UC Davis game TV situation

3,486 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by cal83dls79
TouchedTheAxeIn82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll be at the game but I thought this was worth a thread because people are going to have questions this week.

At the moment it looks like the game will be streaming only on ACCNx / ESPN+. So what does that mean? I believe ACCNx is the name of the streaming portion of ACCN. And I see that I can access ACCNx content on my ESPN app. I do not pay for ESPN+.

So my question is, will the UC Davis game be available on the ESPN app without having a subscription to ESPN+?

Also, are we sure that the game won't be on TV locally?
oregoncalbear
Hopefully we can pack the stands for Acc tv.
brevity
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

So my question is, will the UC Davis game be available on the ESPN app without having a subscription to ESPN+?

Yes. We discussed this topic at length in a previous thread.

If your TV provider gives you access to the ACC Network, then you should be able to watch streaming ACCNX content on your device (smart TV, computer, tablet, etc). You do not need ESPN+, but if you have ESPN+, you can watch the game as well.

Now that we're only a week away, ESPN Watch has the streaming links to the UC Davis game:

Click here to watch on ACCNX
Click here if you have ESPN+

I have signed in using my cable provider credentials and have access to ACCNX. When I click the first link above, I get this screen:

Well, I tried to upload an image. Basically it says that the game hasn't started yet -- obviously -- but that "You have access to stream this content". By checking this in advance, I won't have to worry about any last-minute problems on game day.

McUrsine
I won't be able to watch this first game live, and watch a lot of games recorded on my Dish DVR. Can I assume that the game can be replayed on these streaming services?
72CalBear
brevity said:

TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

Yes. We discussed this topic at length in a previous thread.

If your TV provider gives you access to the ACC Network, then you should be able to watch streaming ACCNX content on your device (smart TV, computer, tablet, etc). You do not need ESPN+, but if you have ESPN+, you can watch the game as well.

Now that we're only a week away, ESPN Watch has the streaming links to the UC Davis game:

Click here to watch on ACCNX
Click here if you have ESPN+

I have signed in using my cable provider credentials and have access to ACCNX. When I click the first link above, I get this screen:

Well, I tried to upload an image. Basically it says that the game hasn't started yet -- obviously -- but that "You have access to stream this content". By checking this in advance, I won't have to worry about any last-minute problems on game day.

Thanks again for this!

sycasey
McUrsine said:

I won't be able to watch this first game live, and watch a lot of games recorded on my Dish DVR. Can I assume that the game can be replayed on these streaming services?

My listing shows that it will be replayed on ACC Network (the standard channel) on Tuesday. So you can get a recording of it then.

Otherwise, I think you should also be able to stream replays of it by logging into the ESPN app with your Dish user ID.
McUrsine
Thanks…hopefully the replay wil be available right after the game ends!
Vandalus
YouTube TV is broadcasting it live if I'm not mistaken, or at least, that's what it seems like when I did a search for the game.

If not, I guess I'll be logging into the ESPN+ app.
~Spectemur agendo~
okaydo
Vandalus said:

YouTube TV is broadcasting it live if I'm not mistaken, or at least, that's what it seems like when I did a search for the game.

The game is on at 10 p.m. on Sept. 3, right?

Cal_NCian
Yes, games can be rewatched on ACCNX shortly after the game ends.
sycasey
okaydo said:

Vandalus said:

The game is on at 10 p.m. on Sept. 3, right?

This is what I was referring to when I talked about the Tuesday replay on ACC Network.
BTownsend
Works on DirecTV Stream! Thank you for the info. I was planning to subscribe to ESPN+, but now I don't need to.

okaydo
I'm planning to watch Tuesday night. Hopefully, BI won't have any spoilers.
JB was a Chieftain
okaydo said:

Jimmy K got us a sweet deal. A Tues night 10pm game. Numbers will be through the roof.
calbearsfaninsac
For those without espn+, I've been able to watch pretty much every game on YouTube through someone streaming. Hopefully those same people will be streaming the Cal game for those not able to attend or get access.
AunBear89
Roxy B on the call for ACCNX/ESPN+

https://calbears.com/news/2024/8/27/football-bears-host-aggies-in-season-opener.aspx
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
kal kommie
God, I already miss the TV set up we had in the Pac-12
GoOskie
okaydo said:

Cal won by 4 TDs. Sorry. I'm from the future.
Strykur
kal kommie said:

You mean the one most of us were never able to watch?
sycasey
Strykur said:

kal kommie said:

You mean the one most of us were never able to watch?
Seriously. We'll have one game that's streaming only (and for most of the country that didn't get Pac-12 Bay Area, it basically would have been before anyway), and the rest will be far more visible.
HateRed
So, I can watch the ACC Network on YouTube tv but I don't know who to access the ACCNetwork extra on YouTube tv. HELP….
sycasey
HateRed said:

So, I can watch the ACC Network on YouTube tv but I don't know who to access the ACCNetwork extra on YouTube tv. HELP….

Get the ESPN app and login with your YouTube credentials. You can watch it there.
Big C
kal kommie said:

Seriously. I never once had even the tiniest problem finding and watching any Cal Football or Cal Basketball game. Of course, I had to be a Comcast subscriber, but otherwise, it was hassle-free.

Looks like there will be various ways for me to watch the game today, but I'm going to need to try this and that... and won't be 100% sure what works until the game starts.
okaydo
sycasey said:

HateRed said:

Get the ESPN app and login with your YouTube credentials. You can watch it there.

okay, i got it.
cal83dls79
This is pathetic. Have you ever tried KGO stream? Clown show. I can watch delay on ACC but can we get a radio feed?
It's horrible
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.