Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jorge-Pasternack incident video

Quote Originally Posted by calumnus View Post
    Even a HC would never get fired? It is the opposite. The higher up you go, the more your behavior will be excused. Look at Penn State. Guys like Pasternack are expendable, there are 50 guys waiting to take his place on teh Arizona staff.
    Noob.

Looking back, forgive and forget, it seems.

Watching that grainy video over a few times and reading the comments on here with people taking it so seriously it totally reminds me of the Keith Hernandez loogie.

Quote Originally Posted by CalEnviroLaw View Post
    Looking back, forgive and forget, it seems.
    That kind of incident, as small and fleeting it can be, tells you a lot about the character of the man.

He's not Cal material.

Psy no attention to the man behind the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Cal88 View Post
    That kind of incident, as small and fleeting it can be, tells you a lot about the character of the man.

He's not Cal material.
    You are absolutely right. I would hope he's grown up since then. But the lack of according aknowledgement and apology says otherwise. He's out.
    "Give 'em the axe. Where? Right in neck. There!"
    The California Axe Yell
    The proper response to, "We Want The Axe!"

Quote Originally Posted by cal88 View Post
    that kind of incident, as small and fleeting it can be, tells you a lot about the character of the man.

He's not cal material.
    lol

I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

Quote Originally Posted by Fyght4Cal View Post
    You are absolutely right. I would hope he's grown up since then. But the lack of according aknowledgement and apology says otherwise. He's out.
    I visualize hiring Pasternack, and before tip off of the first game there is a ceremony. The fans are asked for silence to allow a sacred ceremony to take place. The lights are turned out, and then a spot light shines on center court, revealing Pasternack and...Jorge. Pasernack, holding a mic, says:

"Jorge, a few years ago during a game at Arizona I kicked you when you went out of bounds by our bench. I want you to know how sorry I am that I did that. There is no excuse for inexcusable behavior. I have reflected on that moment for all of the years after it occurred, and I am ashamed. I have taken anger management courses, and as a result of that therapy now realize that I learned some really awful behaviors during my time with Bobby Knight. I can assure you, and the rest of the Bear family, that I have made profound changes in my life so that such abhorrent behavior will never be repeated. So now, as witnessed by the Bear family and the rest of the world, I apologize for kicking you--from the bottom of my heart."

Jorge: "I forgive you"

Audience: [Applause and many wiping their eyes at this poignant scene]

[Cue some sage burning or whatever the heck new age people do in healing ceremonies]

Quote Originally Posted by MSaviolives View Post
    I visualize hiring Pasternack, and before tip off of the first game there is a ceremony. The fans are asked for silence to allow a sacred ceremony to take place. The lights are turned out, and then a spot light shines on center court, revealing Pasternack and...Jorge. Pasernack, holding a mic, says:

"Jorge, a few years ago during a game at Arizona I kicked you when you went out of bounds by our bench. I want you to know how sorry I am that I did that. There is no excuse for inexcusable behavior. I have reflected on that moment for all of the years after it occurred, and I am ashamed. I have taken anger management courses, and as a result of that therapy now realize that I learned some really awful behaviors during my time with Bobby Knight. I can assure you, and the rest of the Bear family, that I have made profound changes in my life so that such abhorrent behavior will never be repeated. So now, as witnessed by the Bear family and the rest of the world, I apologize for kicking you--from the bottom of my heart."

[Cue some sage burning or whatever the heck new age people do in healing ceremonies]
    He'd also have to add

"I hated all my time at Arizona. Every single second. Their fans were insufferable and Coach Miller kept eating all my food. Literally the only thing good to come out of Arizona basketball are Steve Kerr and Tom Tolbert. Besides that, Tuscon is a $hithole. Thank you for saving me from that god awful place."

Then and only then would I consider taking him back.

Well he should have at least apologized to Jorge at the time. He clearly had the opportunity but instead made an excuse

Quote Originally Posted by MSaviolives View Post

I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez