Davis Webb hired as Denver Broncos QB coach

2,183 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ninetyfourbear
BearSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congratulations to him.
BearoutEast67
Roll on you Bears!
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
GoBears89
Wow! I'm guessing it's rare to become an NFL position coach a month after you're done playing? Good for him! GO BEARS!!
GoBears89
And it's interesting that his first coaching gig will be to get Russell Wilson back on track… A true test.
okaydo
Webb will have to compete with Wilson's personal coach, who almost played for Cal.
okaydo
GoBears89 said:

Wow! I'm guessing it's rare to become an NFL position coach a month after you're done playing? Good for him! GO BEARS!!

1. Profiles of Webb always revealed he was mainly an obsessive, note-taking over-prepared coach.

2. He may have the right "look" for the job.

3. His former teammate is considered the NFL's best QB and is a divisional rival. So he may provide insight into that.
HearstMining
This will be a challenge for Webb, to be sure. Wilson is a sharp, talented guy with pretty healthy ego, from what I've read about him Webb will have to earn his respect in order to be effective.
calumnus
HearstMining said:

This will be a challenge for Webb, to be sure. Wilson is a sharp, talented guy with pretty healthy ego, from what I've read about him Webb will have to earn his respect in order to be effective.

As a young QB turned QB coach, working with an experienced veteran QB, he is going to need to go in and establish a collaborative relationship with the understanding that there is a lot that Wilson can teach HIM about the position. The objective needs to be bringing what they both know to make Wilson better (more like Mahomes?). It will definitely be a challenge but if Webb can negotiate this and be successful he will be well established on the path to Air Raid OC and NFL HC that is able to work with top QBs.
okaydo
okaydo
ninetyfourbear
He'll be working for Sean Payton so hopefully he gets some good training to develop as a coach. New Broncos owner is the son of Sam Walton and worth $60B and is also related by marriage to the Rams owner. He's probably very interested in putting together a good organization to win Super Bowls. I hope that works in Webb's favor.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.