Cal Football 2023 Trading Cards - available starting with Auburn game

3,006 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by JTfromClash
Sebastabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am pleased to announce that the California Legends Collective has again created a series of playing cards featuring the players of the 2023 Cal football team. Every player who has registered with us will be featured and all will receive 100% of the profits generated from these sales.

Every pack will contain cards from 14 players, randomly selected. Every 10th pack will also contain a special metallic card signed by one of our star players. Buyers won't know which player has a card in which pack, or which pack has a special collector's edition metallic card, until after they open the pack.

In addition, this year random packs will also contain special redemption cards for Beastmode/Cal prizes. Lucky fans will receive a redemption card featuring Jaydn Ott and Marshawn Lynch that they can exchange for a limited edition t-shirt, hoodie or (drum roll please) autographed cleats signed by Marshawn Lynch and Jaydn Ott. Get pumped!!! As always, we would like to thank Marshawn and the entire BeastMode team for their amazing support and partnership. They are so important for everything we do.

We will have the cards available for sale starting at the Auburn game on September 9 at a table located toward the north side of Goldman Plaza. Look for the big California Legends banner. We probably won't have them in the kiosk being run by Follett with the tent so don't look for them there. Onit (the guys who produced the cards) will also be selling the cards for us online and shipping them starting September 15. Here's a link where you can pre-order them now.

https://onitathlete.com/products/preorder-california-golden-bears%C2%AE-nil-football-2023-whole-team-trading-card-series

Price will be $15.00 per pack (including taxes). Buy multiple packs! Collect them all!

Below is an image of the card packs and the special redemption cards. Let me preempt the feedback I am about to receive by noting the following. Yes, that is Jaydn's number from last year not this year. It was the image we had to work with. I think we are fixing this for the online order cards, but for the original packs for sale now will show the number six. Second, yes it would be nice if the words "California Legends" appeared on the pack, but whatever. I am trying to not micro manage everything personally and that comes with some consequences.

Go Bears!

CNHTH
Just bought a couple packs
75bear
Awesome, thanks for doing this again! My Jadyn Ott rookie card from last year definitely needs a sophomore Ott card to keep it company.

And no worries on your small nitpicks - don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good (I need to remind myself of this more than I care to admit!).
KoreAmBear
Preordered!
Basketball Bear
I am willing to trade my doubles.
philbert
Basketball Bear said:

I am willing to trade my doubles.
I still need to finish my set from last year.
Sebastabear
Want to make sure people are seeing the fact that the card packs include prize giveaways. In particular the chance to win autographed cleats from Jaydn and Marshawn. I know I kind of buried that one.

Buy lots!!
AZ Bear
I love this idea! Player cards will be a great way for kids to enjoy the games more (as they become more familiar with the players) and also to build memories that will help turn them into lifelong fans. I just bought 8 packs for my boys (and me!).

Do we know how many different cards are in the entire set?
Sebastabear
AZ Bear said:

I love this idea! Player cards will be a great way for kids to enjoy the games more (as they become more familiar with the players) and also to build memories that will help turn them into lifelong fans. I just bought 8 packs for me boys (and me!).

Do we know how many different cards are in the entire set?
I'll have to publish the entire roster of people we made cards for at some point. It's almost everyone. But we could only make them for players who created accounts with us (and thereby gave us their license) so it's not everyone. Tons of time spent begging, cajoling and pleading with players to do this. But these are busy guys. A few slipped through the cracks.
StillNoStanfurdium
Sebastabear said:

Want to make sure people are seeing the fact that the card packs include prize giveaways. In particular the chance to win autographed cleats from Jaydn and Marshawn. I know I kind of buried that one.

Buy lots!!
I think that's a very cool new wrinkle to add to these packs. Glad to see it continuing! I am curious as to whether you can divulge the odds of those giveaway cards like you've mentioned the odds of the special player cards.
89Bear
Sebastabear said:

Buy lots!!
The cleats are an insane prize!!!
YuSeeBerkeley
Imagine if we had this back when we had Aaron Rodgers and Marshawn Lynch. That would've been so awesome. I just ordered 7 packs.
Sebastabear
Slight change of plans for the location of the card sales. We are still going to be on Goldman Plaza tomorrow, but they are making us move because where we were last time is a fire lane (see how much fun I'm having)?

Attaching a map. We are in the red circle, bottom right. Hope this works.

Sebastabear
StillNoStanfurdium said:

Sebastabear said:

Buy lots!!
I think that's a very cool new wrinkle to add to these packs. Glad to see it continuing! I am curious as to whether you can divulge the odds of those giveaway cards like you've mentioned the odds of the special player cards.
There are 10 sets of cleats, 25 hoodies and 25 signature t-shirts. 500 signature cards. You could even wind up with both in a pack (although that would be pretty lucky). 5,000 packs total being produced for the first run.
75bear
Sebastabear said:

StillNoStanfurdium said:

Sebastabear said:

Buy lots!!
There are 10 sets of cleats, 25 hoodies and 25 signature t-shirts. 500 signature cards. You could even wind up with both in a pack (although that would be pretty lucky). 5,000 packs total being produced for the first run.
I like my chances!
StillNoStanfurdium
Sebastabear said:

Slight change of plans for the location of the card sales. We are still going to be on Goldman Plaza tomorrow, but they are making us move because where we were last time is a fire lane (see how much fun I'm having)?

