Good Luck, Cal, from Big Orange Country!

1,124 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by BearBoarBlarney
VolunteerReverie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Afternoon, Bears! I apologize for not being around more often than I would like; life's just been crazy for me lately.

Anyway… just wanted to pop in and wish all of you and the Cal Bears nothing but the best this season! I must say, it'll be very weird watching them play this year as members of the ACC. I have my opinions on that, and to prevent myself from going on a soapbox nobody has time for, suffice it to say that I don't like it. Cal, Stanford, and SMU playing in the ACC makes no geographical sense at all. But I digress…

Our season got off to a great start; hoping Cal's does, as well. Good luck and beat Davis!
bencgilmore
thanks dude. good win for the Vols today
chazzed
It's good to see you, VolunteerReverie. Hard to believe our squads last faced off seventeen years ago. Good luck this season!
01Bear
chazzed said:

It's good to see you, VolunteerReverie. Hard to believe our squads last faced off seventeen years ago. Good luck this season!

Has the Pain Train been gone for that long? Wow! Time flew!
chazzed
01Bear said:

chazzed said:

You know what they say about the passage of time when having fun.
01Bear
chazzed said:

01Bear said:

chazzed said:

You know what they say about the passage of time when having fun.

True. But I think it's more likely I'm repressing memories of the Cal Football years between Zack Follett and now.
chazzed
LOL
TomBear

Good to hear from you again VolunteerReverie and thanks for the encouragement.

Want to commend your school for your field at Neyland. I got a personal tour of Neyland from a member of the AD last fall and that field is FAST and beautiful. By far the fastest and best football field I've been on in years. We're stuck with plastic at Memorial Stadium. I wish we had your grass at our stadium.

Two questions: I occasionally visit Vol Nation. But I know there are 3 other boards, and I'm curious as to which you prefer.

Second question: About 15-20 years ago I had a Tennessee hat that had a little button on it that played "Rocky Top". It was awesome. I wore it for years until it finally wore out and I've been unable to find a replacement since that time. I looked for it at the Vols Shop on campus, and have looked on a few other sources, but haven't found one available anywhere. By any chance, have you ever seen a hat like that? If so, where can I order one? I need one to go with my Vols shirts.

Good luck against NC State. The Pack doesn't look as formidable as everyone thought they were a couple of weeks ago. Unless the WolfPack pick up their game pretty substantially, I expect the Vols to have the issue pretty well settled by the end of the second quarter.
BearBoarBlarney
Were you the Vol fan who was contemplating transferring to Berkeley or maybe it was grad school? I might have you confused with another good Vol poster from way back when.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.