Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals thread

Real Bear
    East of Tomales Bay; west of Eagle Lake; south of Sauvie Island; north of Pismo Beach
    LbJ and KErv will get the calls in Cleve-land.

Quote Originally Posted by gobears725 View Post
    I agree, for all the problems the dubs cause the cavs. There is still the danger of Lebron going nuclear and Kyrie going nuclear especially when they go back to Cleveland where our role players likely wont play as well.

Plus everyone sort of forgets, Curry did not have a very good 2015 finals for him and he was perfectly healthy. He actually hasnt always played well on the biggest stage and he still didnt play all the well for him in game 1. They can get away with it when Durant plays well, but if Durant goes cold, klay stays cold, Curry goes cold, thatd be the recipe for how they could lose this. It could happen, however unlikely.
    If that wasn't Curry playing well last night (11-22 FG, 6-11 3pt, 28 pts, 6 rebs, 10 asts, 3 steals, just 2 TOs, +20 +/-), the Cavs are in for a world of hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmastapoop View Post
    If that wasn't Curry playing well last night (11-22 FG, 6-11 3pt, 28 pts, 6 rebs, 10 asts, 3 steals, just 2 TOs, +20 +/-), the Cavs are in for a world of hurt.
    There were a bunch of missed shots at the beginning of the game. I guess Curry was not the main offender, but was he one of them? In any case, to end up shooting 50% and scoring 28 points, with 10 assists and all the rest, is a damned good showing, I agree.

The first half is probably stuck in my mind. I remember seeing him something like 5-13 for 10 pts in the first half.

Another thing that kind of stuck out in my mind is still Cleveland gets more calls from the refs than we do. Kyrie's 4 point play should not have been a foul. If anything that was a foul on him. Klay was just standing there

Another thing that kind of stuck out in my mind is still Cleveland gets more calls from the refs than we do. Kyrie's 4 point play should not have been a foul. If anything that was a foul on him. Klay was just standing there
    Nah. I thought so at first, but watch the replay from behind. Klay came off the screen and Kyrie stopped to shoot. Klay plowed into him.

https://youtu.be/DRbsmZgWlM4?t=19s

That's a foul.

Nah. I thought so at first, but watch the replay from behind. Klay came off the screen and Kyrie stopped to shoot. Klay plowed into him.

https://youtu.be/DRbsmZgWlM4?t=19s

That's a foul.
    I still think its kind of a cheap play because Kyrie jumped into him and he was already there. He jumped backwards because he knew Klay was right on him prior to the handoff. I still dont like the call. If anything I think its a no call, play on because the contact still wasnt initiated by klay. Prior to the contact, i think thats good defense.

I think it's dumb that this is called a foul, as it is not a natural shot and is basically contact initiated by the offensive player. But it has been pretty consistently called in the playoff games I've watched. If the refs are consistent about it, it's a foul.

Klay can't guard the 1, 4, or 5. He's not a better defender than LeBron, KD, or even Tristan Thompson.
    Klay has guarded many 1's, including Kyrie at times last night. He also did a credible job when matched up against Kevin Love on a switch, though I wouldn't extend that to say he can guard 4's in general.

Kyrie blew past Green a few times on drives last night and scored.
    Last edited by BearNecessities; 06-02-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BearNecessities View Post
    Klay has guarded many 1's, including Kyrie at times last night. He also did a credible jove when matched up against Kevin Love on a switch, though I wouldn't extend that to say he can guard 4's in general.
    Agreed, not correct to say he can't guard 1's. He does regularly.

It's true he's not big enough to consistently guard frontcourt players, except occasionally in a pinch.

I agree, for all the problems the dubs cause the cavs. There is still the danger of Lebron going nuclear and Kyrie going nuclear especially when they go back to Cleveland where our role players likely wont play as well.

Plus everyone sort of forgets, Curry did not have a very good 2015 finals for him and he was perfectly healthy. He actually hasnt always played well on the biggest stage and he still didnt play all the well for him in game 1. They can get away with it when Durant plays well, but if Durant goes cold, klay stays cold, Curry goes cold, thatd be the recipe for how they could lose this. It could happen, however unlikely.
    Curry gets a bum rap for that series, IMO. His shooting % was off a bit but he was beat up and still went for 26.0 points, 6.3 assists, 5.2 rebounds and 1.8 steals per game. Because of the %, it didn't completely live up to his MVP season but under the circumstances was still very good. And in Game 1 last night, Curry went for 28 on 50% shooting from the field and 5 for 11 from 3 along with 10 assistsm 6 rebounds and 3 steals. Not sure how that = not playing all that well. He played a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    Curry gets a bum rap for that series, IMO. His shooting % was off a bit but he was beat up and still went for 26.0 points, 6.3 assists, 5.2 rebounds and 1.8 steals per game. Because of the %, it didn't completely live up to his MVP season but under the circumstances was still very good. And in Game 1 last night, Curry went for 28 on 50% shooting from the field and 5 for 11 from 3 along with 10 assistsm 6 rebounds and 3 steals. Not sure how that = not playing all that well. He played a great game.
    Zach Lowe talked about this on his podcast recently. It's pure B.S. to say Curry didn't have a good 2015 Finals. He had two bad games, 2 and 3. In the games the Warriors won, he was good-to-great.

AND only 2 turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by sycasey View Post
    Agreed, not correct to say he can't guard 1's. He does regularly.

It's true he's not big enough to consistently guard frontcourt players, except occasionally in a pinch.
    Agreed. Klay usually takes the tougher of the two guards they're facing, regardless of whether they're at 1 or 2. With the Dubs penchant for switching on everything, he often does end up having to guard a big at times.

This is an interesting take on how the Cavs came back last year but can't do the same this year: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=pm_sports_pop
    Last edited by philbert; 06-02-2017 at 03:20 PM. Reason: adding link

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/addition-k...185539047.html

Great article on the defensive issues facing the Cavs because of Durant. Illustrates Ducky's point

"The best Golden State lineups do not have any player where you can just put Kevin Love. They don't have two guys — they don't have a center and a wing that doesn't do anything where you put Kevin Love and say, 'OK, be here,' and have LeBron rest.

"When you put starters to starters, my guess is Tristan Thompson will guard Draymond Green, Kevin Love will guard Pachulia ... and it's just process of elimination. LeBron is going to have to guard Kevin Durant or Klay Thompson. There is no sitting around anymore for LeBron on defense. And when the Warriors get smaller and put Draymond Green at center, which I think they will be more aggressive doing ... then it gets even harder. Because then Kevin Love has gotta guard Iguodala, Tristan Thompson has to guard Draymond. And can you hang in that alignment?"

"Defensively, the Cavs' best option may be to remove Love from the court and go small with quicker, better defenders on James and Thompson. That still may not be the most pleasant option — Love is an important offensive weapon for the team, and it doesn't pay him more than $20 million a year to sit on the bench."

It does illustrate the challenge that is facing them. Love is going to have to play some defense and Lebron is going to be tired from having to guard KD. It's really a recipe that the deeper this series goes, the more dominant the Warriors should become as Lebron gets tired.