Nearly 500,000 People Left FLORIDA in 2022

742 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by bearister
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gee, I wonder why?

Beautiful weather (aside from horrible humidity), no taxes and lower cost of living.

Yet, 500,000 people left.
Why?

They came for Florida's sun and sand. They got soaring costs and a culture war. (yahoo.com)
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Cal88
From my experience, a lot of covid escapees from NYC and other parts came back after leaving in 20/21.
calpoly
Cal88 said:

From my experience, a lot of covid escapees from NYC and other parts came back after leaving in 20/21.
I am sure everyone on this board really "trusts" your experiences and commentary.
Cal88
calpoly said:

Cal88 said:

I am sure everyone on this board really "trusts" your experiences and commentary.

As they should.

Quote:

Florida ranks #1 in net migration for fifth consecutive year

July 27, 2021

For the fifth consecutive year, Florida ranks in the number one spot for net migration. According to the most current net migration data from the U.S. Census, Florida saw the largest gain of residents between July 2019 and July 2020 with more than 252,700 new residents.

https://tampabayedc.com/news/florida-ranks-1-in-net-migration-for-fifth-consecutive-year/

Florida ranks No. 1 for net migration

Quote:

The Sunshine State has long been a top relocation destination for Americans, and 2022 was no exception. According to StorageCafe, Florida saw a net influx of 238,000 residents that year, putting it in first place in the U.S.

In 2022, the most recent year for which Census data is available, 736,000 people moved to Florida, while 497,000 people left.

https://southfloridaagentmagazine.com/2024/01/31/florida-no-1-for-migration

So it turns out the article that AggroWags posted is complete bunk, focusing on a segment of the 497K Floridians that left, while completely ignoring the 735K who moved in, and using this demographic sleight of hand to push their political narrative.

bear2034
calpoly makes his seasonal post and won't be back until summer.
bearister

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.