Surely there'd be space where the FTX tent used to be.
75bear
StillNoStanfurdium said:

Sebastabear said:

Surely there'd be space where the FTX tent used to be.
Too soon
harebear
Bump. (Buy some before I buy them all!)
Basketball Bear

Just got mine in the mail today!
Got 5 doubles, including a Jackson Sirmon.
Sebastabear
So a slight change of plans on our sales for the remainder of the season.

Original plan was to sell the cards all season at the games. But honestly, this was a bit of a cluster, having nothing to do with Cal - well nothing other than the fact that they moved our table to next to the Auburn entrance but that was a relatively minor issue. Won't bore you with all the details but to suffice it to say the cost/benefit analysis for the collective was not really there for this. Businesses need to be able to pivot, and we are pivoting.

So we will be selling them online for the remainder of the season and also at the stadium for the 'SC game.

Really appreciate the support for those who bought some regardless. Hope you liked them.

Thank you
KoreAmBear
Basketball Bear said:

Anyone got a merch or autograph hit? I got like 3 Mavin Andersons.
Sebastabear
KoreAmBear said:

Basketball Bear said:

Anyone got a merch or autograph hit? I got like 3 Mavin Andersons.
I got an autographed Nohl Williams, which was cool. And for the record, no I did not go full Veruca Salt to get this. I just bought a few packs and opened them like everyone else. Someone of the Insider board mentioned they got a signed Brett Johnson, which would be awesome.
Sebastabear
With apologies for the delay (a few other items with the program have sucked up my time as of late), here is the punch list of our player trading cards for those trying to complete the set. Reminder we will be selling these in person at the USC game or you can order online with the link above.

Sebastabear
So it looks like we will be able to do in person sales at the USC game. Look for the table with the trading card sign on Goldman plaza. Buy them all!
Sebastabear
Bump the reminder. We should be set up by noon and will continue sales at least through halftime.
philbert
Posted this on the Insider Board and figured I'd post it here too:

In case anyone is still trying to collect the autographed cards, ONIT sent out an email that there are special platinum packages that guarantee an autographed card. But if you goto the website, it states:

GUARANTEED AUTOGRAPH IN EVERY PACK

https://onitathlete.com/products/california-golden-bears%C2%AE-nil-football-2023-whole-team-trading-card-series

Anyway, this tips it and I'm gonna order some more packs.

Also, I'm using this opportunity to try bump this post and try to trade for the cards I still need to complete my sets (although I should probably wait until after I get my new cards, but whatever.)

Let's trade and help each other out.

2023 Cards Needed
Regular Blue Border Cards
Nate Escalada (38)
Zurich Ashford (52)
Kaleb Elarms-Orr (53)

Yellow Border Cards
Mavin Anderson

Presale Blackout Cards (silver lettering)
Mavin Anderson

2022 cards needed
11 Tyson McWilliams
30 Dario Longhetto
36 Nick Lopez
41 Champion Johnson
43 Malcolm McClure
46 Sam Ross
57 Ieremia Ieremia
65 Dylan Jemtegaard
94 Gunnar Rask

philbert
An update for anyone that bought the "guaranteed autograph in every pack" promotion above. Onit sent out old packs that do not have autographs in every pack. Please reach out to their customer service and let them know. They said they would send the autographed cards out later. (I had to send them a picture of the packs for verification)

Also, I only need one more 2023 card to complete my set. Let's trade and help each other out finish our sets! I have lots of extras and can give you more cards in return for the Mavin Anderson. Let me know.

2023 Cards Needed

Gold/Yellow Border Cards
Mavin Anderson

2022 cards needed (may as well include these too)
11 Tyson McWilliams
30 Dario Longhetto
36 Nick Lopez
41 Champion Johnson
43 Malcolm McClure
57 Ieremia Ieremia
94 Gunnar Rask
philbert
It looks like Onit sold out of the 2023 packs. Congrats to Sebasta.

As for me, I finished my set. Thanks to all who traded with me. Since I bought a whole bunch of extra cards before xmas, I decided to try and build a 2nd set and sell it with the proceeds going to Calegends for NIL. I only need 3 cards to finish this set.

If you traded with me before, I likely have new cards that I didn't have before. Let me know what you need and we can help each other out.

2023 Cards Needed

Gold Border
Matthew Cindric

Blue Border
Patrick McMorris (9)
RJ Stephens (93)

For my personal set

If anyone that wants to trade autograph cards, I have 2 extra Cindric and 2 extra Brett Johnson autograph cards to trade.

I am looking for autograph cards from Woodson, Hunter, Anderson, and Endries

Also still looking for 2022 cards.

2022 cards needed
11 Tyson McWilliams
30 Dario Longhetto
36 Nick Lopez
41 Champion Johnson
43 Malcolm McClure
57 Ieremia Ieremia
94 Gunnar Rask

JTfromClash
I bought two autographed packs for Xmas. One came with an Endries autograph but the other did not come with one. So I contacted Onit like others suggested. Last week I finally got another pack and an Ott autographed card!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.