Steph Curry Legendary Olympic Gold medal dagger

1,770 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by bluehenbear
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This shot seals Steph Curry's Legend

HoopDreams
… and that shot was his fourth straight 3 pointer in 2 minutes with the "golden dagger" with 16 seconds while the entire French team trying to stop him while leaving his superstar teammates wide open

HoopDreams

HoopDreams

calbearinamaze

FABULOUS!!!

Thanks!
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
75bear
HoopDreams said:

… and that shot was his fourth straight 3 pointer in 2 minutes with the "golden dagger" with 16 seconds while the entire French team trying to stop him while leaving his superstar teammates wide open

"Golden dagger" is such a great play-by-play call.
evanluck
Love this meme. It is clever is a very Cal sort of way! Legendary two games by Steph! Happy for all of Team USA for representing and securing the gold in the most competitive Olympics to date!
sluggo
Next Olympics is going to be interesting. The big 3 from this one are probably gone. The best player of his generation is Ant. Devin Booker is also in that conversation. Haliburton would be a nice complement. Ja Morant could join them if he gets his head straight, and there is Donovan Mitchell. I could see Jaylen Brown and Tatum starting at forward. Paolo Banchero played in the basketball world cup, so he is probably interested. I have never seen Scottie Barnes play, but he has good stats. Then maybe Adebayo or Jaren Jackson Jr. at 5.

Those guys would be competitive with anyone, but I don't see them overwhelming the competition. They will have the home court advantage, which certainly helped the French.

I am going to miss this Olympic team. The basketball was not always great, but it was so fun to see these legends together.
oski003
evanluck said:

Love this meme. It is clever is a very Cal sort of way! Legendary two games by Steph! Happy for all of Team USA for representing and securing the gold in the most competitive Olympics to date!

Are jersey numbers based on jersey sizes like they do in youth sports?
oski003
Pre Ayesha Steph in Paris:
7.3 PPG, 5 made threes (4 games)

Post Ayesha Steph:
30 PPG, 17 made threes (2 games)

Ayesha = Olympics MVP
concernedparent
sluggo said:

Next Olympics is going to be interesting. The big 3 from this one are probably gone. The best player of his generation is Ant. Devin Booker is also in that conversation. Haliburton would be a nice complement. Ja Morant could join them if he gets his head straight, and there is Donovan Mitchell. I could see Jaylen Brown and Tatum starting at forward. Paolo Banchero played in the basketball world cup, so he is probably interested. I have never seen Scottie Barnes play, but he has good stats. Then maybe Adebayo or Jaren Jackson Jr. at 5.

Those guys would be competitive with anyone, but I don't see them overwhelming the competition. They will have the home court advantage, which certainly helped the French.

I am going to miss this Olympic team. The basketball was not always great, but it was so fun to see these legends together.

I agree with your analysis about the future of US basketball. We lack a dominant player and there doesn't seem to be an obvious one in the pipeline. By 24, LeBron and Durant already won MVPs and were in the yearly convo for best player in the league.

I disagree that Ant is currently the best American player of his generation. Assuming he continues his growth trajectory, he will be, but for the under-30 guys, Booker, Tatum, and Brunson are better at the moment. Hali, Jaylen Brown, Zion, Mitchell, Ja are not far behind. A lot can happen in 4 years. I think we project a lot expectations onto him because he's young, flashy, and charismatic, but watching him closely in the playoffs and during these olympics, we shouldn't crown him anything.
HairOfTheBear
This compilation of various broadcasters, in different language, and in a bewildered state for each of the four consecutive 3 pt shots Steph made is pretty fun to watch and listen and read.

Que Deliscioso!!! in rfrence to Chef Curry is a great one. He also did el Arco del Charco!

And French announcers are beyond dismayed lol - Curry, no es impossible!!! ...

The World becomes a Steph fan!

It kinda fun reading a few of the comments as well
wraptor347
Few more names that I think could be in the mix in 4 years:
Jalen Brunson
De'Aaron Fox
Chet Holmgren
Cooper Flagg
Jalen Williams

A lot can change in 4 years, but you're on point that we don't project to have as dominant of a talent advantage next time. Hopefully some of the young guys take big steps up. Can't expect them to reach the level of the big three though.
sluggo
wraptor347 said:

Jalen Brunson
De'Aaron Fox
Chet Holmgren
Cooper Flagg
Jalen Williams

A lot can change in 4 years, but you're on point that we don't project to have as dominant of a talent advantage next time. Hopefully some of the young guys take big steps up. Can't expect them to reach the level of the big three though.
Those are some good names. Brunson played in the 2023 World Cup. He can score, but he is a ball stopper and not a good defender. Fox would be perfect if his shot is reliable, his quickness is overwhelming. Holmgren has experience with younger age national teams. He is an international style big with his shooting and playmaking ability and defensive presence. Flagg was the star of the camp team that played against he Olympic team. If he gets his shot down he will be a star. Jalen Williams is good, can shoot, and what is nice about him is that he does not need to be the star. AJ Dybsanta leads a very, very good class of 25, but they will be a bit young.

I am already looking forward to 28.

Big C
sluggo said:

wraptor347 said:

Jalen Brunson
De'Aaron Fox
Chet Holmgren
Cooper Flagg
Jalen Williams

Those are some good names. Brunson played in the 2023 World Cup. He can score, but he is a ball stopper and not a good defender. Fox would be perfect if his shot is reliable, his quickness is overwhelming. Holmgren has experience with younger age national teams. He is an international style big with his shooting and playmaking ability and defensive presence. Flagg was the star of the camp team that played against he Olympic team. If he gets his shot down he will be a star. Jalen Williams is good, can shoot, and what is nice about him is that he does not need to be the star. AJ Dybsanta leads a very, very good class of 25, but they will be a bit young.

I am already looking forward to 28.

It is fun to see basically an all-star team, but one that is playing for real, not in the Joke NBA All-Star Game. And add to that the fact the competition is getting better and better.
prospeCt
~ you folks slippin' . . . Curry & "Night, night" a wee bit silly and unnecessary, go Oakland

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/steph-curry-has-heated-moment-with-french-media-in-video-amid-wife-ayesha-s-tense-police-encounter/ar-AA1oFEzR

bluehenbear
Jaylen Brown will be the next US Olympic star.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.