Opening line for Arizona game Thursday night?

1,402 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by calbearsfan
calbearsfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
T/- 20 points?
bearister
calbearsfan said:

T/- 20 points?

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
HoopDreams
I was worried about getting blown out by the top of the conference teams such as UCLA and AZ

but we've been getting blown out by the middle and the bottom of the conference teams

bearister
35.5?
calumnus
HoopDreams said:

I was worried about getting blown out by the top of the conference teams such as UCLA and AZ

but we've been getting blown out by the middle and the bottom of the conference teams

Getting blown out by the Beavers…..
oskidunker
I will not be attending. The Arizona Fans can chant their crap and revel in beating the worst team in the nation
Go Bears!
JimSox
oskidunker said:

I will not be attending. The Arizona Fans can chant their crap and revel in beating the worst team in the nation

Nor I
bearister
calumnus said:

HoopDreams said:

How have you managed to somehow make that sound unsavory.

* T shirt dedicated to Big C
concernedparent
Well, the players put up a spirited fight against Arizona the last time we played them. I expect more of the same and we'll keep it close until tip-off.
Big C
bearister said:

35.5?

These numbers people are spouting off: Is it supposed to be the over/under on how many points we score?

LOL, Jerod Haase, I don't care how many they just won in a row, his team gave up 92 points to... Cal! OTOH, with that conference game streak they just ran off, I think Furd needs to extend him at least as long as Knowlton.
bearister
concernedparent said:

Well, the players put up a spirited fight against Arizona the last time we played them. I expect more of the same and we'll keep it close until tip-off.

Color announcer for the Arizona game [plug in any name]:

"The Bears are overmatched tonight but putting in a gutty performance. …and you really have to remember at times like this that Mark Fox is one of the great coaches in the NCAA, but he has had an unparalleled run of bad luck with player injuries this season. I am sure he is looking very forward to next season, and further more…..

….and did I tell you the last time I was in Berkeley I got caught in a fire fight on Durant…and you should have seen my kid's birthday party last week…….Cal is in the clutches of a 10 minute scoring drought after being up 15 points early, but they should crack 45 tonight."
Big C
bearister said:

calumnus said:

HoopDreams said:

Bearister, your attempts at humor are crude and more appropriate for Animal House or some such. I would prefer to "keep it classy", even if that might be aspirational for a guy like me.
oskidunker
bearister said:

concernedparent said:

"The Bears are overmatched tonight but putting in a gutty performance. …and you really have to remember at times like this that Mark Fox is one of the great coaches in the NCAA, but he has had an unparalleled run of bad luck with player injuries this season. I am sure he is looking very forward to next season, and further more…..

….and did I tell you the last time I was in Berkeley I got caught in a fire fight on Durant…and you should have seen my kid's birthday party last week…….Cal is in the clutches of a 10 minute scoring drought but they should crack 45 tonight."
Spot on. We might get the idiot who says Fox does it the"Right Way" whatever the hell that means.
Go Bears!
bearister
Big C said:

bearister said:

calumnus said:

HoopDreams said:

Bearister, your attempts at humor are crude and more appropriate for Animal House or some such. I would prefer to "keep it classy", even if that might be aspirational for a guy like me.

You're not turning into MamaBear on me are you? She has schlonged me so many times for inappropriate posting that I have CTE.

bearister
oskidunker said:

bearister said:

concernedparent said:

….and did I tell you the last time I was in Berkeley I got caught in a fire fight on Durant…and you should have seen my kid's birthday party last week…….Cal is in the clutches of a 10 minute scoring drought but they should crack 45 tonight."
Spot on. We might get the idiot who says Fox does it the"Right Way" whatever the hell that means.

I think there is a book about what it means:

*I read it in 1983. You can't put it down. She tells story of how he had a sheriff in Tahoe murdered for punching him out at Cal Neva for bird dogging his wife. Sinatra threatened to sue but he was all talk.
prospeCt

HoopDreams
bearister said:

concernedparent said:

….and did I tell you the last time I was in Berkeley I got caught in a fire fight on Durant…and you should have seen my kid's birthday party last week…….Cal is in the clutches of a 10 minute scoring drought after being up 15 points early, but they should crack 45 tonight."
The color guy for the Utah game talked for quite awhile about the 72 games our players have missed.

first time I heard this color guy so I'm sure he doesn't know much about Cal.

so I wonder who gave him that stat???

does someone have a spreadsheet they update each game to give to the announcers???

calbearsfan
I believe it's from Media Relations who gives hands out game notes to each media member before each game. A copy of which can be found on calbears.com under the men's basketball page, under additional links, and news archives, on the preview for each game

https://calbears.com/documents/2023/2/8/2023_02_09_Cal_Men_s_Basketball_Notebook.pdf
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.