Chicago Bears' New Slogan

6,421 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by txwharfrat
CalBearinLA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Look familiar?

okaydo
Last Saturday, I searched "Gobears" on Twitter, and that was the most commonly used hashtag among Cal fans.

Not #Calfootball or #CalBears or #UCBerkeley.

Problem is, many schools are the Bears.

ColoradoBear
can we trademark 'go bears'?
NYCGOBEARS
Twitter also sold it's soul to the big $ NFL.
Cal88
They should stick to their old schtick...

okaydo

AOPiBear04
I was *****ing about it this morning on Twitter. All I want is for them to prevent the emoji integration on Saturdays. That's it. It's easy to do (because I have forced them to do it before for Copa).

I've been cc'ing @TwitterSports but Cal Twitter needs to get behind the movement. Also tagged CalFootball and Cal Athletics. Also apparently UC Berkeley owns the copyright to Go Bears.

Twitter is seriously a slave to the money- those hashtags cost $1 million each.

a7051
Chicago should just go with #BearDown they use it all the time already, and then UofA can deal with them
okaydo
Wait Cal owns the Go Bears trademark?!?!?!

http://www.trademarkia.com/go-bears-86159764.html

socaliganbear
The word on the street is they do.
Redonkulous Bear

Quote:

The following trademarks may also be used when referring to the University of California programs and/or the campus: "Golden Bears" (the team name), "Go Bears!," "Bear Territory," or "This is Bear Territory." The preceding names and phrases are trademarks of the University of California Berkeley, and property of the UC Regents.

http://bcbp.berkeley.edu/sites/default/files/TrademarkGuidelinesAndRequirements0102207.pdf
FuzzyWuzzy
Redonkulous Bear said:

Quote:

The following trademarks may also be used when referring to the University of California programs and/or the campus: "Golden Bears" (the team name), "Go Bears!," "Bear Territory," or "This is Bear Territory." The preceding names and phrases are trademarks of the University of California Berkeley, and property of the UC Regents.

http://bcbp.berkeley.edu/sites/default/files/TrademarkGuidelinesAndRequirements0102207.pdf
After a win, every Cal fan in the stadium/arena should be required to give $1 to the guy who brought the "Bear Territory" chant to Cal. Poor guy had no idea what he was starting.
AOPiBear04
Seriously gang, all we need is a call to Twitter HQ from Amy Trask (NFL cred )and Mike Williams (AD power), and I'm sure they would compromise (threat of a lawsuit works wonders). We can't be subjected to this all season.

#GoBearsIsTrademarkedByCal is the best we can do on the hashtag front right now.
TouchedTheAxeIn82
CaliforniaEternal
Lawyers on this board, make yourselves useful because I'm getting tired of seeing that lame Chicago C.
okaydo
If only there was somebody who was connected to Cal AND Twitter....

bearsandgiants
i never really got "bear down." it's clever, but more so as something their opponents would use. i could see stanfurd using it.
Fyght4Cal
bearsandgiants said:

i never really got "bear down." it's clever, but more so as something their opponents would use. i could see stanfurd using it.

I guess you've never been pregnant. Or constipated.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
socaliganbear
I'm sure that he university is dealing with it already, but I'd like to see a statement.
okaydo

okaydo
NYCGOBEARS
Even the Chicago media agrees that we own "Go Bears!"

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/twitter-trolls-chicago-bears-uc-berkeley-trademark-go-bears/
txwharfrat
Does any INSIDER know if the University, AD, or Regents are going to address this? Trademarks need to be protected relentlessly and aggressively. This is part of "going all in" on successful athletics and specifically football. The typical laissez-faire UC approach won't work here.
socaliganbear
The Chicago logo is GONE!
NYCGOBEARS
socaliganbear said:

The Chicago logo is GONE!

Yes!
txwharfrat
Nice work Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.