Oski Bobblehead doesn't look in shape

3,713 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by okaydo
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oski tweeted a teaser of the new Oski bobblehead for the homecoming game.

And he kind of looks like the real Oski, as in a little out of shape.

Contrast that with past Oski bobbleheads:

okaydo
Oh, and I hope the Jared Goff bobblehead doesn't look like this:

82gradDLSdad
Ah, the generic white guy bobble. That's ok, I think all the black guy bobbles look like Denzel Washington. Too non-pc? Did I just get this thread locked?
okaydo
82gradDLSdad said:

Ah, the generic white guy bobble. That's ok, I think all the black guy bobbles look like Denzel Washington. Too non-pc? Did I just get this thread locked?

The same company used the same face from the Rams bobble:

Other Goff bobbles look like him sorta:

But I'm not too optimistic. The last time Cal gave away a bobblehead for a former QB, it looked like this:

okaydo

bearister
okaydo said:

Oh, and I hope the Jared Goff bobblehead doesn't look like this:

The artist that crafted Goff's likeness previously nailed it with his masterpieces in wax of tRump and Princess Di.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
God, I hate the new Oski bobblehead. i also hate that I'm going to spend like $50 on ebay to buy one.
B.A. Bearacus
okaydo

ColoradoBear
as stated by many others, why do a bobblehead giveaway for games people are already going to attend?
Sebastabear
okaydo said:

That may be worst bobblehead likeness ever. I really thought the mark we set with the Aaron Rodgers bobblehead would never be exceeded, but apparently I was wrong.
okaydo
Sebastabear said:

okaydo said:

That may be worst bobblehead likeness ever. I really thought the mark we set with the Aaron Rodgers bobblehead would never be exceeded, but apparently I was wrong.

No, no, no, you must've forgot how the Rodgers one looks!

The bobblehead peeps hit home runs with Marshawn and The Play, but I don't think I'm gonna spend $60 on eBay for the Oski and the Goff one. (Well, maybe the Goff one, the Oski one looks too weird and Andrew Luck/Mountain Man-like).

okaydo
ColoradoBear said:

as stated by many others, why do a bobblehead giveaway for games people are already going to attend?

Because the marketing department is run by USC alums who will sell them to people like me on eBay for $60.
Sebastabear
okaydo said:

Sebastabear said:

okaydo said:

No, no, no, you must've forgot how the Rodgers one looks!

The bobblehead peeps hit home runs with Marshawn and The Play, but I don't think I'm gonna spend $60 on eBay for the Oski and the Goff one. (Well, maybe the Goff one, the Oski one looks too weird and Andrew Luck/Mountain Man-like).

Well I'm certainly not defending this thing, but I think the Goff one may be worse based on that picture. Will have to check it out in person.
okaydo

Sebastabear
okaydo said:

Bwahahah. Here's the article for those who don't want to click through. Don't often agree with the Chronicle's take on Cal, but this one nails it.

Quote:

Cal just released its Jared Goff bobblehead and it's haunting our dreams
Please make it stop
By Michael Rosen

Bobbleheads are a tough business, but even by the generous standards of assessing bobblehead-to-human likeness, Cal's upcoming Jared Goff bobblehead is horrifying.

The Bears will be handing these bad boys out prior to their home game against USC on Saturday, Nov. 16, thereby maximizing the Goff bobble's exposure by showing him off before one of the season's best-attended games.

The Goff bobble joins an increasingly long line of bouncy-headed Cal likenesses given away in recent years, including a Play bobblehead featuring Kevin Moen, one depicting Marshawn Lynch driving a medical cart, and an Aaron Rodgers Cal bobblehead.

The Goff one, though, is objectively just bad.

His skin is a sickly off-white color, making the young quarterback look as if he's just sauntered out of a nursing home. His eyes appear to be sunken from exhaustion. His eyebrows, inexplicably, are orange.

Sure, the Cal uniform looks crisp, but why are his fingers so extremely fat? And his grip is just bizarre: as one Twitter commenter put it, "Is he shot putting the football?" The designers even missed Goff's trademark wispy mustache, an omnipresent feature during his days as Cal's starting quarterback from 2013-2015.

The one positive: the fact that Cal and Goff remain close enough to allow for this sort of promotion. Rodgers, famously, shunned the university for a number of years after the firing of former head coach Jeff Tedford (before re-joining the Golden Bears fold with head coach Justin Wilcox's hiring). Goff, on the other hand, has appeared to remain supportiveof the program throughout despite the transition from Sonny Dykes to Wilcox.

Did they need a night-terror-inducing bobblehead to commemorate this positive, though? Probably not.
okaydo
Strykur
Who designs this crap, although the Marshawn bobblehead was pretty awesome.
okaydo
Sebastabear said:

okaydo said:

Bwahahah. Here's the article for those who don't want to click through. Don't often agree with the Chronicle's take on Cal, but this one nails it.

Cal just released its Jared Goff bobblehead and it's haunting our dreams
Please make it stop
By Michael Rosen

Michael Rosen to SF Gate boss: Hey, I've come up with another fun Cal football story.

SF Gate boss: But your Goff bobblehed article only received 1 click. Nobody is interested in that garbage.

Michael Rosen: But I covered Cal football for the Daily Cal through thick and thin. There is an audience for this stuff.

SF Gate boss: Why don't you find some quirky story about Stanford?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.