Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vball Savannah Rennie has transplant complications.....add to your prayer list!!!

Vball Savannah Rennie has transplant complications.....add to your prayer list!!!

Cal Volleyball‏Verified account @CalVolleyball 2h2 hours ago
    More
    SAVANNAH UPDATE: Savannah has had a complication from her kidney transplant. Her family requests privacy at this time. #SavStrong
    Last edited by oskigobears; 07-13-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Oh, no. I met her at Trader Joe's about three years ago and she had on her Cal Volleyball kit, so I said "Go Bears." (I ran track / XC here in another galaxy - 1980s). She was very friendly and said she had to (blue) shirt because she had some scary issues with her liver. She was pretty candid about it, but had not totally found out how serious it was at the time - they were "running tests." She was so genuine, friendly, keenly interested in life, intelligent, and at 6'2", an impressive athletic specimen. I've followed her story from afar, and am certainly saddened to learn there are complications with the transplant. With that said, I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

no further public info so far.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Get well Savannah! My thoughts are for her and the family.

I met her when she returned from treatment and was so happy to give her hug. She's a special lady
    ~The Bear will not quilt. The Bear will not dye.~

Positive thoughts for Savannah!

The continued silence is alarming. I really hope this is just a small complication. I didn't know that there could still be issues after recovery.

update on Savannah......coach McShane says she is back on campus and doing well after a recent medical issue.
    yaaaay!

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by oskigobears View Post
    update on Savannah......coach McShane says she is back on campus and doing well after a recent medical issue.
    yaaaay!
    Thanks for this update! I'm happy for her and her family.

yaaaay!
    Great to hear.

Thank you very much for the encouraging update!

Thank you so much. I've been thinking about her often.

great news ... she's obviously very tough
    I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

SR's tweet yesterday (link)

Cal Volleyball‏Verified account @CalVolleyball 2h2 hours ago
    More
    SAVANNAH UPDATE: Savannah has had a complication from her kidney transplant. Her family requests privacy at this time. #SavStrong
    SR's tweet late Thursday evening..
    https://twitter.com/srennie1310/stat...42069560717312
    1% chance, 1% chance of this happening. Yup of course I'm that one percent. Obstacle #2...time to crush this one too.

calbears reports SR diagnosis.. (link)

BERKELEY – Cal volleyball student-athlete Savannah Rennie has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Post-Transplant Lymphoma, a treatable disease.

Rennie underwent a liver transplant last year after being diagnosed with Congenital Hepatic Fibrosis with Portal Hypertension.

Rennie is currently undergoing treatment but is still attending some team activities. The Bears opened training camp for the 2017 season on Tuesday.

"I am very thankful that Savannah is getting such good care," Cal head coach Matt McShane said. "All of us in the Cal family are glad that we get to see her regularly these days. We can all tell that Savannah being around her friends is comforting to her. We all wish her a speedy recovery."
    http://www.calbears.com/news/2017/8/...treatment.aspx