Haas Seating Back to Normal?

2,894 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by calumnus
SonomanA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know if there will be any restrictions on seating at Haas? I know Memorial will be back to normal, but I have not heard anything about Haas which is indoors.
Bobodeluxe
Will there be standing room only tickets available at game time?
helltopay1
social distancing will not be a problem..
calbears4ever
They may have it be vaccinated fans only (with proof of valid vaccine card required), especially because delta cases are spiking. If you try to order tickets to a basketball or volleyball game, don't be surprised if you are asked to provide proof that you are fully vaxed
Civil Bear
calbears4ever said:

They may have it be vaccinated fans only (with proof of valid vaccine card required), especially because delta cases are spiking. If you try to order tickets to a basketball or volleyball game, don't be surprised if you are asked to provide proof that you are fully vaxed
Certainly not ideal, but better than forcing the vaccinated to wear masks and social distance.
Big C
calbears4ever said:

This should be the norm all over: People who are exercising their freedom not to be vaxxed are impinging on everybody else's freedom to live in a normal, healthy society.
calbears4ever
I am fully vaccinated and still have to wear a mask at work, so I wouldn't be mad if we had to wear masks to ease contact tracing. The delta variant is elusive, as you know
Civil Bear
calbears4ever said:

I am fully vaccinated and still have to wear a mask at work, so I wouldn't be mad if we had to wear masks to ease contact tracing. The delta variant is elusive, as you know
According to the CDD, the science suggests it's not necessary for the vaxxed to mask indoors. At what point would you be okay with the vaxxed having the option of not wearing masks?
bearister
Yes, back to normal, 750 fans shoe horned into a 12,000 capacity arena.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
helltopay1
large C: As my old friend Marie used to say:" What is the issue?" The biggest dispositive issue is whether the Gov't can force Americans to take a medicine, vaccine, etc against their will...all other issues are secondary to that preeminent issue..
The clear constitutional answer at present is NO. If we want to change that, we have a constitutional mechanism to do just that.....( It involves the Congress and the States)
Absent that occurrence , you observe the rule of law...
If that law is breeched, the slippery slope which ensues will cause un rest and chaos.

At this point, knowing what we know about the many side-effects of the FDA unapproved vaccines, ( Pfizer and Moderna) it is best to wait for an FDA approved vaccine......one such vaccine is in the works..I believe it's called Novamax..

One Doctor ( I saw him on Video) said that there is a real possibility of blood clotting in the Lungs as a result of the Pfizer and Modern vaccines...His time-frame was three years. We need to proceed with caution....Modern should read Moderna. .
helltopay1
Mods...I am responding on this site because I am responding to a comment made by Big C. Otherwise, my comments concerning this topic would be on the OT site.
bearister
helltopay1 said:

Mods...I am responding on this site because I am responding to a comment made by Big C. Otherwise, my comments concerning this topic would be on the OT site.

In the alternative, a lifetime ban for spreading disinformation would also be corrective.
calbears4ever
Civil Bear said:

calbears4ever said:

According to the CDD, the science suggests it's not necessary for the vaxxed to mask indoors. At what point would you be okay with the vaxxed having the option of not wearing masks?

Outside of work, I don't really wear a mask at all, so it would be fine if fully vaccinated people didn't wear them. What I don't like is when people lie and say they are fully vaccinated when they are actually unvaccinated.
Bobodeluxe
This is Murkuh! Freedom isn't free! If you can't lie, do it anyway!
Big C
helltopay1 said:

large C: As my old friend Marie used to say:" What is the issue?" The biggest dispositive issue is whether the Gov't can force Americans to take a medicine, vaccine, etc against their will...all other issues are secondary to that preeminent issue..
The clear constitutional answer at present is NO. If we want to change that, we have a constitutional mechanism to do just that.....( It involves the Congress and the States)
Absent that occurrence , you observe the rule of law...
If that law is breeched, the slippery slope which ensues will cause un rest and chaos.

At this point, knowing what we know about the many side-effects of the FDA unapproved vaccines, ( Pfizer and Moderna) it is best to wait for an FDA approved vaccine......one such vaccine is in the works..I believe it's called Novamax..

One Doctor ( I saw him on Video) said that there is a real possibility of blood clotting in the Lungs as a result of the Pfizer and Modern vaccines...His time-frame was three years. We need to proceed with caution....Modern should read Moderna. .

I'm pretty sure that the Pfizer and then the Moderna will be getting full approval before any other vaccines, like some time in the next 3-5 months.

