Sad News - Mike Montgomery's Daughter

1,990 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by AXLBear
TheFiatLux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't know how many of you knew Mike Montgomery's daughter Annie, but after a four+ year battle with cancer, her body finally gave out this weekend. She was a fun, vivacious person who was just as nice as could be. I met Annie when Monty became our head coach and she and I would often sit together at away games. My favorite moments with her were at some Thanksgiving tournament in Anaheim where I was riding a ref, in a fun way, and she and Sarah hugged me after the game and Monty cracked up about it. And our game in Tucson in 2013 where we upset them, and Annie and I were about the only two people jumping and standing in McKale after each shot Cal made on our way to upsetting them. It was always charming to see the different side of Monty when he was with Annie and then as a proud grandpa.

Annie leaves behind two beautiful daughters and her husband, and of course her parents Mike and Sarah, and her brother John. Please take a moment of reflection for the Montgomery and Clausen families.

bearsandgiants
Thank you for posting. Tearing up in the dentist office right now. How profoundly sad.
AXLBear
Rough. Life sure ain't fair
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.