Let's Pick the Pac-12 Games: Week 8

1,167 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by chalcidbear
UrsusTexicanus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Surged to 2-2 last week, making my season total 27-24. Here's the link https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/91028 and this week's "blame it on anesthesia from going to the dentist" rationale for my selections. Which, as usual, are in italics. Odds are for the home team.

Colorado @ Rubber Duckies -21: Ralphie won't be putting on flippers and out swimming the quackers. But Buffs are pretty good offensively and while they won't win, they'll find a way to beat the spread.

Wazzoo @ Devil's Rejects -3: Fat, soft puddytats stumble in the desert. Satan's kin cover.

Mormon Marauders @ River Rats +13.5: This is not an easy call. Rodents looking pretty good lately. Missionaries see how good and take them seriously. Utes cover.

Mutts @ Mildcats +9: Either Butt Sniffers are (sadly for us), not that good or Sumlin has finally figured how to best use Tate. Taking kittens to beat the spread.

U$C @ Notre Dame -11: Living in the past, meet living in the past. While fans reminisce about their teams dynastic years slipping further into the past, Notre Dame goes to the tried and true and sends out a bunch of 85 year old nuns. Thing is, that'll work. Domers cover.

And for the games against mighty Bye:

Cal ekes out a win. Defense waves offense off the field and wins on a pick six.
Furd pulls out a close one after their band is kicked off of Bye's field.
bRuins really show off Chip Kelly's genius by getting routed by Bye.
heartofthebear
Went 3-1 and now at 31-17 on the year.
One thing I've learned is to stay away from big spreads since there is so much parity. So, it's gonna be
Colorado
ASU
USC
OSU and
Arizona
wifeisafurd
Goose eegs. 0-4. 16-15 overall. I'm as mediocre as a Wilcox's head coaching record, which btw is 16-15. hopefully both of us improve in the future.

Buffs: Oregon wins, but Colorado beats the spread. One of these days Oregon is going to start beating-up on people with all that talent, but not this Saturday.

ASU: moneys seems to be moving towards WSU despite their DC resigning, and two very bad losses in a row. This may be the veer back to the norm thing as WSU can't be that bad, and ASU can't be that good. Nevertheless, ASU has a good defense and WSU doesn't, so I'm going with ASU, giving the points and going against the smart money which has the line down to -1.

U/A: Just keep thinking Huskies are better than they showed, and UofA is not that good. Screw instinct. Going with UpfA and points.

Beavers: Utes suck on the road, win the game, but don't cover.
Notre Dame: SC sucks on the road - just ask the Huskies. Domers beat spread.

YamhillBear
2-2 last week for 18-18 overall. Last week, all four of the underdogs were the correct picks, three of those underdogs were outright winners (sadly, we were the outlier).

This week taking:
Ducks -21 Ducks on a mission
Wazoo +3 ...unless the Pirate is really losing control of his crew?
Utah -13.5 think the Utes match up well against the Beavs
UA +9 is Chris Petersen's magic fading?
ND -11 Domers unfortunately on a mission too
chalcidbear
Last week I struck out: 0-4, so I'm now 20-24 for the season.

This week: I was out on vacation and didn't have a chance to get my bet in before the Oregon/Colorado game, so I'm down to 4 contests for later today:

WSU @ ASU: Maybe its just my heart overruling my head, but I gotta believe that Leach is capable of reigniting some magic for the Cougs: WSU to beat the spread.

Utah @ OSU: Well, it is looking like the Beavers are a better team than what they looked like earlier in the season, but Utah isn't no slouch, and they've had an extra week to prepare, and the Utes are not UCLA. Utah.

UW @ Arizona: I guess I may be the only one around here who thinks UW is still a tough team: Huskies.

USC @ Notre Dame: Another case of heart over head? Perhaps: Notre Dame.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.