Last month I had to provide proof that my kid was vaccinated for tetanus, whooping cough and chicken pox, in order that he could enter the 7th grade. I asked the nurse why not COVID. She said maybe after the vaccines get full approval.

Millions and millions of people have gotten the mRNA vaccines with hardly any side effects. My understanding is that any side effects pretty much happen early on, at the time of vaccination or in the ensuing weeks. Meanwhile 600,000+ Americans have died from COVID. It's a no brainer.
helltopay1
big C....You obviously did not see the video saw....It is available. BTW, I am totally vaccinated.....

Bearister...You did not see the Video either....see the video ...Then, you can e-mail the Doctor and advise him he's spreading misinformation...
helltopay1
More Big C...According to this Dr, it can take up to three years for blood clots to form in your lungs..He has already seen evidence of blood clots in "62%" of his patients. There's a reason ( a very good reason) why it takes so long to get FDA approval for anything...Have to conduct studies over a long period of time to make sure the benefits outweigh the risks. You know this...you are a teacher...
stu
helltopay1 said:

...According to this Dr, it can take up to three years for blood clots to form in your lungs..He has already seen evidence of blood clots in "62%" of his patients.
Hmmm - I get a blood clot every time I cut myself. That's a good thing.

If you get COVID-19 your lungs can be totally messed up in three weeks. And that's killed hundreds of thousands of Americans. If this doctor is telling the truth and the incidence of vaccine side effects is comparable to the incidence of death from COVID-19 then he must have a million patients.

BTW friend of mine spent a month in the ICU with COVID-19 and now has COPD, probably for life.
bearister
helltopay1 said:

big C....You obviously did not see the video saw....It is available. BTW, I am totally vaccinated.....

Bearister...You did not see the Video either....see the video ...Then, you can e-mail the Doctor and advise him he's spreading misinformation...

I watched the Dr. Pimple Popper video instead.

Big C
helltopay1 said:

More Big C...According to this Dr, it can take up to three years for blood clots to form in your lungs..He has already seen evidence of blood clots in "62%" of his patients. There's a reason ( a very good reason) why it takes so long to get FDA approval for anything...Have to conduct studies over a long period of time to make sure the benefits outweigh the risks. You know this...you are a teacher...

helltopay1: I am glad you are fully vaccinated, as am I. Research doctors peer-review these things. If this doctor has discovered anything of note, the word will be spread. In the meantime, I'm going to take the word of the vast, vast majority of professionals in the field who believe these vaccines are safe.

If the FDA feels that more time is needed to evaluate the vaccines, they will likely take that time. The last thing these people want is to have blood on their hands.

If you and I are next to each other in an ICU in three years, you are welcome to tell me, "Medium C, I told you so." Hopefully there will also be a TV in there with a Cal basketball game on... and the Bears won't suck.
helltopay1
In ICU, I want a Hooker and a Priest....in that order..
stu
helltopay1 said:

In ICU, I want a Hooker and a Priest....in that order..
In some cases they're indistinguishable.
Cal8285
I'm hearing that there will be two restrictions. 1) You have to have a ticket, and 2) you have to actually want to show up to the game. Cal was considering a 10% capacity restriction, but realized that the same result would be achieved with those two above-mentioned restrictions in place.
Big C

Maybe, for games if it's raining (big "if" nowadays, I know), we could market Haas as a place students could come that's indoors where they could social distance!
stu
We could ask professors to schedule exams in Haas at game times.
Bobodeluxe
Some?
helltopay1
Students attending games pre-pandemic...7
Students attending games during pandemic..5
Students attending games post pandemic.....6

Sometimes compromise is healthy.
Sometimes it doesn't matter.
oskidunker
Another restriction. I have been trying to upgrade from senior seats to chairbacks. Trying to give Cal $5000. They wont take the money. First I am told someone is looking at the seating chart and they have no access next I am told I have to wait until a reseating event in July. Then they told me August. A week ago they said maybe September-when the football season starts. I sent them an email Monday. No reply. It usually takes aweek to get a response. Thought about emailing Knowlton but dont want to piss them off. I may be on vacation part of Sept so I guess I will have to keep the old seats.
calumnus
oskidunker said:

Another restriction. I have been trying to upgrade from senior seats to chairbacks. Trying to give Cal $5000. They wont take the money. First I am told someone is looking at the seating chart and they have no access next I am told I have to wait until a reseating event in July. Then they told me August. A week ago they said maybe September-when the football season starts. I sent them an email Monday. No reply. It usually takes aweek to get a response. Thought about emailing Knowlton but dont want to piss them off. I may be on vacation part of Sept so I guess I will have to keep the old seats.

That is sad.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.