Let's Pick the Pac-12 Games: Week 2

2,751 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by heartofthebear
UrsusTexicanus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After starting the season 5-6, it looks like I'll have to seriously re-think my next career as a riverboat gambler. Anyway, here's the link to last week, https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/81415
and this week's wildly inaccurate picks. Home team in italics.

BYU 3.5 over Cal: Do we get the Bears who shut down North Carolina for the first three quarters or the ones who looked lost in the fourth? For no reason whatsoever, I'm taking the former. Cal to surprise and beat the spread.

Houston 4.5 over Mildcats: Secret to stopping Khalil Tate is the kitten's inept coaches. Houston to cover, and hopefully so because one of my martial arts instructors is a rabid fan and I don't want him to be grumpy all week.

Nebraska 5 over Colorado: Ralphie gets stampeded. Huskers cover and won't need the assistance of a lightning storm this time.

Mormon Marauders 11 over Northern Illinois: This line is a little high. Utes will win but not cover.

Furd 3.5 over U$C: The annual wishing for an earthquake, meteor strike, giant sinkhole under the stadium game. This will be a close game with the termite infested trees covering.

Michigan State 7 over Spawn of Satan: Spartans with surprising struggle in their first game, Devil's Rejects with surprisingly easy win. Don't see that trend two weeks in a row. Spartans cover.

Wazzoo 35.5 over San Jose State: Puddytats feast on the other Spartans. Cougs easily cover.

Oklahoma 30 over bRuins: Chip Kelly gets curbstomped. Sooners cover.

And in the pick on someone your own size FCS NL games:

Oregon vs. Portland State
Mutts vs. North Dakota
River Rats vs. Southern Utah
BerlinerBaer
6-6 last week. I am a well-trained monkey. My picks this week:

Door-knockers...
Houston
Buffs
Utes
Furd
ASU
Mrs. Robinsons
Ucla

+42 rule:
Floaters
ND
SUU
FloriDreaming
UrsusTexicanus said:

After starting the season 5-6, it looks like I'll have to seriously re-think my next career as a riverboat gambler. Anyway, here's the link to last week, https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/81415

BYU 3.5 over Cal: Do we get the Bears who shut down North Carolina for the first three quarters or the ones who looked lost in the fourth? For no reason whatsoever, I'm taking the former. Cal to surprise and beat the spread.

Houston 4.5 over Mildcats: Secret to stopping Khalil Tate is the kitten's inept coaches. Houston to cover, and hopefully so because one of my martial arts instructors is a rabid fan and I don't want him to be grumpy all week.

Nebraska 5 over Colorado: Ralphie gets stampeded. Huskers cover and won't need the assistance of a lightning storm this time.

Mormon Marauders 11 over Northern Illinois: This line is a little high. Utes will win but not cover.

Furd 3.5 over U$C: The annual wishing for an earthquake, meteor strike, giant sinkhole under the stadium game. This will be a close game with the termite infested trees covering.

Michigan State 7 over Spawn of Satan: Spartans with surprising struggle in their first game, Devil's Rejects with surprisingly easy win. Don't see that trend two weeks in a row. Spartans cover.

Wazzoo 35.5 over San Jose State: Puddytats feast on the other Spartans. Cougs easily cover.

Mutts vs. North Dakota
I didn't think I did that well but turns out I was 6-5 (I didn't see a line for Utah so I didn't make a call on that one).

BYU
Houston
Nebrasksa
Utah
Furd
ASU
WSU
Oklahoma
BearSD
Against the spread --- Straight up

Cal --- Cal
Houston --- Houston
Nebraksa --- Nebraksa
NIU --- UU
LSJU --- LSJU
MSU --- MSU
SJSU --- WSU
Zero U --- Zero U
no line --- Ducks
no line --- UW
no line -- Beavs

WEEK 1 RESULTS: ATS 5-6 (no one ever got rich copying my picks), SU 9-3.

chalcidbear
Well, I went 7-4 last week, and if the Bears had scored one more point I'd have gone 8-3. This is likely to be my best percentage for the entire season, but I've never let that stop me before, so on to week 2:

Cal @ BYU: BYU did a great job against 'Zona across the board, and while our defense played quite well last week, sadly the same can't be said for our offense, so as much as it pains me, for this away game I think BYU covers.

USC @ Stanford: USC is young, and last week Stanford showed very little weakness. Cardinal covers.

