Thread: from 2011; I can't remember seeing this video before.

So were the alumni working on it aware of the costs skyrocketing like that?

Who knows?!!!!!
    Just a terribly expensive remodel for sure!
    .....to fix the west side....
    I still think a total upgrade was necessary, but the ongoing debt is just outrageous.
    And Cal is just paying off the interest now? and the principal $ debt is still out there to come.

sheesh!

It is such a great asset for the University that they should have financially participated in the cost. Dumping all the cost on athletics may appease the faculty who are haters, but not smart in the big picture. As the Chancellor said the stadium and football games are the front door for fundraising for academics. Athletics has unfairly been dumped on; for example, when Chancellor Tien merged men's and women's athletic departments, then cut millions from funding women's athletics and mandated the men pay for it all. The department has never had a successful business model since then. Athletics was given a losing hand. Not to mention, the hidden fact that Tien forced Dave Maggard out to avoid the animosity that existed from Lue Lilly and the women's department. I always thought it was incredible and troubling this has never been fully exposed!

Quote Originally Posted by barabbas View Post
    It is such a great asset for the University that they should have financially participated in the cost. Dumping all the cost on athletics may appease the faculty who are haters, but not smart in the big picture. As the Chancellor said the stadium and football games are the front door for fundraising for academics. Athletics has unfairly been dumped on; for example, when Chancellor Tien merged men's and women's athletic departments, then cut millions from funding women's athletics and mandated the men pay for it all. The department has never had a successful business model since then. Athletics was given a losing hand. Not to mention, the hidden fact that Tien forced Dave Maggard out to avoid the animosity that existed from Lue Lilly and the women's department. I always thought it was incredible and troubling this has never been fully exposed!
    Wow! That led to Bockrath's hiring and Snyder's subsequent departure.

Quote Originally Posted by philbert View Post
    Wow! That led to Bockrath's hiring and Snyder's subsequent departure.
    If this is true, Tien's tenure as Chancellor was and is an unmitigated disaster for the IAD.
    "Give 'em the axe. Where? Right in neck. There!"
    The California Axe Yell
    The proper response to, "We Want The Axe!"