Mitt Romney wants higher taxes?

1,085 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by bear2034
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
13:20 mark

tequila4kapp
My God I hate that guy.

To his comment about the debt….it is really a shame there wasn't a Senator somewhere that would work and vote for a balanced budget and smaller deficits.

What a tool.
82gradDLSdad
tequila4kapp said:

My God I hate that guy.

To his comment about the debt….it is really a shame there wasn't a Senator somewhere that would work and vote for a balanced budget and smaller deficits.

What a tool.

Mitt solidifies my vote for Vivek. Asked who he'd vote for out of the Republicans he said any one of them but Vivek (and Trump, to be fair). Thank you Mitt for proving Vivek's point (at least to me) that most politicians are bought and paid for.
AunBear89
Because it takes only one Senator to accomplish all that.

Mitt is a twit, but for so many more relevant reasons.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
tequila4kapp
AunBear89 said:

Because it takes only one Senator to accomplish all that.

Mitt is a twit, but for so many more relevant reasons.
Obviously. And also obvious was the fact he has voted opposite what he claims to advocate for. Repeatedly.
AunBear89
Most politicians do at some point or another, and to different degrees. It's called "politics."

It's as much a game as it is anything else. I vote for your thing that I don't 100% support/agree with, because I want to ensure your support for my thing in the future.

But Mitt is also a lying hypocrite, paying fiscal conservative lip service to talk about debts and deficits.

Moron Republican voters expect that kind of babble from their candidates and chose to believe it as soon as they hear it.

None of the Republican politicians believe any of the nonsense they say about spending. All that matters is who is in the white house when they say it.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
dimitrig

I am glad to see people willing to waste a vote on Vivek rather than vote for Trump.

I will believe it when I see it.
concordtom
I think it's pathetic to vote for Vivek.
That guy is a total idiot!!
concordtom
I'm curious- did anybody have a reaction to Mitt's comment about taxes and the younger generation?
dimitrig
concordtom said:

Better him than Trump.

He's not an idiot, but his ideas are absurd and I don't believe he would be able to accomplish anything in office because it's important to have an understanding of how politics work. He clearly doesn't.

concordtom
And that makes him an idiot, thank you.
82gradDLSdad
dimitrig said:

I am glad to see people willing to waste a vote on Vivek rather than vote for Trump.

I will believe it when I see it.

If Vivek beats Trump in the primary (probably very little chance) I like his chances against Biden. The contrast in any debate between the two will be staggering. I would be like me playing one on one against Steph Curry. Come on, man.
82gradDLSdad
concordtom said:

When folks resort to name calling I tune out. If you actually think Vivek is a total idiot your cognitive abilities are on par with Biden's. After starting the year with a seizure faceplant into a barbeque I actually now know a few things about declining cognitive abilities. I feel as though I am a qualified internet expert on the subject.
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

When folks resort to name calling I tune out. If you actually think Vivek is a total idiot your cognitive abilities are on par with Biden's. After starting the year with a seizure faceplant into a barbeque I actually now know a few things about declining cognitive abilities. I feel as though I am a qualified internet expert on the subject.

Vivek would test highly on intelligence tests, there is no doubt.
That's not what I meant by idiot.
We all know there's what's called "multiple intelligences". Vivek has something missing. I don't know what it is because I haven't studied him enough, but he's got something missing.

I said the same thing about Trump when he first announced in 2015 and my read on him has been completely accurate, and then some!

Biden definitely also has "something missing" and I started an entire thread on it. However, "Who should be President" does not come down to an IQ test.

It's unfortunate that we live in a system of (only) 2 parties that have a few power brokers backed by dark money that nobody knows about. Voters are entirely maleable - it just takes publicity campaigns, which require money. And (!), it's not like most voters are well educated or thinking this stuff through. I've written here plenty on the subconscious brain, party identity, partisanship.

I'd welcome a fresh new entrant like Vivek who is unafraid and willing to shake things up! But not Vivek! He's said many things that I thought we just insane. Primarily, he has not rebuked Trump and Trumpism. He says Trump was the greatest president and he, Vivek, simply wants to be even MORE MAGA. Wait, WHAT?????
That's insane!

Trump is a criminal of historic consequence and needs to be removed from political discourse. Any politician who cannot see that and say that is disqualified, and an "idiot", in my book.

There, does that sort of name calling work better for you?? A "name", backed up with a definition?

