Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rabb reportedly has moved out of his Memphis apt and is coming back to CA

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    If I recall correctly, that's nearly double what Crabbe made his first two years as 1st pick of 2nd round.
    The $1.3M is an increase from what Crabbe made, but the first year is about the same.
    http://www.spotrac.com/nba/portland-...-crabbe-13344/

Quote Originally Posted by oskidunker View Post
    Jerome Randall wishes he had taken a 2 way contract. I believe his agent recommended against it.
    No, they are new this year.

Sluggo

I wonder how much Memphis has left of their MLE to sign Ivan?

Grizzlies Sign Second-Rounder Dillon Brooks
    July 21st 2017 at 12:00pm CST by Luke Adams

The Grizzlies have signed second-round pick Dillon Brooks to his first NBA contract, reports Shams Charania of The Vertical (via Twitter). According to Charania, Brooks will get a three-year deal with two guaranteed seasons.

A 6’7″ small forward, Brooks averaged 16.0 points and 3.3 rebounds per game in his final season for the Oregon Ducks, declaring for the draft following his junior year.

Brooks was one of two prospects acquired on draft night by the Grizzlies, who sent a future second-round pick to the Rockets in exchange for the No. 45 selection, which they used on Brooks. Memphis also traded a future second-rounder for the No. 35 pick and nabbed Ivan Rabb.

The Grizzlies don’t have any cap room available, but still have a portion of their mid-level exception free, allowing the club to do a three-year deal for Brooks. Memphis used most of its MLE to sign Ben McLemore and Rade Zagorac, but should still have a small amount of that exception left after locking up Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by philbert View Post
    They don't need to use the exception at all to sign Rabb. The Warriors used their exception to sign Nick Young and then signed their 2nd round pick, Bell, to a two year deal at the league minimum. The Grizzlies could sign Rabb that way as well. Teams only sign their 2nd round picks with the exception in order to give them that third year, which gives the team full Bird rights when that contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by philbert View Post

Grizzlies Sign Second-Rounder Dillon Brooks
    July 21st 2017 at 12:00pm CST by Luke Adams

The Grizzlies have signed second-round pick Dillon Brooks to his first NBA contract, reports Shams Charania of The Vertical (via Twitter). According to Charania, Brooks will get a three-year deal with two guaranteed seasons.

A 6’7″ small forward, Brooks averaged 16.0 points and 3.3 rebounds per game in his final season for the Oregon Ducks, declaring for the draft following his junior year.

Brooks was one of two prospects acquired on draft night by the Grizzlies, who sent a future second-round pick to the Rockets in exchange for the No. 45 selection, which they used on Brooks. Memphis also traded a future second-rounder for the No. 35 pick and nabbed Ivan Rabb.

The Grizzlies don’t have any cap room available, but still have a portion of their mid-level exception free, allowing the club to do a three-year deal for Brooks. Memphis used most of its MLE to sign Ben McLemore and Rade Zagorac, but should still have a small amount of that exception left after locking up Brooks.
    Kind of ridiculous to give the 45th pick a 3 year deal and then try to get the 35th pick to sign a 2-way deal. Rabb would be wise to walk away from that front office dysfunction. Plenty of teams will be interested in his services.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAST2324MODE View Post
    brad stevens has specifically said he is going to positionless basketball. ball handler, 2/3 athletic wings, and 1/2 bigs. jaylen will see the court a lot and guard the other teams best player
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkCityBear View Post
    Kind of ridiculous to give the 45th pick a 3 year deal and then try to get the 35th pick to sign a 2-way deal. Rabb would be wise to walk away from that front office dysfunction. Plenty of teams will be interested in his services.
    Brooks played in Summer League and played pretty well. Not playing in Summer League likely didn't help Rabb, but it indeed is ridiculous for Memphis to be doing Rabb that way. I agree that Ivan shouldn't settle for a 2-way deal, which is given to fringe roster players.

Quote Originally Posted by tsubamoto2001 View Post
    Brooks played in Summer League and played pretty well. Not playing in Summer League likely didn't help Rabb,
    Thx
    You answered my question
    But what injury kept Rabb from playing? The same one that kept him from that NIT game which everyone thought was fake??

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Thx
    You answered my question
    But what injury kept Rabb from playing? The same one that kept him from that NIT game which everyone thought was fake??
    Who knows what was happening in that abortion of an NIT game, but Ivan had plantar fasciitis during the season, which probably will not go away unless he takes a long break (which he won't). So that along with mono (from what we have heard) did not make for Ivan at his best. And he may have had to pick his spots while still battling his ongoing ailments.

Thx
    You answered my question
    Ankle injury suffered in pre-draft workouts.

Loyal Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    Overcome these challenges Ivan. Man I want so much for this young man to succeed.
    I'm with you. May these challenges only make success sweeter for him.

He should have developed a mid range shot.

Somewhere along the way, Jaylen will need to develop an outside shot, which is a must for an NBA SG.

I would expect Ivan's agent is keeping close track of all his options and keeping Rabb informed.

...so what were Martin and Jones doing with Ivan in two years at Cal?