Auburn fired Malzahn

1,896 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by calumnus
Strykur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Madness
71Bear
Strykur said:

Madness
Not madness.... SEC

Addendum: $21.7 million buyout.
Rushinbear
What took 'em so long? They were going nowhere with him.
Strykur
Apparently Mario Cristobal is a top candidate, after Hugh Freeze...
71Bear
Strykur said:

I suspect that Cristobal will be mentioned for every premier opening. Whether he considers any of those opportunities is another story. Regardless, he now has leverage to renegotiate his contract.

Update: Bruce Feldman of the The Athletic has Cristobal at the top of his list of potential candidates.
Oski87
71Bear said:

Strykur said:

I suspect that Cristobal will be mentioned for every premier opening. Whether he considers any of those opportunities is another story. Regardless, he now has leverage to renegotiate his contract.

Update: Bruce Feldman of the The Athletic has Cristobal at the top of his list of potential candidates.
It will be interesting to see if Christobal goes anywhere. I am sure if anyone could dump cash on him it would be Oregon, but they do not normally do that. Christobal sees where he is going there - good recruiting but he is a lousy coach and that always eventually catches up with him. He needs elite talent to be better than average.

I think Oregon would be more fearsome with the San Jose State coach.
Strykur
Oski87 said:

71Bear said:

Strykur said:

Cristobal has been acknowledged as the best recruiter in college football, if he can get top 5 classes at Oregon on a regular basis, they will be playoff contenders every season.
71Bear
Oski87 said:

71Bear said:

Strykur said:

It will be interesting to see if Christobal goes anywhere. I am sure if anyone could dump cash on him it would be Oregon, but they do not normally do that. Christobal sees where he is going there - good recruiting but he is a lousy coach and that always eventually catches up with him. He needs elite talent to be better than average.

That is what people thought when MacIntyre was at San Jose. Colorado found out the hard way that it wasn't true.
BearSD
Quote:

His iffy coaching would catch up with him at Auburn -- but if his agent gets him a deal like what Malzahn had, he'll walk away from Auburn with a $20 million buyout. IMO that's too good to pass up.
bluehenbear
Ummm...won't Oregon coming knocking on Wilcox's door?

let him go or we need to keep him?
Strykur
bluehenbear said:

I have said this before, Wilcox would be out of place at Oregon given how new-school they are as a program compared to his coaching style, unless he decides to start running the spread option he won't go back to Eugene.
calumnus
Strykur said:

bluehenbear said:

I have said this before, Wilcox would be out of place at Oregon given how new-school they are as a program compared to his coaching style, unless he decides to start running the spread option he won't go back to Eugene.

Oregon does not go defense-first and we have had one of the worst offenses in D1 for 4 years in a row.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.