Thread: OT: Louisville Wrist slap

OT: Louisville Wrist slap

For the life of me I do not understand or comprehend the NCAA. An Assistant coach is alleged to commit NUMEROUS felonies and they hit them with a wrist slap. Ridiculous. No post-season ban, a five game vacation, the meaningless penalty of vacating wins (but even that is up in the air and could still allow them to keep the banner up) and minimal recruiting restrictions. If I am a HC I now have a road map - has a hungry assistant be the one to take the fall so I can have plausible denial. Just don't have a tape recording system in your office and you are golden.

Quote Originally Posted by socaltownie View Post
    For the life of me I do not understand or comprehend the NCAA. An Assistant coach is alleged to commit NUMEROUS felonies and they hit them with a wrist slap. Ridiculous. No post-season ban, a five game vacation, the meaningless penalty of vacating wins (but even that is up in the air and could still allow them to keep the banner up) and minimal recruiting restrictions. If I am a HC I now have a road map - has a hungry assistant be the one to take the fall so I can have plausible denial. Just don't have a tape recording system in your office and you are golden.
    To be accurate, this is in addition to the self-imposed penalties, which included a postseason ban (conference and NCAA), and a reduction in scholarships and recruiting visits/contacts.

No, SCT. The road map is be a high profile program that helps TV ratings for the NCAA.

Nothing new here. Read the history of the NCAA. Particularly with regards to men's basketball. They are NOT a law enforcement agency. The have a small group that investigates their own rules just enough to appease their members.

Wasnt Wyking at Louisville during those seasons? Based upon the lack of any info, I assume that he's not being included in any of the transgressions. It's the Cal fan in me waiting for a reversal of the recent positive momentum......

so long as it doesn't affect us.

Real Bear
    East of Tomales Bay; west of Eagle Lake; south of Sauvie Island; north of Pismo Beach
    Weasel greasing has been accepted as part of the game since Coach P has been at uL.