I hope Askew is okay...

1,889 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Golden One
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
According to MoragaBears write-up, Fox said that Askew was "physically worn down and unavailable". I know that happens a lot in the NBA, when you got guys sometimes in their mid-30s playing 82-games-plus-playoffs, as well as semi-frequent back-to-back games, but I find it a bit odd-sounding in this case. What do you think?

I hope he's back for Furd and solid for the rest of the season. It'd be nice to see what we can do with different options in the backcourt.
calumnus
Big C said:

According to MoragaBears write-up, Fox said that Askew was "physically worn down and unavailable". I know that happens a lot in the NBA, when you got guys sometimes in their mid-30s playing 82-games-plus-playoffs, as well as semi-frequent back-to-back games, but I find it a bit odd-sounding in this case. What do you think?

I hope he's back for Furd and solid for the rest of the season. It'd be nice to see what we can do with different options in the backcourt.

Agreed. He is needed. It will be good to see what he can do when he is not asked to do too much.
stu
We need a coach who can figure out what Askew does best then ask him to do that.
Econ141
stu said:

We need a coach who can figure out what Askew does best then ask him to do that.

We need a coach.
oskidunker
No more hero ball.
Go Bears!
bearister
He had Covid in early December. Sometimes it kicks the arse of even young guys.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C
bearister said:

Ah, is that it? Yeah, when I had COVID in May, I pretty much had to take a nap in the afternoon for three weeks... and I would be out for a good ninety minutes. And it was a fairly mild case.
KoreAmBear
Big C said:

bearister said:

Ah, is that it? Yeah, when I had COVID in May, I pretty much had to take a nap in the afternoon for three weeks... and I would be out for a good ninety minutes. And it was a fairly mild case.

Yep ongoing fatigue seems to be a byproduct. That's my story for my employer and I'm sticking with it.
southseasbear
KoreAmBear said:

Big C said:

bearister said:

Yep ongoing fatigue seems to be a byproduct. That's my story for my employer and I'm sticking with it.
For me, the cold-like symptoms were mild and disappeared in a couple of days. The problem with the fatigue (one morning I walked downstairs and then needed to sit at the bottom of the staircase to rest!) and brain fog which lasted a month, and which sporadically arise for several hours from time to time. Hope Askew is okay.
Fire Knowlton!
Fire Fox!
Put Wilcox in a hot seat!
bearister
southseasbear said:

KoreAmBear said:

Big C said:

bearister said:

For me, the cold-like symptoms were mild and disappeared in a couple of days. The problem with the fatigue (one morning I walked downstairs and then needed to sit at the bottom of the staircase to rest!) and brain fog which lasted a month, and which sporadically arise for several hours from time to time. Hope Askew is okay.

I hope you are on the mend…and your experience is why I don't find wearing a mask at appropriate times to be that big of a deal. I DON'T WANT THAT SH@IT!
southseasbear
bearister said:

southseasbear said:

KoreAmBear said:

Big C said:

bearister said:

I hope you are on the mend…and your experience is why I don't find wearing a mask at appropriate times to be that big of a deal. I DON'T WANT THAT SH@IT!
I caught it on 7/4 and had it (though slightly diminishing symptoms each day) until 8/3, though there were some relapses where I found it hard to concentrate at work. I agree, the mask is not a big deal; since the pandemic started I got COVID once (where I had slipped in my determination to mask up) and only 1 cold.
Fire Knowlton!
Fire Fox!
Put Wilcox in a hot seat!
calumnus
southseasbear said:

bearister said:

southseasbear said:

KoreAmBear said:

Big C said:

bearister said:

I caught it on 7/4 and had it (though slightly diminishing symptoms each day) until 8/3, though there were some relapses where I found it hard to concentrate at work. I agree, the mask is not a big deal; since the pandemic started I got COVID once (where I had slipped in my determination to mask up) and only 1 cold.

We are in Tokyo for the holidays after they finally opened up. Everyone still masks, indoors and outdoors (except for some obvious visitors).

stu
I'm still feeling the effects of COVID-19 from last January but I'm far beyond my playing years. Actually I never had playing years but that's another story...

I am somewhat surprised at how few people wear masks at both the men's and women's games. People are sitting close together for 2 hours and on a good day there's a lot of screaming. And the ventilation doesn't look that good, smoke or fog from the introductions just hangs in the air.
oskidunker
Never wear masks. Attend all Cal basketball games. Never got Covid. Have had all the shots. I wear masks where required not when not required.
Go Bears!
stu
In my inexpert opinion contagion depends on time, distance, ventilation, and protection (masks, vaccinations, etc). I'm comfortable if 3 of those 4 are good.
bearister
JimSox
bearister said:

southseasbear said:

KoreAmBear said:

Big C said:

bearister said:

I'm with you Bearister. I'm the guy at the basketball games up in cheap seats far away from everyone else and masked up with a good N95 at all times. Never had it and I DON'T WANT THAT SH@T either!!
Golden One
stu said:

I am somewhat surprised at how few people wear masks at both the men's and women's games. People are sitting close together for 2 hours and on a good day there's a lot of screaming.
At Cal men's basketball games, you don't have to worry about people sitting close together. Attendance has been so lousy that there is lots of room between fans.
KoreAmBear
Golden One said:

stu said:

I am somewhat surprised at how few people wear masks at both the men's and women's games. People are sitting close together for 2 hours and on a good day there's a lot of screaming.
At Cal men's basketball games, you don't have to worry about people sitting close together. Attendance has been so lousy that there is lots of room between fans.
You can sit among a sea of free t-shirts if you want.
oskidunker
KoreAmBear said:

Golden One said:

stu said:

Last year the Stanford game was packed. Might happen again.
Go Bears!
Golden One
oskidunker said:

KoreAmBear said:

Golden One said:

stu said:

I doubt it.
HoopDreams
Golden One said:

oskidunker said:

KoreAmBear said:

Golden One said:

stu said:

I doubt it.
I'm watching the weather and road conditions
stu
I don't think any roads in Berkeley well east of I-80 are likely to flood. But you'll still have to deal with drivers of varying skill levels on a rainy night.
oskidunker
stu said:

I don't think any roads in Berkeley well east of I-80 are likely to flood. But you'll still have to deal with drivers of varying skill levels on a rainy night.
Supposed to be a break in the storms Friday.
Go Bears!
Golden One
oskidunker said:

stu said:

Supposed to be a break in the storms Friday.
National Weather Service says 60% chance of rain Friday night.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.