You are not an idiot because you have experienced a seizure(s). You do have my sympathies there and we have connected on this subject before: my nephew, my neighbor, my grandmother. It's just a medical condition. I wish you all the best! I, too, as a 50-something am past my prime.

If you want to harp on Biden's declining abilities due to his medical condition, let's go over to that thread. But, Vivek is not the answer!

Maybe Newsom will perform well on Hannity with DeSantis and can provide a light. But that "shadow campaign" thread is not yet started here. I think it's Thursday night?
82gradDLSdad
concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

We all know there's what's called "multiple intelligences". Vivek has something missing. I don't know what it is because I haven't studied him enough, but he's got something missing.

I said the same thing about Trump when he first announced in 2015 and my read on him has been completely accurate, and then some!

Biden definitely also has "something missing" and I started an entire thread on it. However, "Who should be President" does not come down to an IQ test.

It's unfortunate that we live in a system of (only) 2 parties that have a few power brokers backed by dark money that nobody knows about. Voters are entirely maleable - it just takes publicity campaigns, which require money. And (!), it's not like most voters are well educated or thinking this stuff through. I've written here plenty on the subconscious brain, party identity, partisanship.

I'd welcome a fresh new entrant like Vivek who is unafraid and willing to shake things up! But not Vivek! He's said many things that I thought we just insane. Primarily, he has not rebuked Trump and Trumpism. He says Trump was the greatest president and he, Vivek, simply wants to be even MORE MAGA. Wait, WHAT?????
That's insane!

Trump is a criminal of historic consequence and needs to be removed from political discourse. Any politician who cannot see that and say that is disqualified, and an "idiot", in my book.

There, does that sort of name calling work better for you?? A "name", backed up with a definition?

You are not an idiot because you have experienced a seizure(s). You do have my sympathies there and we have connected on this subject before: my nephew, my neighbor, my grandmother. It's just a medical condition. I wish you all the best! I, too, as a 50-something am past my prime.

If you want to harp on Biden's declining abilities due to his medical condition, let's go over to that thread. But, Vivek is not the answer!

Maybe Newsom will perform well on Hannity with DeSantis and can provide a light. But that "shadow campaign" thread is not yet started here. I think it's Thursday night?

Thank you for taking the time to spell out your position. I appreciate that. BTW, I'm actually doing great. I simply meant I've spent this entire year taking cognitive tests, learning about why I didn't form memories during the years preceding my seizures, etc. I'm by no means a cognitive expert. Vivek may turn out to be a fraud. I too wish he didn't agree with Trump so much. But with many of his positions when you hear the details he has fairly coherent reasons for all of them. He is not like Trump who was all babbling bluster with a history of shady deals and bully tactics. And I'm not convinced that a lack of political experience is a killer especially for someone who seems to be intelligent and willing to course correct when they find out they've made a tactical error. I just found it interesting that Mitt would back any of the Republican candidates except Vivek. And as far as I have seen it wasn't because he lacked experience. I suspect he thinks Vivek would have no chance winning against Biden. At least Mitt doesn't support Trump so he's not yet completely finished his cup of Koolade.
Best wishes.
Tony
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

That's insane!

Thank you for taking the time to spell out your position. I appreciate that. BTW, I'm actually doing great. I simply meant I've spent this entire year taking cognitive tests, learning about why I didn't form memories during the years preceding my seizures, etc. I'm by no means a cognitive expert. Vivek may turn out to be a fraud. I too wish he didn't agree with Trump so much. But with many of his positions when you hear the details he has fairly coherent reasons for all of them. He is not like Trump who was all babbling bluster with a history of shady deals and bully tactics. And I'm not convinced that a lack of political experience is a killer especially for someone who seems to be intelligent and willing to course correct when they find out they've made a tactical error. I just found it interesting that Mitt would back any of the Republican candidates except Vivek. And as far as I have seen it wasn't because he lacked experience. I suspect he thinks Vivek would have no chance winning against Biden. At least Mitt doesn't support Trump so he's not yet completely finished his cup of Koolade.
Best wishes.
Tony
I listened to Vivek a bit at the start and was initially impressed with his speaking skills. But then I suddenly realized that the guy is way to arrogant and a know-it-all (not really, but he thinks he does). That is dangerous because no 1 person can be an expert in all these areas.
I haven't listened to him much, because each time he comes on I suddenly find myself wanting to punch him for... let's just call them "bad takes"... and so I flip the channel.

You know, Mayor Pete is similar in terms of brains and ability to master a debate or discussion. But he's got a WAY nicer personality AND he makes WAY more sense to me. If we were going for someone who simply has brains, I'll take Pete 5 times before Saturday.

