Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So with the addition of Darius McNeill...

So with the addition of Darius McNeill...

...we will have a total of 10 active scholarship players this year with a total of 10 yrs of D1 experience and only 2 players with more than 1 year of experience:

Okoroh (Sr)
    Lee (RsSr)
    Davis (RsSo)
    Coleman (Jr)
    Harris-Dyson (Fr)
    Sueing (Fr)
    McCulloch (Fr)
    Anticevich (Fr)
    McNeill (Fr)
    Winston (Fr)

With Paris Austin sitting the year out, that leaves 2 scholarships left if my math is correct.

Are there any legit grad transfers left on the market? With 2 commits already for next year taking Lee and Okoroh's spots, I can't see the staff giving the remaining 2 slots to anyone who will be around longer than a year given the players they are going after for 2018 (of course this doesn't factor other openings that may occur due to transfers, etc).

Does chauca receive a basketball scholarship this year?

it doesn't count. because of the coaching change, we're allowed to let one player leave and keep the schollie without it counting.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    No, they're done for 2017.
    So, there's no rest for Lee & Kingsley - Quite a change for Lee from Kentucky - Lee obviously looks like he's in the best shape imaginable; but one has to wonder how he will cope (not only physically) with the demand (in the "supply and demand" sense, not the requirement sense) to play more minutes than anyone else on the team [i.e., I imagine that, if he were up to it (again mentally as well as physically), there would never be any reason to take him off the floor - although it is truly hard to imagine any human actually capable of that, without some down side to it]

Quote Originally Posted by mikecohen View Post
    So, there's no rest for Lee & Kingsley - Quite a change for Lee from Kentucky - Lee obviously looks like he's in the best shape imaginable; but one has to wonder how he will cope (not only physically) with the demand (in the "supply and demand" sense, not the requirement sense) to play more minutes than anyone else on the team [i.e., I imagine that, if he were up to it (again mentally as well as physically), there would never be any reason to take him off the floor - although it is truly hard to imagine any human actually capable of that, without some down side to it]
    He's a racehorse. He'll love it.

Foul issues might be more a problem than stamina as shot blockers are always in peril.
    Access is better than ownership!

They're not going to run Okoroh and Lee into the ground. They won't be playing a 6'10 PF and 7 ft center for 40 minutes. There's really no need to play that big, anyway. Not with their style of defense.

Two words:

DON'T FOUL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    They're not going to run Okoroh and Lee into the ground. They won't be playing a 6'10 PF and 7 ft center for 40 minutes. There's really no need to play that big, anyway. Not with their style of defense.
    That's a brave face for a short squad.
    Last edited by concordtom; 06-22-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Maybe we can be like (hank gathers and bo kimble) LMU and run people out of the gym.

Our women's team has had success (including a Final Four) with some playing nearly 40 minutes a game. I don't consider that ideal but it's not unworkable.

roman and cole welle will get lots of run
    I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreams View Post
    roman and cole welle will get lots of run
    I don't think so. They'll get some. Doubt it will be lots, though.

The team could certainly use more depth at the 4 and 5 but college basketball has changed. You simply don't need two 6'10+ guys out there at once all the time to succeed. If Sueing, Anticevich, Davis and Welle can rebound, they'll be fine with 1 big on the floor. And McNeill, Winston and Harris-Dyson are all big guards that can rebound, too.
    Last edited by MoragaBear; 06-22-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    Maybe we can be like (hank gathers and bo kimble) LMU and run people out of the gym.
    In this context, considering that one of them died on the floor: Not a good thought.