Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: mcneill

Real Bear
    Jeesh. It almost seems like some people don't want him here. Or that they are so burned by Cal that they don't want to get attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Civil Bear View Post
    Why only 3 stars?
    Good question, besides the Aau issue he was not that productive his junior year and then improved a lot. His hs coach also had him playing shooting guard and when he switched him to pg his game and ranking went up. He's not there yet but has great upside, like nba type upside. Would be a great get.

Quote Originally Posted by SFBearz View Post
    Good question, besides the Aau issue he was not that productive his junior year and then improved a lot. His hs coach also had him playing shooting guard and when he switched him to pg his game and ranking went up. He's not there yet but has great upside, like nba type upside. Would be a great get.
    Thanks.

I believe all but the naysayers are thrilled with the opportunity for this young man to come to Cal. Go Bears!

If McNeill comes here, how do folks see the next few years playing out, what with also having Winston and Austin?

Quote Originally Posted by Big C_Cal View Post
    If McNeill comes here, how do folks see the next few years playing out, what with also having Winston and Austin?
    I see no harm in having two point guards on the floor at the same time.

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Big C_Cal View Post
    Wyking likes guys who are multiple...😉

Both McNeill and Winston are combo guards.

...particularly, if both can shoot from the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by oskidunker View Post
    He doesnt look really quick, but it is hard to tell
    That video is old - Check this out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCxx8PUTRN8

McNeil has jets, very explosive. Per ESPN's scouting report - "A lefty floor general with above athletic ability to play in the Big 12. His lateral quickness to defend opposing point guards is impressive as well as his quickness with the ball to create a basket or assist. McNeil owns blow by straight line speed with a confident penetration game as he attacks the rim looking to draw defenders and find the open man"

Agreed. Quickness is most certainly not an issue.

Great fit on both sides of the ball.

I don't know why y'all are tripping on Coleman. My man is a slasher with g-u-t-s. While Cuonzo's offense was content to pussyfoot around the arc, DCole was going IN. His LA weekend was a revelation. He often looked like the only guy outside of Rabb who had the balls to win. And for Oski's sake, would it hurt someone to set a pick for him so he didn't HAVE to do it all himself? I can't let this libel stand.
    "Give 'em the axe. Where? Right in neck. There!"
    The California Axe Yell
    The proper response to, "We Want The Axe!"

Need more than that to run the point though. He showed no facility at setting up other players or much floor game other than drive to the hoop and try to score. His shooting needs a lot of work. I hope he's busting his tail to improve all of that this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyght4Cal View Post
    I don't know why y'all are tripping on Coleman. My man is a slasher with g-u-t-s. While Cuonzo's offense was content to pussyfoot around the arc, DCole was going IN. His LA weekend was a revelation. He often looked like the only guy outside of Rabb who had the balls to win. And for Oski's sake, would it hurt someone to set a pick for him so he didn't HAVE to do it all himself? I can't let this libel stand.

Excellent, welcome to Cal Darius!