Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: Andre Ward vs Sergey Kovalev II

Quote Originally Posted by philbert View Post
    Some boxing expert said that because boxers have to wear 10 oz gloves, as opposed to the much smaller ones that MMA fighters wear (3 oz?), mcgregor's power will be a lot less.
    6 oz up to 10 oz. all i know is that ive watched a fairly decent amount of mma and guys just drop when he hits them with his left. i think if he somehow catches mayweather square he'll get him, but as we kind of know, who can? the fight is being sold on mcgregor having a punchers chance but i dont think thats bs. he has a punchers chance.

how mayweather could lose is if he cant figure out mcgregor's akwardness. his stance wont be like a boxer. the distance will be different. maybe its enough curveballs where mayweather just doesnt figure him out. mcgregor isnt going to fight him like a boxer, hes going to try to make it a brawl and if that succeeds im not sure mayweather has ever really had to fight that kind of fight.

If you believe mcgregor who says that it takes a bigger, rangier guy to beat him, then floyd should be right up his alley. floyd is smaller and has less reach. reach is an advantage floyd usually has. even against canelo he had two inches on canelo. first time ive ever seen floyd not have the reach. i feel like thats a big part of floyds game, staying outside and using his length. so its another advantage floyd wont have that hes used to. theres going to be a lot of curveballs. mcgregors trash talk, ufc, left handed, no reach advantage. he could get baited into a fight and if he stands toe to toe and fights im not sure he can win
    Last edited by gobears725; 06-18-2017 at 09:48 PM.

True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    Out here on the perimeter there are no stars Out here we is stoned – immaculate. J. Morrison
    I quit watching MMA years ago so I have never seen McGregor fight. I just watched some highlights. As I suspected, he holds his hands wide and low like most MMA fighters. If the fight isn't rigged, and he doesn't change to a proper boxer's defensive stance, HE GONE!

True Blue Golden Bear going4roses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AuNBearkeley View Post
    Roy Jones knocking out Virgil Hill is at the top of devastating body shots.

https://youtu.be/wfJ32vKuCYQ
    I remember that one

True Blue Golden Bear going4roses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bearister View Post
    I quit watching MMA years ago so I have never seen McGregor fight. I just watched some highlights. As I suspected, he holds his hands wide and low like most MMA fighters. If the fight isn't rigged, and he doesn't change to a proper boxer's defensive stance, HE GONE!
    Lol not ... He gone!

Quote Originally Posted by gobears725 View Post
    6 oz up to 10 oz. all i know is that ive watched a fairly decent amount of mma and guys just drop when he hits them with his left. i think if he somehow catches mayweather square he'll get him, but as we kind of know, who can? the fight is being sold on mcgregor having a punchers chance but i dont think thats bs. he has a punchers chance.

how mayweather could lose is if he cant figure out mcgregor's akwardness. his stance wont be like a boxer. the distance will be different. maybe its enough curveballs where mayweather just doesnt figure him out. mcgregor isnt going to fight him like a boxer, hes going to try to make it a brawl and if that succeeds im not sure mayweather has ever really had to fight that kind of fight.

If you believe mcgregor who says that it takes a bigger, rangier guy to beat him, then floyd should be right up his alley. floyd is smaller and has less reach. reach is an advantage floyd usually has. even against canelo he had two inches on canelo. first time ive ever seen floyd not have the reach. i feel like thats a big part of floyds game, staying outside and using his length. so its another advantage floyd wont have that hes used to. theres going to be a lot of curveballs. mcgregors trash talk, ufc, left handed, no reach advantage. he could get baited into a fight and if he stands toe to toe and fights im not sure he can win
    Mayweather has made a (brilliant) career of not getting hit by the greatest boxers in the world. Against MacGregor, he will have only one punch to avoid (the straight left), and this from a "C-level" boxer. Expect a boring bout between two counter-punchers who each have a legitimate reason to fear the other.

"MacGregor isn't going to fight him like a boxer..." See, that's a problem, because it will be a BOXING match.

Does MacGregor have a "puncher's chance"? Sure, but it's a tiny one.
    Would I watch the fight? Sure, out of curiosity. It will be a spectacle.
    Would I pay to watch it? Only up to $10.
    Is it a shame that it will garner more interest than Ward-Kovalev? Well, that's our world nowadays, so no.