recruiting trail, but I like to think Cal sells itself. But when it comes to us alums, we are asked NOT to be classless in our comments regarding other potential college destinations.
    I'm not inclined to apologize for the comments that this one individual continues to make unless I have to do it face to face with a potential student. The university simply does not know what to do with someone who gives money then in turn goes online and causes us all to face embarrassment; its my sincere hope that they someday find recourse.

Quote Originally Posted by CalWBBFan View Post
    Supporting Cal programs does not require bashing others. We should all be happy that the Pac-12 has become such a competitive conference, arguably the best in the land.
    This UCLA fan agrees. A stronger Oregon is a stronger Pac-12, and a stronger Pac-12 is good for all the teams within it, including Cal, and also including UCLA.

I'm already looking forward to next season! It's gonna be a fun one!

Quote Originally Posted by patsweetpat View Post
    This UCLA fan agrees. A stronger Oregon is a stronger Pac-12, and a stronger Pac-12 is good for all the teams within it, including Cal, and also including UCLA.

I'm already looking forward to next season! It's gonna be a fun one!
    Your team should be picked to come in first again like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by GATC View Post
    Your team should be picked to come in first again like last year.
    Eh, we'll see. Shooting will be an issue for the Bruins. Shooting is *always* an issue for the Bruins. If you can't reliably put the ball in the basket, it's a problem!

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by patsweetpat View Post
    Eh, we'll see. Shooting will be an issue for the Bruins. Shooting is *always* an issue for the Bruins. If you can't reliably put the ball in the basket, it's a problem!
    This will be the final year of your fab 4 (formerly known as fab 5 minus Recee Caldwell), so their time has to be now for them to win the Pac-12. It will most likely be a rebuilding year for them afterwards. Think we matched up well because both teams (imo) are undisciplined teams. As a Cal fan it was really a pleasure watching them play especially Canada but I will be happy when they are gone!

OBear---SMfan---- Often those fab classes do not work out as well as a less touted class might have. There is a lot to be said for chemistry and balance. I can remember two fab five classes in mens college ball that under produced and then there was the North Carolina group that split up after only one year of under production.

I am really glad that other regulars made their opinions known in respect to the nepotistic lack of class displayed by a poster. I was going to jump in but that would have been a rant on the residual European aristocratic class distinctions that still live in our university cultures. I am, and I am sure the rest of you are glad it never came to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocky1 View Post
    the ionesco recruitment was a corrupt deal with illegal future promises of a scholly for her bro eddy (which never materialized) & nike enrichment for both her & her aau/high school coach (with nike affiliations)

and yeah ionescu's immigrant parents were taken advantage of by those that don't have her best interests in mind, sabrina is one injury away from working at a truck stop in medford, don't kid yourself re: the value of an oregon degree
    Your sick jealous hating of Oregon athletics is a sad joke. I keep thinking that the owner of this site would see this and realize how damaging it would be for recruits to see, but I guess your piddly ant donation gets u free reign to be the sick whole u r.

golden, the reality is that oregon is a **** school academically that accepts 2.5 gpa dumb azzs, the overwhelming majority of their grads face very uncertain futures in a highly global economy that favors
    Eventually, the USA will have to go to war with China, then there will be no global economy.

Wow! Schocky1 should probably stay on the mens side of the board...

He's (rightfully) getting more heat all over the boards. The exception seems to be the mods who seem to turn a blind eye to his abhorrent behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by mbBear View Post
    Add embarrassing and classless to shameful.
    the latest in the utter corruption of the oregon basketball program
    http://bearinsider.com/forums/showth...s-deux/page384

the latest in the utter corruption of the oregon basketball program
    http://bearinsider.com/forums/showth...s-deux/page384
    thanks for the update...didn't know that Dana Altman had become the women's coach.
    When are you going to go to work for the NCAA and show how helpful and useful you are?

While I am pro Cal and don't wish success for Cal recruits who choose other schools instead of Cal- I respect their decision and choice and won't disrepute these other schools- I don't follow Cal Football- I only just now read that the current Cal men's football coach graduated from Oregon.

Mama Shocky says - Anyone who does not choose Cal is "De Debil".