Let's Pick the Pac-12 Games: Week 12

3,264 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by heartofthebear
UrsusTexicanus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Broke even last week at 3-3, keeping my season total at a still sad 32-33-1. In hopes of at least getting above .500, here's a new round of fearless prognostications. Link to last week is here, https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/76634 Home team in italics.

Mutts 7 over Furd: So Bryce Love rips off a 52 yard TD run, then averages a sparkling yard per carry for the rest of the game. He may still not be recovered, though naturally he'll be in the pink of health for the Big Game. Anyway, taking the flea bitten butt sniffers to go rabid pit bull and cover.

Wazoo 1 over Mormon Marauders: Tough call since Puddytat's QB is healthy but game is on the road. This will be a tough game, and probably not that high scoring. But, taking the Cougs to cover.

U$C 13.5 over Colorado: Condoms will win, but taking Ralphie to gore Traveler and beat the spread.

Mildcats 23 over River Rats: This won't be close, kittens cover with ease. For a bowl game, who wants Zona vs. Louisville? Khalil Tate vs. Lamar Jackson. That'd be a show and half.

Spawn of Satan PK vs. bRuins: So it's a coin flip. Does Rosen pack it in for UCLA and get healthy for the draft? If he does, then it's Devil's Rejects with an easy win. If he decides to put on the baby blue again, I'm still taking the guys with the pitchforks, though it will be a much closer game.

Cal vs. BYE: Should be an easy win. BYE has no offense, no defense, no band and believe it or not, even fewer fans than Furd. Only challenge is their uniforms that look exactly like astroturf, making it hard to follow the action.

Rubber Duckies vs. BYE: After getting mauled by us, BYE zips up north hoping for better results. Quackers blow late lead because of looking ahead to Oregon State and last chance for a bowl.

Yogi58
You seem to have trouble with the concept of the push. Pushes are neither wins nor losses. WSU was favored by 3 over Stanford and won by 3. That's a tie.

Cal 9 over OSU. That's a win for you.
Utah 5 over UCLA. That's a win for you.
Oregon +26.5 vs Washington. That's a loss for you.
Colorado +7.5 vs.ASU . That's a loss for you.
Arizona +9 vs. USC. That's a loss for you

Your record is 2-3-1, not 3-3.
Yogi58
I was 2-3-1, bringing me to 6-10-2.

Washington 7 over Stanford
WSU 1 over Utah
USC 13.5 over Colorado
Arizona 23 over OSU
UCLA PK over ASU because home team and not because I like anything about UCLA
UrsusTexicanus
Yogi Bear said:

You seem to have trouble with the concept of the push. Pushes are neither wins nor losses. WSU was favored by 3 over Stanford and won by 3. That's a tie.

That was embarrassing. Good catch. Thanks.
Yogi58
UrsusTexicanus said:

Yogi Bear said:

That was embarrassing. Good catch. Thanks.
No problem. Thanks for continuing to post these threads.
wifeisafurd
UrsusTexicanus said:

Broke even last week at 3-3, keeping my season total at a still sad 32-33-1. In hopes of at least getting above .500, here's a new round of fearless prognostications. Link to last week is here, https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/76634 Home team in italics.

Mutts 7 over Furd: So Bryce Love rips off a 52 yard TD run, then averages a sparkling yard per carry for the rest of the game. He may still not be recovered, though naturally he'll be in the pink of health for the Big Game. Anyway, taking the flea bitten butt sniffers to go rabid pit bull and cover.

Wazoo 1 over Mormon Marauders: Tough call since Puddytat's QB is healthy but game is on the road. This will be a tough game, and probably not that high scoring. But, taking the Cougs to cover.

U$C 13.5 over Colorado: Condoms will win, but taking Ralphie to gore Traveler and beat the spread.

Mildcats 23 over River Rats: This won't be close, kittens cover with ease. For a bowl game, who wants Zona vs. Louisville? Khalil Tate vs. Lamar Jackson. That'd be a show and half.

Spawn of Satan NL vs. bRuins: Will update when odds come out. Rosen's status has this one up in the air.

Cal vs. BYE: Should be an easy win. BYE has no offense, no defense, no band and believe it or not, even fewer fans than Furd. Only challenge is their uniforms that look exactly like astroturf, making it hard to follow the action.

