Bill Walton tells a Larry Bird story

3 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bearister
SFCityBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFCityBear
bearister
That's great! In Walton's book Nothing But Net he has a chapter dedicated to Larry Bird stories. I believe this story is included:

"One night in Dallas, Bird told the Mavericks bench exactly how he was going to score on the next play. "So you got that?" Bird said. "I'm gonna stand right here. I'm not going to move. They'll pass me the ball, and the next sound you hear will be the ball hitting the bottom of the net." The next time down the floor, Bird was true to his word, and winked at the Dallas bench afterwards for good measure." basketballforever.com

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
SFCityBear
bearister said:

That's great! In Walton's book Nothing But Net he has a chapter dedicated to Larry Bird stories. I believe this story is included:

"One night in Dallas, Bird told the Mavericks bench exactly how he was going to score on the next play. "So you got that?" Bird said. "I'm gonna stand right here. I'm not going to move. They'll pass me the ball, and the next sound you hear will be the ball hitting the bottom of the net." The next time down the floor, Bird was true to his word, and winked at the Dallas bench afterwards for good measure." basketballforever.com

One thing I liked about the video I posted was Walton saying "No NBA player ever wants to inbound the ball, because they might never get it back." You don't have to be an NBA player to feel that. I first felt that way in the 5th grade, and felt that way thereafter. Who says this is a team game? (Whoops. I think I did.)
SFCityBear
superbear99
Sort of sad but this is by far the most interesting story on this site. Our recruiting is too sad to discuss.
stu
That's because it involves Bill Walton!

(flame bait)
bearister
Well, this is an NBA thread:

Greg Brown III:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.