Take Care of y'All Chicken

6,409 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by okaydo
R90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Start taking care of y'all mentals, y'all bodies and y'all chicken." -Marshawn Lynch.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/take-care-of-that-chicken-marshawn-lynch-urges-young-players-to-be-smarter-about-their-money-in-epic-press-conference-2020-01-13?mod=home-page
It's all just entertainment, so find a way to enjoy it.
The refs are there to feed your hatred addiction and keep the games close.
TheSouseFamily
Never knew Beast Mode was such a softie for animals! I don't have any chicken but if I did, I'd give them all a special hug today.

okaydo
That clip has gone so viral. Every version of it I've seen has more than a million views.

TheFiatLux
R90 said:

"Start taking care of y'all mentals, y'all bodies and y'all chicken." -Marshawn Lynch.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/take-care-of-that-chicken-marshawn-lynch-urges-young-players-to-be-smarter-about-their-money-in-epic-press-conference-2020-01-13?mod=home-page

This is so outstanding. Shawn would be doing such a great service if he did something like this at every press conference... not just for football players but for all people. Or on any topic about life. Stay out of anything controversial (water in which he clearly doesn't want to wade) and do this stuff and he's just that more beloved.

I absolutely love that he marches to the beat of his own drum. We should all have such strength of mind and character.
R90
TheFiatLux said:

This is so outstanding. Shawn would be doing such a great service if he did something like this at every press conference... not just for football players but for all people.

He's actually been doing just that, lately, and it's been fun to watch. Instead of the days where he refused to do interviews, followed by the days he just would reply, "I'm just here because I don't want to get fined," He now takes a question and then goes off topic to discuss whatever issue he wants.

I hope he does another mini-season stint next year for a playoff team, instead of abusing his body over a full 16 games.
510 Bear
I agree Marshawn's words are refreshing - especially when you consider how many pro athletes seem to care only about themselves.

Also, he urged everyone to take care of their bread. If he had added "take care of y'all's coleslaw", you could recreate the Bakesale Betty chicken sandwich, and then you'd really be on to something.
TheFiatLux
510 Bear said:

I agree Marshawn's words are refreshing - especially when you consider how many pro athletes seem to care only about themselves.

Also, he urged everyone to take care of their bread. If he had added "take care of y'all's coleslaw", you could recreate the Bakesale Betty chicken sandwich, and then you'd really be on to something.
Outstanding! Or, if you haven't been, this is also the makings for the fried chicken sandwich at Sideshow Kitchen in my 'hood!
AunBear89
Dude... 'furd Avenue? Really?

Looks like a great place and an absurd sandwich! I'll check it out for after the game on the 26th.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
TheFiatLux
AunBear89 said:

Looks like a great place and an absurd sandwich! I'll check it out for after the game on the 26th.
I know, I know, you just have to get passed that. If I'm not in India, let me invite myself to join you. In fact you can come over to my place after for a Gin!
okaydo
calbearinamaze
okaydo said:

I'm just on BI so I won't get fired.
calbearinamaze
LOVE MARSHAWN

Bright, caring, funny, not full of himself, wise, flawed,super-competitor, remembers where he came from, tough as nails...............................

I'm choosing to interpret "Take care of y'alls chicken" as taking care of someone or something very important to me.
okaydo
bearup said:

LOVE MARSHAWN

Bright, caring, funny, not full of himself, wise, flawed,super-competitor, remembers where he came from, tough as nails...............................

I'm choosing to interpret "Take care of y'alls chicken" as taking care of someone or something very important to me.

calbearinamaze
okaydo said:

bearup said:

LOVE MARSHAWN

I know it means "money" in the literal sense.

I did say "choosing to interpret".
Big C
So "chicken" is referring to money/finances, I take it?

Who here had heard that one before? Be honest. Is it pretty well known?
okaydo
Sam Farmer of the LA Times, one of the best NFL reporters, posts this, and there's an immediate debate in the comments over whether Marshawn will get in.

