Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: mcneill

mcneill

where do we stand . anyone know whats happening

Real Bear
    From what I've seen, he is still waiting to be let out of his loi at isu.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/recruiting-darius-mcneill-status.229247/
    Just read this thread. They think he is gone any day now. And they know where he is going...
    Last edited by parentswerebears; 06-13-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by parentswerebears View Post
    From what I've seen, he is still waiting to be let out of his loi at isu.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/thr...status.229247/
    Just read this thread. They think he is gone any day now. And they know where he is going...
    VERY interesting... making this an active link: https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/thr...status.229247/

Has McNeill had any connection with Chris Walker?

I believe Coach Walker coached McNeill either in AAU ball or in HS.

The Iowa State thread is interesting. They are going through the same stuff we do when a player decides there is a better choice than where he originally committed.

Why did he pick Iowa State in the first place?

It isn't clear why McNeill doesn't like Iowa State any longer. I can see him leaving Cal for another school if his experience here isn't to his liking, assuming Cal is where he ends up.

I'm glad we released Baker right away. Not a good look.

I'm not sure, but I think I saw a comment somewhere about IS picking up another player, maybe a transfer, at that position?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear19 View Post
    The Iowa State thread is interesting. They are going through the same stuff we do when a player decides there is a better choice than where he originally committed.

It isn't clear why McNeill doesn't like Iowa State any longer. I can see him leaving Cal for another school if his experience here isn't to his liking, assuming Cal is where he ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear19 View Post

I don't know how the timing worked out but Iowa State signed one of the top PGs in the country. Guessing that has something to do with McNeill wanting to go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by socaliganbear View Post
    I'm glad we released Baker right away. Not a good look.
    I don't really understand what they are playing at IF they are planning on releasing him. Delaying him isn't really creating any consequences for him. It seems to me that you decide to either take a stand or not. If you take a stand you are basically saying, look, a commitment is a commitment and once you sign your LOI we are holding you to it. If that makes some recruits think we are jerks so be it. But you "look like jerks" to those people for a reason. Doing this just makes some think you are a jerk without accomplishing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by OaktownBear View Post
    I don't really understand what they are playing at IF they are planning on releasing him. Delaying him isn't really creating any consequences for him. It seems to me that you decide to either take a stand or not. If you take a stand you are basically saying, look, a commitment is a commitment and once you sign your LOI we are holding you to it. If that makes some recruits think we are jerks so be it. But you "look like jerks" to those people for a reason. Doing this just makes some think you are a jerk without accomplishing anything.
    maybe there's a reason ISU isn't exactly Duke or Kansas...

Quote Originally Posted by SFBear2012 View Post
    I don't know how the timing worked out but Iowa State signed one of the top PGs in the country. Guessing that has something to do with McNeill wanting to go somewhere else.
    Yeah, they signed 4 star Oak Hill Academy PG Lindell Wigginton. He committed a couple months after McNeill committed. And Virginia combo guard and #2 scorer Marial Shayok is transferring in, too. So plenty of reason to want to transfer out.

Pretty certain he'll get a full release soon. Really bad look for programs to not let recruits go that want out.

Quote Originally Posted by SFBear2012 View Post
    Yeah, Lindell Wigginton (who went to my alma mater, Prince Andrew High in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia).

But Wigginton was not a late recruit - he and McNeill both signed last fall.

He has been released.

Quote Originally Posted by oskidunker View Post
    He has been released.
    Story