Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jemarl Baker now a 4-star and cracked the Top 100 for 2017

Jemarl Baker now a 4-star and cracked the Top 100 for 2017

On a competitor's website

Jemarl Baker

based on the descriptions of him, and his stats, sounds well deserved
    congrates Jemari
    Last edited by HoopDreams; 02-15-2016 at 05:11 PM.

Obviously, a great outside shooter.

I would have liked to see a few jab steps and pump fake/dribble drives with the ball on the floor.
    That move is something Jordan Matthews was not very good at when he got to Cal. He has gotten better, but the absence of that move hindered him as a freshman.
    Being a great catch and jump shooter needs to be augmented with the ability to put the ball on the floor....

Quote Originally Posted by BearBackerinLA View Post
    game recap, including video of Jemarl's missed 3 pt attempt in the final seconds ...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highsc...20-column.html
    That was pretty good video shot.
    Could have been pulled straight out of The White Shadow cinemagraphically speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    That was pretty good video shot.
    Could have been pulled straight out of The White Shadow cinemagraphically speaking.
    All the missed crucial FTs in the last minutes looked painfully familiar. Shooting FTS is evidently not considered to be an important part of practice at all levels of play.

"I'm a big Jemarl passed the test of how to deal with defeat. Roosevelt guard headed to Cal."

https://twitter.com/latsondheimer/st...19820703789056
    If you're coming to cal - you really need to pass this test with flying colors

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDanger View Post
    Obviously, a great outside shooter.

I would have liked to see a few jab steps and pump fake/dribble drives with the ball on the floor.
    That move is something Jordan Matthews was not very good at when he got to Cal. He has gotten better, but the absence of that move hindered him as a freshman.
    Being a great catch and jump shooter needs to be augmented with the ability to put the ball on the floor....
    Jordan Mathews has improved a lot in that regard, esp. during the 2nd half of this past season. He drives way more than he used to, and gets past guys that play him only to shoot. Now if he stops and gets the mid-range game down, he will be really lethal his senior year (as sometimes the forays into the lane is not there but sometimes he forces it). That mid-range game was what made Bird so great the last 1/3 of the season. He can stop on a dime and rise up really high for a very controlled 10-15 footer.

agree, and I'd love to see Jordan with the step back 3
    how many players have burned Cal with that shot? (although I think the degree of difficulty on that shot is very high)

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    Jordan Mathews has improved a lot in that regard, esp. during the 2nd half of this past season. He drives way more than he used to, and gets past guys that play him only to shoot. Now if he stops and gets the mid-range game down, he will be really lethal his senior year (as sometimes the forays into the lane is not there but sometimes he forces it). That mid-range game was what made Bird so great the last 1/3 of the season. He can stop on a dime and rise up really high for a very controlled 10-15 footer.
    I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

Gotta get Ira Lee... Kid is a flat out stud who will be a game changer wherever he goes

Any relation to Marcus?

voted as clutch performer at the tournament in NYC ...

Jermari Baker and Ira Lee led Earl Watson Elite to a pair of wins of Saturday. In the morning, Baker scored a game-high 19 pints and grabbed six boards in a win over Baltimore United. Lee pitched in 16.

http://www.theuaassociation.com/news...le/show/637828
    It would be even better if they had spelled his name correctly. This is a pet peeve for me (and I imagine NYCGOBEARS as well, as he and I share the same spelling) as my name is constantly misspelled.

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkCityBear View Post
    It would be even better if they had spelled his name correctly. This is a pet peeve for me (and I imagine NYCGOBEARS as well, as he and I share the same spelling) as my name is constantly misspelled.
    And mispronounced. Damnit.

Didn't Alan Crabbe go through similar development?

Quote Originally Posted by puget sound cal fan View Post
    Didn't Alan Crabbe go through similar development?
    Interesting to bring up, but they are different players. Crabbe was a wing trying to develop a game other than being a spot shooter. Baker is a guard that could have a chance of playing some PG down the road. I guess the similarity is that Cal got early commitments from both before they could really "blow up".