My Losing Season by Pat Conroy

983 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bearister
calfanz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fantastic Book By Pat Conroy.

It's a good read and relevant to the Cal Hoop Situation.

Since no one is spending a lot on this board, use it to read this well written piece about our Basketball Journey.
udaman1
Conroy's Citadel team with a bunch of 5'11" white guys in 1966 would run us out of the gym.
1966-67 Citadel 47
2022-23 Cal Bears 39
mbBear
calfanz said:

Fantastic Book By Pat Conroy.

It's a good read and relevant to the Cal Hoop Situation.

Since no one is spending a lot on this board, use it to read this well written piece about our Basketball Journey.
Great author...doing my yearly trip to Mexico soon, so will be looking for a read...thanks....
bearister
One of my sister in laws gave me an autographed copy she bought at a book signing in 2002.

*As the book indicates, his dad was a major a@sshole. The dad in The Great Santini was based on him. As a result of that depiction, Conroy's dad wouldn't talk to him until the end of his life when he reconciled with Pat.
The Citadel considered Pat persona non grata for many years because of how it was depicted in his book The Lords of Discipline.

New York Times: Reconciliation at The Citadel - Pat Conroy

https://patconroy.com/profiles-of-pat-conroy/new-york-times-reconciliation-at-the-citadel/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.