Rubber Duckies vs. BYE: After getting mauled by us, BYE zips up north hoping for better results. Quackers blow late lead because of looking ahead to Oregon State and last chance for a bowl.

broke even again: 2-2 and still a miserable 3 games below 500%. Ugh.

Mutts
Cougs (they can actually tackle running backs, unlike UCLA)
Condoms
ASU/UCLA TBD
Cal needs bye to improve student attendance
Yogi58
wifeisafurd said:

You only picked 3 games and one of your TBD games was a push.
UrsusTexicanus
Updated UCLA vs. ASU, though with it being a PK, not much of an update.
chalcidbear
Last week I went a miserable 2-3-1, so I'm now at 29-34-3 for the season. Oh for those glorious days of 2 weeks ago, when I was at .500. Well, hoping to regain this former glory, I choose:

Washington @ Stanford: Why is the line so small for this contest? The Huskies, except for one hiccup against ASU, are looking just fine, whereas, Stanford could barely eke by OSU, and lost a close one to WSU. Even if Love is fully recovered, this should not be close: Washington to win and cover.

WSU @ Utah: It looks like Falk has recovered from the setback of 2 weeks ago, and the whole Cougar team had a workmanlike performance against the Cardinal. And while Utah did beat UCLA, that was without Rosen tossing the pigskin. It certainly looks to be a close contest, but I think the Cougs will pull it off.

USC @ Colorado: Let's see, the Trojans beat Arizona by 19 points at home, but are favored by only 13.5 on the road vs Colorado? I think USC covers this easily.

OSU @ Arizona: My feeling is that after Coach Anderson left, OSU played on emotion, and almost won their next two home games. However, emotion only lasts so long, and so they finally stumbled on the road against a solid Cal team. I think losing the one conference game they were most favored for has to be a discouraging problem for the Beavers, and the Wildcats will cut them a new one down in Tucson.

If a UCLA/ASU line gets posted I'll update then.
wifeisafurd
Yogi Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Here is what I had:

Oregon state and points in the rain. (may change my mind if the weather report changes), Hopefully Cal grinds out a win.
Utah/UCLA: TBD
Mutts
ASU (skitzo is right)
WSU/Furd TBD
UofA with points

That adds to four games picked (OSU, Mutts, ASU, and UofA) and two no calls. Not counting my no calls a push, win or loss.
heartofthebear
I was a wopping 1-4-1 last week, making me 35-27-3 on the year. Continuing on this horrible streak should land me around .500 for the season.

Washington has played only one team that currently has a winning percentage above .500.
That was ASU and they lost. Once again they go on the road to play a winning team. This time they play Furd who is 3-0 at home with a scoring imbalance of 141-61 in those games. That includes beating ASU. However, Furd seems pretty vulnerable this year, especially offensively. And going against an opportunistic defense in the Dogs is a bad time to hand the reins of the offense over to a new QB. I'm a believer in Costello but not this week. Dogs win but Furd covers in a dog fight amongst dogs.

OK WSU has wins over USC and Furd with the UW game yet to be played. They have the conference in their control. I don't think they are going to let this one get away. However they've lost 2 out of their 3 road games this year against similar competition. I'm still taking WSU to come up with at least one point more than Utah.

I've been saying all year that SC is banged up. I could go down the list, but let's just say it is particularly bad on D. However, that didn't stop them from beating up on ASU in Tempe a couple of weeks ago. I think they can do the same against the Buffs. USC by more than 2 scores.

I don't see how Corvallis going to be a big savior this week for the struggling Beavs, but I also don't see a 23 point spread holding up. OSU covers.

I think ASU wins this game. Rosen may be back, but most of his receivers won't be.

heartofthebear
wifeisafurd said:

Yogi Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Here is what I had:

Oregon state and points in the rain. (may change my mind if the weather report changes), Hopefully Cal grinds out a win.
Utah/UCLA: TBD
Mutts
ASU (skitzo is right)
WSU/Furd TBD
UofA with points

That adds to four games picked (OSU, Mutts, ASU, and UofA) and two no calls. Not counting my no calls a push, win or loss.
Well, I think his point was that you only picked 3 games this week. Where is your pick on the Ariz vs. OSU game?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.