UCLA @ Oklahoma: Sooners cover.

San Jose State @ WSU: The pirate and Cougars have a field day in Pullman.

Arizona @ Houston: I think the 'Zona coaches rethink their strategy and allow Tait to run, leading to Wildcats covering and possibly winning.

Michigan State @ ASU: This is nothing but a guess - Spartans unacclimated to Arizona heat, allowing Sun Devils to pull out the upset.

Colorado @ Nebraska: Cornhuskers cover.

Utah @ Northern Illinois: Whittingham has his team running like a finely-honed engine - Utes to cover.

I sure hope I'm wrong about BYU.
wifeisafurd
UrsusTexicanus said:

Mutts vs. North Dakota
7-4 ,with 3 losses coming from Cali teams.

BYU (tough place to play even w/o Baldwin calling plays and making QB decisions)
Houston (UofA lack of oline and defense experience can't make-up for Tate)
Huskers cover, but not by much. Buffs looked improved.
Utah covers. Utes are a good team, and may win South Division
Going with Sparty, but again this is guess. Sparty looked bad against a game Utah State team.
WSU, but this is another depends on when they bring in th back-ups game.
Okie, but this is another when do they bring in the back-ups.
HighlandDutch
5-6 last week...you call it "mediocre," I call it "the high-water mark."

This week's bad picks:

BYU -3.5
UA +4.5
Nebraska -5
Utah -11
Stanford -3.5
MSU -7
Wazzou -35.5
UCLA +30
joe amos yaks
Cal beats the Wankers of the Wasatch. Bears unleash multi-tasking offense . . . change CFB.

uA/Tate beats uHous.

uNeb shucksz CO. Cornguysz cover.

uU wins and covers Illini

Farm over $uSC. Troyboysz beat spread.

MeatchickenStu over Sunguysz. Spartans cover.

Cougs over Sparty. SJStu beats spread.

Oku dominates Ucla but tChippers beat the spread.

Duckzz pluck PStu
Dawgs surprised by uNoDak
Beavs flaphf uSoU
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
OzoneTheCat
Didn't participate last round, but at quick a glance I was probably either 5-6 or 6-5. But let's take this forward.

YU 3.5 over Cal: I posted this on the premium board when I was allowed for $1. I was concerned about our offense and we may struggle on the road. This will be a big test. I think we will struggle on the road. BYU covers and wins by 10.

Houston 4.5 over Mildcats: BYU might be better than originally thought, but Houston is definitely a step up in competition. Houston covers easy.

Nebraska 5 over Colorado: Nebraska

Mormon Marauders 11 over Northern Illinois: I think the Utes cover

Furd 3.5 over U$C: Furd wins by 17

Michigan State 7 over Spawn of Satan: MSU gets its collective ass together and romps

Wazzoo 35.5 over San Jose State: Yup

Oklahoma 30 over bRuins: Yup Yup

Not going any deeper.
Fyght4Cal
Pedo-polygamists cover, Cal Wins

Steaming Manholes cover v Condoms, in Circus Minimus at Taco Bell Maximus

Southern Branch waves baby blue flag of surrender, as the Land Thieves cover

It's a tale of two halves, MildCats come out of pocket in 2nd half to bear down on the Beyoncs by one

Get the butter for the Big 8 revival, as the Cornholios ream Run Ralphie Run

Wayward Utes by 14 to Nill

Lansing gets the lead out and poisons the well (again?) to cover in Tempe

West Sparta takes it up the Wazzu, Coogs cover

Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
bear2034
Cal over BYU by 10.
Don't matter if the Cougs are playing 30 year olds.
heartofthebear
Only 5-6 last week and I don't really have a good read on this week either because we don't really know who these teams are.
The easy ones:
Michigan St. (spread seems low)
Utah (Spread does not seem high to me)
WSU (San Jose St. is pretty bad)

The slightly harder ones:
Nebraska (spread seems pretty close to accurate. Colorado could be better than we think)
Oklahoma (just not sure about the large spread & Chip tends to bound back after the season opener)

The hard ones:
Furd (spread seems pretty close to accurate and it could be just a FG difference but USC has an inexperienced QB)
Arizona (Just cause we are all expecting Arizona to be like last week and I'm not falling in line)
Cal (Cause if Cal loses it won't be by more than a FG...I think)

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.