Two Bears projected to be drafted in First Round of 2020 NFL Draft

3,021 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by calumnus
TexasBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-joe-burrow-goes-no-1-overall-bucs-replace-jameis-winston-daniel-jones-gets-a-weapon/
touchdownbears43
Lol
LACalFan
I've seen Davis projected that high before. Very cool to see Weaver getting some much deserved love too.
Bobodeluxe
If this is true, next year could be another 1-11season.
packawana
Bobodeluxe said:

Why would losing players who have run out of eligibility matter for that?
Big C
LACalFan said:

I've seen Davis projected that high before. Very cool to see Weaver getting some much deserved love too.
I'd LOVE for both of them to go in the 1st round, but I'm worried that AD's so-so season this year (compared to expectations) isn't going to help him. If I knew Weaver's 40 yd time at the Combine right now, I could affirm or repudiate his going in round one.
concernedparent
packawana said:

Bobodeluxe said:

He's implying that they are harder to replace than expected.
LACalFan
concernedparent said:

packawana said:

Bobodeluxe said:

He needed a random NFL mock draft to figure that out?
MathTeacherMike
I'm very, VERY, skeptical that either is drafted in the first two rounds. Ashton will get drafted purely on his 40-time. If he tests we'll otherwise, he might make it the 3rd round. I don't foresee Weaver having an impressive combine. If he can run in the high 4.5's he could go very high, but that is a really big if. He just doesn't have an NFL body - and that matters.

I recall last year reading some article about Vic Wharton being the best slot receiver in college football (it was before the season) and that he be a high draft pick. We all know how that worked out. I wouldn't take any draft ranking serious until after the combine.
concernedparent
LACalFan said:

concernedparent said:

packawana said:

Bobodeluxe said:

There's a bunch of people recently coming out of the wood works saying they are overrated/won't be missed.
LACalFan
concernedparent said:

LACalFan said:

concernedparent said:

packawana said:

Bobodeluxe said:

There's a bunch of people recently coming out of the wood works saying they are overrated/won't be missed.
They'll be missed. If you can't appreciate Weaver's game, I don't know what to say. Dude is an animal.
71Bear
concernedparent said:

LACalFan said:

concernedparent said:

packawana said:

Bobodeluxe said:

It isn't about being overrated or underrated, it is about how they will fit into the pro game. If Weaver doesn't run a fast 40, I don't see him being drafted in Round 1. Davis is a different story. He had a great junior year but he has not played as well this year. How will that impact his draft status? Again, I don't see him going in the first round.
Cal84
I think Weaver will do ok at the combine. He shows good mobility in game, so I doubt he runs a slow 40. Not saying he will be a 4.5, but the reality is that Cal uses him a lot in pass coverage. We wouldn't be doing that if he was slow. At 235 lbs, he is smaller than ideal NFL size, but remember that last year he played at 245. If he bulks up to 255 and can keep his existing speed, the size/speed aspects will not be negative for him. His real problem isn't his fault - it's that he is a MLB. That position just isn't as highly valued.

The big question for us draft wise is whether we lose Bynum. He wanted to go last year, so obviously he would this year if he gets a high draft grade.
dimitrig

Weaver may get drafted but I would be REALLY shocked if it was in the first round.
Big C
Cal84 said:

I think Weaver will do ok at the combine. He shows good mobility in game, so I doubt he runs a slow 40. Not saying he will be a 4.5, but the reality is that Cal uses him a lot in pass coverage. We wouldn't be doing that if he was slow. At 235 lbs, he is smaller than ideal NFL size, but remember that last year he played at 245. If he bulks up to 255 and can keep his existing speed, the size/speed aspects will not be negative for him. His real problem isn't his fault - it's that he is a MLB. That position just isn't as highly valued.

The big question for us draft wise is whether we lose Bynum. He wanted to go last year, so obviously he would this year if he gets a high draft grade.
It must've been a little disconcerting to NFL scouts to see Bynum get torched on that deep pass against Utah. There was a point in the play where he finally realized the receiver was going deep and then he was absolutely unable to close the gap on him. Didn't look like an NFL corner on that play.
calumnus
Big C said:

Cal84 said:

It must've been a little disconcerting to NFL scouts to see Bynum get torched on that deep pass against Utah. There was a point in the play where he finally realized the receiver was going deep and then he was absolutely unable to close the gap on him. Didn't look like an NFL corner on that play.

I seriously doubt he stays for a 5th year, even if he might not go in the first round. Would be good for the team if he stays but can't see that being a good decision.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.