Antisemitism in Progressive Berkeley

777 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Big C
NVBear78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why is this sanctioned by the Left?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/19/opinions/holocaust-survivor-on-berkeley-antisemitism-passover-dewitt
bear2034
I don't think they approve...but then again, based on their silence, maybe they do?
Big C

Not that I agree with the way the Israeli Government has handled this, but right now, some of these clowns on college campuses are just trying to show how they "rise up against injustice", basically without understanding the entire situation and its history. (Unfortunately, it was predictable since about October 9th that it would go in this direction... and the injustice is real.)
Palestinian Chicken 1
NVBear78 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/19/opinions/holocaust-survivor-on-berkeley-antisemitism-passover-dewitt
By the way, just so you know, that whole rape story that Jews like Susanne keep repeating was discredited. That's why she was called a liar. Cause she was repeating a lie.

I would be highly suspicious of this latest attempt to resuscitate the rape story with this latest released hostage, given the lies that the New York Times has already been caught in as the public relations arm of the IDF.

They also called "Time" on her during her public comment because public comments at City Council meetings are limited by time so that nobody can hog the podium. Pro-Palestinian speakers who have been attending Council meetings demanding cease fire resolutions from City Councils (which is one of the most performative and least effective ways of protesting the war - the federal government couldn't possibly care less about a resolution from a City Council) are subject to the same speaking restrictions.

The protests at the universities have been far more effective and you can tell because the government is so desperate to stop them that they are sending in the police and national guard to break them up. Worked great during the Vietnam War, so it should work great again.

They're desperate to try and distract people from paying attention to the videos of children getting shot in the head and Israeli snipers shooting civilians that are all over social media, but unfortunately Israel's crimes are out there, verifiable (unlike the rape stories), and have pretty much destroyed Israel's decades-long story of them as the victim. All the AIPAC money in the world won't be able to put that genie back in the bottle.

NVBear78
From an article on Th Hill:

Question 1: On Oct. 7, the terrorist group Hamas slaughtered young Israelis at a music festival as well as other civilians in surrounding communities. They murdered, stabbed, shot, raped, beheaded, burned. They forced children to watch the butchering of parents. They cut off the breasts of women. They killed the defenseless elderly. They abducted and continue to hold innocent civilians hostage.
Did you protest that massacre in the days, weeks, months after Oct. 7. At least once? Did you fly flags, wave banners, demand justice? If not, why not? Why do you protest only Israel?
NVBear78
The Ghoul said:

NVBear78 said:

By the way, just so you know, that whole rape story that Jews like Susanne keep repeating was discredited. That's why she was called a liar. Cause she was repeating a lie.

I would be highly suspicious of this latest attempt to resuscitate the rape story with this latest released hostage, given the lies that the New York Times has already been caught in as the public relations arm of the IDF.

They also called "Time" on her during her public comment because public comments at City Council meetings are limited by time so that nobody can hog the podium. Pro-Palestinian speakers who have been attending Council meetings demanding cease fire resolutions from City Councils (which is one of the most performative and least effective ways of protesting the war - the federal government couldn't possibly care less about a resolution from a City Council) are subject to the same speaking restrictions.

The protests at the universities have been far more effective and you can tell because the government is so desperate to stop them that they are sending in the police and national guard to break them up. Worked great during the Vietnam War, so it should work great again.

They're desperate to try and distract people from paying attention to the videos of children getting shot in the head and Israeli snipers shooting civilians that are all over social media, but unfortunately Israel's crimes are out there, verifiable (unlike the rape stories), and have pretty much destroyed Israel's decades-long story of them as the victim. All the AIPAC money in the world won't be able to put that genie back in the bottle.

Wait, are are you saying there were not rapes and atrocities on October 7? Really.
tequila4kapp
NVBear78 said:

The Ghoul said:

NVBear78 said:

Wait, are are you planning there were not rapes and atrocities on October 7? Really.
Also, the Holocaust is a hoax and Hitler is misunderstood. Whatever may have happened to Jews back then, they had it coming (just like now)
Palestinian Chicken 2
tequila4kapp said:

NVBear78 said:

The Ghoul said:

NVBear78 said:

Wait, are are you planning there were not rapes and atrocities on October 7? Really.
Also, the Holocaust is a hoax and Hitler is misunderstood. Whatever may have happened to Jews back then, they had it coming (just like now)
Straw man arguments do not impress me.

Since you seem tragically misinformed about Israel propaganda, I may as well break some other bad news to you guys about other stuff they told you that wasn't true.

tequila4kapp
I see you are still relying on your X echo chamber sources to justify your preconceived anti-Israel positions. Very persuasive. Carry on.
calbear93
My general feeling is that, despite their claim on how progressive they are, the far left tribes are OK with discrimination and racism, as long as they can still rationalize their fake superiority. So, discrimination against Jews, Christians, Catholics, Whites and Asians are generally OK if not encouraged. Like the far right on law and order, protection of life, and morality, the far left tribes have selective outrage on bigotry and racism.
NVBear78
The Ghoul said:

tequila4kapp said:

NVBear78 said:

The Ghoul said:

NVBear78 said:

Since you seem tragically misinformed about Israel propaganda, I may as well break some other bad news to you guys about other stuff they told you that wasn't true.

How many young Israeli's attending a musical festival were murdered?
How many of these festival goers were raped?
How many festival goers were taken hostage?
How many Israelis children saw their parents murdered in front of them?

In what world are any of these things OK?
Palestinian Chicken 2
NVBear78 said:

The Ghoul said:

tequila4kapp said:

NVBear78 said:

The Ghoul said:

NVBear78 said:

How many young Israeli's attending a musical festival were murdered?
How many of these festival goers were raped?
How many festival goers were taken hostage?
How many Israelis children saw their parents murdered in front of them?

In what world are any of these things OK?
Do you have the same level of compassion for all the Palestinian children who have been shot in the head and the non-combatant civilians, or does that only extend to Israelis?

Even though you pulled the typical Zionist whataboutism move there, I don't support murdering civilians at a music festival. But I also don't support Israeli open air prisons and apartheid and when you suffer under that, armed resistance is not a surprise. Hasn't worked out though for the people who live in Gaza though.

Hopefully, Israel unmasking themselves and showing the world their true face will lead to the people starting to realize that we shouldn't send them a dime or a single bomb anymore.
NVBear78
I hope nobody here support the murders by Hamas. There is one people group who would like to have peace and another that wants to wipe them out and their leadership uses their children and civilians as pawns.

As Thomas Friedman quoted in his book From Beirut to Jerusalem "Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate jews"
Big C

I take everything I hear -- even the supposed first-hand accounts -- with a grain of salt. I feel like I'm only sure of 3 things:

1. Prior to October 7th, the situation in the "Holy Land" has always been extremely complicated and filled with strife, as two different peoples (more actually) seek out territory on land they consider sacred.

2. Hamas made a surprise, horrific terrorist attack on Israel on October 7th. And Hamas members (and sympathizers) are embedded in Gaza.

3. The Israeli government's response to the attack has not been surgical enough, nor has it been at all proportionate. It has not been appropriate, neither for humanitarian reasons, nor political reasons. Very poorly handled.

Where do they go from here? I have absolutely no idea, but people who protest should be clear that they are protesting the actions of the Israeli government and should be really careful that it doesn't come off as anti-Semitism, because Jews have been persecuted and oppressed throughout modern history.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.