Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rabb reportedly has moved out of his Memphis apt and is coming back to CA

Quote Originally Posted by puget sound cal fan View Post
    Somewhere along the way, Jaylen will need to develop an outside shot, which is a must for an NBA SG.
    FWIW: In the recent games, Jaylen's 3-point shooting form has looked excellent (a lot better than when he was here); and it looks like he's been making a decent percentage of them (although I haven't looked at the stats)

Quote Originally Posted by mikecohen View Post
    FWIW: In the recent games, Jaylen's 3-point shooting form has looked excellent (a lot better than when he was here); and it looks like he's been making a decent percentage of them (although I haven't looked at the stats)
    He shot 34% last year, quite a bit better than his 29% mark at Cal, and very respectable for a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkCityBear View Post
    He shot 34% last year, quite a bit better than his 29% mark at Cal, and very respectable for a rookie.
    And that's from NBA 3-point line.

The rookie minimum went up almost $300,000 between the 2016 and 2017 seasons as a result of a new CBA. Crabbe may have negotiated a better deal since there isn't a salary scale for second rounders other than the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by BearNecessities View Post
    The $1.3M is an increase from what Crabbe made, but the first year is about the same.
    http://www.spotrac.com/nba/portland-...-crabbe-13344/

No. His agent told a team not to draft him in the second round thinking he'd have more options and it turned out he didn't. There were no two-way contracts until this year.

Quote Originally Posted by oskidunker View Post
    Jerome Randall wishes he had taken a 2 way contract. I believe his agent recommended against it.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesaxe View Post
    No. His agent told a team not to draft him in the second round thinking he'd have more options and it turned out he didn't. There were no two-way contracts until this year.
    Is there no hope Randall ever comes back and gets a look?

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    Is there no hope Randall ever comes back and gets a look?
    Is there no hope that people will learn to spell his name? It's Randle

Is there no hope that people will learn to spell his name? It's Randle
    Alas, this one-time stupid misspelling error is indeed a terrible scourge upon society!

Alas, this one-time stupid misspelling error is indeed a terrible scourge upon society!
    Same misspelling, two different posters

Same misspelling, two different posters
    I am not a poster.
    I am a bot.

Real Bear
    I am not a poster.
    I am a bot.
    Now that makes complete sense.

Yoh Will be absorbed! Resistance is Futile...

Hey- anybody have the latest info what's up with Rabb's contract negotiations or if his agent is shopping around?

As of 7/31: Ivan Rabb (Memphis Grizzlies, No. 35): The Grizzlies signed 45th overall pick Dillon Brooks, but have yet to lock up Rabb, who now finds himself in an interesting spot. Memphis already has 15 players on guaranteed contracts for 2017/18, and that total doesn’t even include RFA JaMychal Green, who seems likely to return. Even though there’s no current opening for Rabb, he was probably too high a draft pick to accept a two-way contract, so perhaps the Grizzlies ultimately intend to trade or waive a player (or two) to make room. Otherwise, it’s not clear what the plan is for Rabb.

A couple tidbits from today and over the weekend related to Rabb:

1) https://twitter.com/YoungIvee/status/896069133099347970 - He posted pictures of him in his #10 Grizzlies jersey on his own Twitter account and there doesn't appear to be any sign of ill will between him and the franchise. The Grizzlies official account also posted similar photos of Rabb
    2) Rabb is literally the only 2nd round draft pick who remains unsigned our otherwise unaccounted for according to this tweet: https://twitter.com/peteredmiston/st...94527806074880

30 2nd rd picks:

NBA contract: 15
    Foreign stash: 6
    G-League stash: 2
    2way deal: 3
    Rumored 2way deal: 3

Only 1 unaccounted for: Ivan Rabb