Is there a chance Celestine comes back?

1,926 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Civil Bear
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks
Go Bears!
Johnfox
I think we already replaced Celestine with better players.
sluggo
Johnfox said:

I think he has been replaced with different players. Only one player recruited so far is a shooter, and he does not shoot as well as Celestine and is 6'2''. I hope Celestine comes back.
DaveT
I hope whatever NIL money Cal has is going to a big and a top scoring threat. I wish Celestine the best, but I think he may have made a poor decision.
RedlessWardrobe
sluggo said:

Johnfox said:

I think he has been replaced with different players. Only one player recruited so far is a shooter, and he does not shoot as well as Celestine and is 6'2''. I hope Celestine comes back.

If there is a chance that he may come back I sure hope that MM will keep a spot open for him. It's been pointed out various times at this site that our offense this past year lacked a true point guard. With one, it's not unreasonable to think that JC's shooting percentage could be even higher than it's already been.
calumnus
DaveT said:

I hope whatever NIL money Cal has is going to a big and a top scoring threat. I wish Celestine the best, but I think he may have made a poor decision.

Entering the portal was not a poor decision. He will have a Cal degree and two years of eligibility remaining. While from a basketball perspective, staying may very well be his best decision, and it would definitely be best for us, it may not be best for him overall. He can get a masters degree paid for through basketball, plus NIL. I assume if were admitted to Haas MBA he'd be staying. I do think there is a chance he comes back.
DaveT
calumnus said:

DaveT said:

Entering the portal was not a poor decision.
It certainly was if he gets a less lucrative NIL deal with a worse program.
HoopDreams
Shooters are always a priority and he has good size, defense and experience

The only concern is his injuries, but he looks like a high D1 prospect to me. The only question in my mind is NIL. I have no idea what the market place looks like

But I've been Celestine's number one fan for years so am bias

DaveT said:

calumnus said:

DaveT said:

Civil Bear
HoopDreams said:

Shooters are always a priority and he has good size, defense and experience

The only concern is his injuries, but he looks like a high D1 prospect to me. The only question in my mind is NIL. I have no idea what the market place looks like

But I've been Celestine's number one fan for years so am bias

DaveT said:

calumnus said:

DaveT said:

His defense has not been good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.