Again, anyone who can't figure out (who wasn't able to long ago) that Trump was an incredibly dangerous personality, is by definition OUT in my book. It's a pretty easy arithmetic. As I always advise to folks, don't do yourself the disservice of mentioning at a cocktail party that you could or did stomach Trump and/or MAGA - you never know who will overhear you. It's like a scarlet letter upon your reputation in some circles.
82gradDLSdad
concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

That's insane!

Best wishes.
Tony
I listened to Vivek a bit at the start and was initially impressed with his speaking skills. But then I suddenly realized that the guy is way to arrogant and a know-it-all (not really, but he thinks he does). That is dangerous because no 1 person can be an expert in all these areas.
I haven't listened to him much, because each time he comes on I suddenly find myself wanting to punch him for... let's just call them "bad takes"... and so I flip the channel.

You know, Mayor Pete is similar in terms of brains and ability to master a debate or discussion. But he's got a WAY nicer personality AND he makes WAY more sense to me. If we were going for someone who simply has brains, I'll take Pete 5 times before Saturday.

Again, anyone who can't figure out (who wasn't able to long ago) that Trump was an incredibly dangerous personality, is by definition OUT in my book. It's a pretty easy arithmetic. As I always advise to folks, don't do yourself the disservice of mentioning at a cocktail party that you could or did stomach Trump and/or MAGA - you never know who will overhear you. It's like a scarlet letter upon your reputation in some circles.

This may indicate how little I really know about politics...who is mayor Pete?
concordtom
Pete Buttigieg
United States Secretary of Transportation

From Wikipedia:

Buttigieg is a graduate of Harvard College and the University of Oxford, attending the latter on a Rhodes Scholarship. From 2009 to 2017, he was an intelligence officer in the United States Navy Reserve, attaining the rank of lieutenant. He was mobilized and deployed to the War in Afghanistan for seven months in 2014. Before being elected as mayor of South Bend in 2011, Buttigieg worked on the political campaigns of Democrats Jill Long Thompson, Joe Donnelly, and John Kerry, and ran unsuccessfully as the Democratic nominee for Indiana state treasurer in 2010. While serving as South Bend's mayor, Buttigieg came out as gay in 2015. He married Chasten Glezman, a schoolteacher and writer, in June 2018. Buttigieg declined to seek a third term as mayor.

Buttigieg ran as a candidate for president in the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries, launching his campaign for the 2020 United States presidential election on April 14, 2019. He became one of the first openly gay men to launch a major party presidential campaign. Despite initially low expectations, he gained significant momentum in mid-2019 when he participated in several town hall meetings and television debates. Buttigieg narrowly won the Iowa caucuses and placed a close second in the New Hampshire primary. By winning Iowa, he became the first openly gay candidate to win a presidential primary or caucus. Buttigieg dropped out of the race on March 1, 2020, and endorsed Joe Biden the following day.
82gradDLSdad
concordtom said:

Pete Buttigieg

From Wikipedia:

Buttigieg is a graduate of Harvard College and the University of Oxford, attending the latter on a Rhodes Scholarship. From 2009 to 2017, he was an intelligence officer in the United States Navy Reserve, attaining the rank of lieutenant. He was mobilized and deployed to the War in Afghanistan for seven months in 2014. Before being elected as mayor of South Bend in 2011, Buttigieg worked on the political campaigns of Democrats Jill Long Thompson, Joe Donnelly, and John Kerry, and ran unsuccessfully as the Democratic nominee for Indiana state treasurer in 2010. While serving as South Bend's mayor, Buttigieg came out as gay in 2015. He married Chasten Glezman, a schoolteacher and writer, in June 2018. Buttigieg declined to seek a third term as mayor.

Buttigieg ran as a candidate for president in the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries, launching his campaign for the 2020 United States presidential election on April 14, 2019. He became one of the first openly gay men to launch a major party presidential campaign. Despite initially low expectations, he gained significant momentum in mid-2019 when he participated in several town hall meetings and television debates. Buttigieg narrowly won the Iowa caucuses and placed a close second in the New Hampshire primary. By winning Iowa, he became the first openly gay candidate to win a presidential primary or caucus. Buttigieg dropped out of the race on March 1, 2020, and endorsed Joe Biden the following day.

Oh yah, him.
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

Oh yah, him.

If you compare/contrast oratory skills….

bear2034
concordtom said:

Pete Buttigieg

From Wikipedia:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.