Why do visiting players pray in north endzone?

1,410 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 6164bear
MugsVanSant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
During the decades we have been watching Cal we have noticed a parade of visiting players going to the north endzone to pray before games. We have never seen any visiting players go to the south endzone to pray. Saturday we saw half the USC players go to the north endzone to pray. We have seen this year after year, game after game. We have never seen a Cal player do this. Can anyone explain this pilgrimage on the part of visiting players?
m2bear
That's where God watches the game from.

They didn't tell you?
KoreAmBear
m2bear said:

That's where God watches the game from.

They didn't tell you?
I'm sure God can afford Stadium Club.
82gradDLSdad
North is higher than South and thus closer to God.
Another Bear
North Endzone is where the Hayward fault opens the widest...and that's the End Times portal.
TomBear
Cal players do the same thing when visiting other stadiums, though I don't know who decides whether North, South, East or West. Since God covers them all, I guess it makes no difference.
TouchedTheAxeIn82
82gradDLSdad said:

It baffles me why countries in the southern hemisphere don't make their globes with the South Pole on top.
bearister
Well, I sit in the North end zone. Throughout my lifetime scores have mistaken me for a liege lord.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
joe amos yaks
Earthquake ~~~~~ .
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
Eastern Oregon Bear
Because they enter the stadium through the north end zone tunnel?
Big C
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

It baffles me why countries in the southern hemisphere don't make their globes with the South Pole on top.
Surely one of two reasons:

a) They can't put the South Pole on top because everybody knows the North Pole is on top. Just look at any map!

b) Maybe they prefer being on the bottom.
Go!Bears
MugsVanSant said:

During the decades we have been watching Cal we have noticed a parade of visiting players going to the north endzone to pray before games. We have never seen any visiting players go to the south endzone to pray. Saturday we saw half the USC players go to the north endzone to pray. We have seen this year after year, game after game. We have never seen a Cal player do this. Can anyone explain this pilgrimage on the part of visiting players?
Saw a Cal player do it Saturday, at the start of the 2nd half. He was alone. North end zone. No idea why.
6164bear
Cal does, visitors don't.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.