He's going to get in. I'm pretty certain. Unfortunately, he won't be eligible until 2025 after his comeback.

calbearinamaze
Big C said:

Big C,

I didn't know.

But, I looked it up before I made the "choosing to interpret" comment. (I"m in a very reflective mood)

BTW: if you didn't see my post....CAL last had a winning conference record on Dec. 30, 2017 beating
Furd in the first conference game. Unfortunately, a slight slump followed.
Big C
bearup said:

Big C said:

Big C,

I didn't know.

But, I looked it up before I made the "choosing to interpret" comment. (I"m in a very reflective mood)

BTW: if you didn't see my post....CAL last had a winning conference record on Dec. 30, 2017 beating
Okay, so "chicken" (money) is trending at #23 right now on Urban Dictionary.
calbearinamaze
Big C said:

bearup said:

Big C said:

Big C,

I didn't know.

Okay, so "chicken" (money) is trending at #23 right now on Urban Dictionary.
Great! I'll use it for real tonight.
OneTopOneChickenApple
I see a Cal T-shirt coming with this quote.
R90
As I see it, a farmer has to take care of his chicken, as an investment, so he'll be able to eat in the future.
calbearinamaze
R90 said:

As I see it, a farmer has to take care of his chicken, as an investment, so he'll be able to eat in the future.
When I was a kid on a farm, I had a pet chicken. I hope someone's taking care of it in Chicken Heaven.
okaydo
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001096417/article/packers-top-hawks-enter-nfc-championship-with-revenge-in-mind

calbearinamaze
okaydo said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001096417/article/packers-top-hawks-enter-nfc-championship-with-revenge-in-mind

+1000
okaydo
CALiforniALUM
TheFiatLux said:

AunBear89 said:

I know, I know, you just have to get passed that. If I'm not in India, let me invite myself to join you. In fact you can come over to my place after for a Gin!

Whatcha doing in India?
BGGB2
okaydo said:

Sam Farmer of the LA Times, one of the best NFL reporters, posts this, and there's an immediate debate in the comments over whether Marshawn will get in.

He's going to get in. I'm pretty certain. Unfortunately, he won't be eligible until 2025 after his comeback.

Petey's decision to pass on the goal line play in the dying moments of SB XLIX still sticks in my craw for this reason. If he'd just handed off to Marshawn, the Seahawks win, and Lynch is probably named the SB MVP. (Would've had 25 carries for 103 yards and two TDs.) That would've probably been enough to push him over the top for HOF enshrinement. He might still make it, as I believe he is more revered by his fellow players (who largely make up the selection committee) than by the media.
drizzlybear
Chauncey Gardner*

Also, does it seem to anyone else like he's going out of his way to not use the n-word?

*I don't mean that as a criticism. I LOVE Marshawn; the player and the person.
MathTeacherMike
okaydo said:

We have any scollies left for that kid?
dajo9
BGGB2 said:

okaydo said:

Petey's decision to pass on the goal line play in the dying moments of SB XLIX still sticks in my craw for this reason. If he'd just handed off to Marshawn, the Seahawks win, and Lynch is probably named the SB MVP. (Would've had 25 carries for 103 yards and two TDs.) That would've probably been enough to push him over the top for HOF enshrinement. He might still make it, as I believe he is more revered by his fellow players (who largely make up the selection committee) than by the media.

That would have also created the trivia quiz, " what is the only college team to have 2 future Super Bowl MVP's?"
bear2034
bearup said:

R90 said:

When I was a kid on a farm, I had a pet chicken. I hope someone's taking care of it in Chicken Heaven.
I had fried chicken and chili last week.

calumnus
MathTeacherMike said:

okaydo said:

We have any scollies left for that kid?

He's our first offer for the 2028 class.
socaltownie
Money is simply a national treasure.
Take care of your Chicken
calbearinamaze
oskirules said:

bearup said:

R90 said:

I had fried chicken and chili last week.

Are you implying that you ate some transformation of Clucky?
510 Bear
There's only one Marshawn.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.