Palm Springs area viewing

2,425 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by rathokan
sp4149
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm going to be in the Palm Springs-La Quinta area for the Utah game.
Are there any sports bar where the "Bears in the Desert" gather for the game?
SurvivorOf1and10fkaLEA
You're not gonna see it live unless you get on the Pac-12 network online. It is not going to be on the Pac-12 national channel. It's only playing live on Pac-12 Bay Area and Pac-12 Mountain.

Short answer: There won't be any sports bars.

Also, why (potentially) ruin a wonder weekend in Palm Springs? Take a dip, enjoy some golf, and have a date shake.
swong99
The two big sports bar that I know of that have the Pac12 Network are The Beer Hunter in La Quinta (corner of Hwy 111 and Washington) and Buffalo Wild Wings in Palm Desert (corner of Hwy 111 & Monterey at the Westfield Mall).

I don't know that they have access to the Pac12 Network for all regions. Looks like the LA and National channels won't have the game on until 9:45 PM. If you have access to a Time Warner account, you can view the game on the Pac 12 Bay Area network online. TWC out here is part of TWC San Diego.
CalBear68
Agree with swong. It's slim pickin's for sports bars in the area. Your best bet is the Beer Hunter. Call them and see if they get it. If not, you may be SOL.
sp4149
swong99;841987087 said:

The two big sports bar that I know of that have the Pac12 Network are The Beer Hunter in La Quinta (corner of Hwy 111 and Washington) and Buffalo Wild Wings in Palm Desert (corner of Hwy 111 & Monterey at the Westfield Mall).

I don't know that they have access to the Pac12 Network for all regions. Looks like the LA and National channels won't have the game on until 9:45 PM. If you have access to a Time Warner account, you can view the game on the Pac 12 Bay Area network online. TWC out here is part of TWC San Diego.

I'm visiting my mother who lives near 50th and Washington in La Quinta. She has Time Warner cable and TW Road Runner ISP. In Chula Vista I have Cox Cable and Cox Hi-Speed ISP, do they access the PAC12 Bay Area network online? TW and Road Runner have hosed her Internet service again, part of the reason for the trip. Would be nice to have a back-up plan if T-W fails. T-W screwed up the passwords for her ISP access to her account during installation for her wireless network. Any special tricks to get into the PAC-12 online?
swong99
There are 2 ways to view the pac 12 network (all regions) online down here. The first is to go to TWCTV.com, create a login, sign on and click on LiveTV option. All of the Pac12 network channels will appear. I have basic Roadrunner internet access and was able to get in to view. You have to be linked with the TWC Roadrunner to access the network this way. So long as she has an account with Time Warner she can create a login.

When I'm on the road for work, i can access the network through pac-12.com. Their site will prompt you to select a provider. Just select Time Warner Cable and enter the same login information that you created at the TWCTV site. You will be able to select any of the Pac12 networks to view.

Basically all you need is an internet access somewhere to create a login for your mom's TWC account. There are tons of places down here with free wifi.
Optimistic Bear
I watched the ASU game this year at a bar in downtown Palm Springs, and I am like 99% sure Scarlett's mom was there for like a B-day party for her, especially when she and her group when crazy when he got a sack... but honestly I don't think they watched most of the game, but good luck finding a place with time warner
rathokan
I believe you should be able to access the game through Pac-12 live using your Cox sign in.

sp4149;841987099 said:

I'm visiting my mother who lives near 50th and Washington in La Quinta. She has Time Warner cable and TW Road Runner ISP. In Chula Vista I have Cox Cable and Cox Hi-Speed ISP, do they access the PAC12 Bay Area network online? TW and Road Runner have hosed her Internet service again, part of the reason for the trip. Would be nice to have a back-up plan if T-W fails. T-W screwed up the passwords for her ISP access to her account during installation for her wireless network. Any special tricks to get into the PAC-12 online?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.