Question Regarding Recruiting Visits

899 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by calumnus
3Cats4CAL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know what typically happens during a recruit's visit to Cal? How long for a one versus two day visit? Do they and with family? have all 3 meals with the coaches? Tour Campus with who?
01Bear
I think there's an important difference you're missing (at least for high school recruits; I'm unsure how the rules change, if at all for transfers). There's an official visit and an unofficial visit. I think the schools are allowed to pay for one parent to travel with the student-athlete for an official visit. Up until last year, student athletes were also allowed only five (IIRC) official visits overall. Now student athletes can take as many official visits to schools as they want, but they are only allowed to visit any particular school just once. Student athletes were and are allowed to take as many unofficial visits as they want to schools, but they have to foot the travel costs, etc.

Official visits may last up to 48 hours. I don't believe the duration restriction applies for unofficial visits.

As for what goes on during visits, that's pretty much up to the school/coaches. There are some restrictions in place (e.g., no prostitutes, no drugs).
smh
> As for what goes on during visits, that's pretty much up to the school/coaches. There are some restrictions in place (e.g., no prostitutes, no drugs).

d'oh!
01Bear
smh said:

> As for what goes on during visits, that's pretty much up to the school/coaches. There are some restrictions in place (e.g., no prostitutes, no drugs).

d'oh!

Of course, that hasn't always been followed by all universities.
Eastern Oregon Bear
01Bear said:

smh said:

d'oh!

What happens in Louisville, stays in Louisville.
calumnus
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

01Bear said:

smh said:

d'oh!

What happens in Louisville, stays in Louisville.

One of UNLV's selling points!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.