Draymond Green suspended indefinitely

1,558 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by bearister
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hmmmm
Go Bears!
Golden One
The Warriors need to dump him. He isn't the player he once was, and he is just not worth all the baggage.
Oakbear
Why not an assault charge for the sucker punch?
JimSox
Well he apologized and said the slap (not a punch) was inadvertent, that he was just flailing trying to emphasize that he was being held and fouled. If you look at the video, that's exactly what it looks like. To me this looked like it was a negligent and unnecessary action that risked resulting in exactly what happened. A hard slap to the face. Clearly a flagrant two requiring ejection and probably a suspension for a game or maybe two or three. Though clearly reckless, there's no evidence it was intentional. But since it's Draymond, throw the book at him.
But although I think the punishment is not warranted, it is clear he needs to clean up his act. And looking like he never will. I wonder if the Warriors could have spent that hundred million better.
Northside91
His explanation is entirely implausible.

My guess is that he's bored stiff with basketball and wants out. He's won championships and made a boatload of money, but he seems to love attention. In a world that rewards infamy as much as fame, why not play the villain and have a future in entertainment beyond basketball? His wife has done reality TV. Would it surprise anyone if they got their own show? Quiet retreating types are not in high demand. Who gets more attention, Bethany Frankel or John Stockton? Maybe DG is a version of Bethany in a very different package.
SBGold
JimSox said:

Well he apologized and said the slap (not a punch) was inadvertent, that he was just flailing trying to emphasize that he was being held and fouled. If you look at the video, that's exactly what it looks like. To me this looked like it was a negligent and unnecessary action that risked resulting in exactly what happened. A hard slap to the face. Clearly a flagrant two requiring ejection and probably a suspension for a game or maybe two or three. Though clearly reckless, there's no evidence it was intentional. But since it's Draymond, throw the book at him.
But although I think the punishment is not warranted, it is clear he needs to clean up his act. And looking like he never will. I wonder if the Warriors could have spent that hundred million better.
this is an implausible take. Moody is the better player anyway
bearister

https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/108513/replies/2010622

"On most Top Ten lists of Dirtiest Players in NBA. He is ingenious at always making his move in ambiguous circumstances so that he can argue it was unintentional (3 nard smashers, 2 on Steven Adams and one on LeBron. In the last series I saw him unnecessarily move his guide arm forward on his jumper to hit the defender's face)."

https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/108513

When I was growing up, those who wore the title of Enforcer didn't sucker punch. They squared up and let you knew it was coming and challenged you to do something about it. They fully owned their aggression and defied you to defend yourself against it.

Nobody, but nobody, is going to hurt my teammates' | Sports Illustrated Vault | SI.com

https://vault.si.com/vault/1977/10/31/nobody-but-nobody-is-going-to-hurt-my-teammates

Maurice Lucas vs Darryl Dawkins,*1977

*Either of whom would have folded Draymond like a cheap suit.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C

I've always been a Draymond fan, but it's gotten to the point where you wonder if he is even capable of controlling himself. Or maybe, as one poster alluded to, he sees the Warriors' reign coming to an end and is getting bored with it.
89Bear
JimSox said:

Completely disagree. Wow!! He knew exactly what he was doing.
stu
89Bear said:

JimSox said:

I think it was intentional and the flailing was to establish plausible deniability. But I can be a cynic.
JimSox
stu said:

89Bear said:

JimSox said:

I think it was intentional and the flailing was to establish plausible deniability. But I can be a cynic.
Well whether it was merely egregiously reckless as I saw it or intentional as most everyone else maintains, I think we all agree he shouldn'ta oughta done it. And unfortunately there's every reason to believe he's gonna keep doing stuff like that. Sad.

Edit: Just looked at it again and changed my mind. Now I think he was pissed at Nurcic for holding on to him and just lashed out wildly. Then he stood over him for a second and barked. Then complained to the ref that he was being held. He wasn't flailing to draw attention to the foul as I first though and as he later claimed. He just lashed out violently. If he wasn't trying to hit him, he certainly didn't care if he did. Angry man,
udaman1
As has been mentioned in several articles, this is what the end looks like. It's been an incredible 10-12 years with this core, and Bay Area fans are spoiled with the Warriors success. But it's done. Keep Dray. Trade Dray. Re-sign Klay. Let Klay go. It doesn't matter. It's done. Enjoy the 4 rings.
89Bear
He wasn't even bumped hard. It is a play that happens a million times a quarter. If that sets him off, then he has some issues. He knew Nurcic was right there and he knew his arm was face high, and he knew that he would make contact with Nurcic, and he knew he was trying to sell it like it was an accident. Total Di** move on his part. Then he goes into the press conference and sounds like an even bigger Di**.
Big C
udaman1 said:

As has been mentioned in several articles, this is what the end looks like. It's been an incredible 10-12 years with this core, and Bay Area fans are spoiled with the Warriors success. But it's done. Keep Dray. Trade Dray. Re-sign Klay. Let Klay go. It doesn't matter. It's done. Enjoy the 4 rings.

As of right now, the Warriors look old, short... and toast.
bearister
BearSD
bearister said:

Maurice Lucas vs Darryl Dawkins, 1977

The NBA stopped permitting stuff like this by the end of that year, 1977, because the Kermit Washington / Rudy Tomjanovich incident happened on December 9th that year.
https://www.espn.co.uk/video/clip/_/id/21693564

Draymond wants to be a pre-1977 NBA player.
bearister
Yeah, but one who sucker punches still.
prospeCt
https://clickamericana.com/media/newspapers/the-punch-nbas-rudy-tomjanovich-kermit-washington-1977

bearister
Draymond Green's anger is becoming his lasting legacy as athleticism fades

https://sports.yahoo.com/draymond-greens-anger-is-becoming-his-lasting-legacy-as-athleticism-fades-214703022.html
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.